Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That block by Chase
Seriously though, how many receivers would have just trotted after that play and watched Mixon get what he could get rather than sprinting across the field and laying the smack down on a corner? That's going to be a big highlight in film review and I expect that kind of effort out of all our receivers now.
Reply/Quote
This was a special play and to watch it unfold was fun. Chase just jumped out on the screen as a football player. The dude is more than a WR, he's a legit all around stud as an NFL pro.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Had to share in this post.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:49 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Chase: blocks AND catches

Sewell: ?

I’m glad the Bengals have Ja’Marr Chase but we need to accurately evaluate what we saw from Penei Sewell yesterday. Sewell has a LOT to learn about pass protection; he has “happy feet” and he doesn’t set himself well. However, he is VERY good at run blocking. Once Sewell learns to get his feet set and use leverage in pass protection he’ll be a monster.

Okay, back to Ja’Marr; I love his energy. Downfield blocking by wide receivers is something the Bengals have lacked for years. I remember Chad Johnson, even after he had a great game, was always brought back down to earth by Marvin Lewis. Marvin ALWAYS told the wide receivers they need to learn to block better.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m glad the Bengals have Ja’Marr Chase but we need to accurately evaluate what we saw from Penei Sewell yesterday.  Sewell has a LOT to learn about pass protection; he has “happy feet” and he doesn’t set himself well.  However, he is VERY good at run blocking.  Once Sewell learns to get his feet set and use leverage in pass protection he’ll be a monster.  

Okay, back to Ja’Marr; I love his energy.  Downfield blocking by wide receivers is something the Bengals have lacked for years.  I remember Chad Johnson, even after he had a great game, was always brought back down to earth by Marvin Lewis.  Marvin ALWAYS told the wide receivers they need to learn to block better.

I mean let's be real, the Bengals needed to draft BOTH Chase and Sewell. The team has a lot of needs, but that's not how drafting works. Chase is looking like a stud and early ROY favorite. We'd also benefit if we took Sewell, because I agree with your thought that he'll be a monster. It's all hindsight now, Chase is our guy.
Reply/Quote
I never realized how much of a big boy Chase was until he made that block.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:07 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I never realized how much of a big boy Chase was until he made that block.

[Image: orOV4_iIYh0p5wVOxSzocpEUtv3yY5qvEkyITerX...a07792422f]

Reply/Quote
Chase went above and beyond to make that block, even left the CB covering him behind just to block for Mixon.

With this play and with his excellent playing so far in the season.... Chase has ultimately buried AJ GREEN & ROSS for good.

Go Chase!
Reply/Quote
The last WR that blocked like that gave the Bengals fits. Let's hope Chase does that for us for a long time.

Oh, the WR I was referring to....Hines Ward.

*ducks and runs for cover
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: The last WR that blocked like that gave the Bengals fits. Let's hope Chase does that for us for a long time.

Oh, the WR I was referring to....Hines Ward.

*ducks and runs for cover

No need to run. We know you are speaking objectively about Whines Hard.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Absolutely loved the play. One thing that made me jump off the couch and startle the kids. That effort by a WR in a game like that... it was exactly what you want to see. Not necessary given the exact circumstance, but sets the tone. Loved it so much. And it was shown on the highlights several times the rest of the day, and every time it came on I was happy to see it again!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:08 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I don't see where you are getting a problem here, if you actually watch the TD again, yes Mixon did his wee dance but after he stopped Mixon and Chase hugged each other.
I guess some people just try to pick faults where there is none
Like I said, I think it would have made all the difference in the world if he had just turned to Chase first and celebrated with him.  

I'm just looking at it from a standpoint of where I want it to be a building team chemistry thing and boosting moral.

Sure, Chase could have felt the appreciation, but think how fired up it would have gotten the entire team if the first thing he did was turn to thank Chase and celebrate with him. That would have been inspirational.
(10-18-2021, 06:12 AM)G man Wrote: I read somewhere that on the bench Mixon kept shouting “thats ja‘marr’s touchdown so he definitely acknowledged it. Chemistry is good

I did look that up and I agree that it's good but, like I said above, I think it would have made all the difference in the world if he had turned to celebrate with Ja'Marr.
Reply/Quote

:D

Reply/Quote
Loving the effort and having a receiver who actually knows how to block.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
OK that block by Chase was good, but it pales in comparison to former team mate Justin Jefferson's windmill block:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: OK that block by Chase was good, but it pales in comparison to former team mate Justin Jefferson's windmill block:

I tried to share this with everyone for a laugh, but threads outside of JN just don’t get much traffic.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-A-good-laugh-after-another-tough-loss

Reply/Quote