Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's 1 Win, Go For 2
In a meaningless game of a 4-7 team playing an 0-11 team in front of a stadium with more empty seats than people in seats, The Bengals won for the first time in almost 365 days.  I will add the 4-7 team came in playing good ball, so the win was a good effort by the 0-11 team.  I will also add the 0-11 teams defense has played better last few weeks as compared to awful most of season.  I will also add the 0-11 stopped benching and blaming their franchise quarterback of 9 seasons, and he helped get the win.

So 1 win is nothing to get all excited about.  It's good for the team and fans that the long losing streak that goes back to Marvin and Hue losing games last season is over.  It is good that this new coach got his first NFL win, although it took too long and on that he would agree. The real trick now is to string 2 wins together.  Don't make it go years before you have back to back wins.  

So my avatar changes from paper bag on head to a babies 1st birthday.  Mood changes from TIRED of all this mess to Go.  Go get win 2 at Cleveland.  I won't even look past that.  The fans of tank for the draft are not true football.  If teams ever did lose on purpose, that is of the 1919 Black Sox mode and the NFL should come down with great wrath on ownership and players involved.  True sports is you now have 1 win, go for 2.  As Bill Russell of basketball fame often said, you try to finish strong to take that into the next game, because if you quit, that carries into the next game, or next season. So that would mean you do not wait for 2020.  You try to get this team on the right track the end of season.  The Defense has improved last 3 games.  The Offense was good enough to win today.  Now do it again next week.  Go for 2 and then go for 3 or 4 or 5 wins this season.  Let THAT carry into 2020, not quitting and tanking which brings true shams and dishonor.

So I'm not getting all excited about 1 win in close to 365 days,  don't get me wrong.  I'm still not that excited about this team.  I am saying GO FOR 2 next week.  Try to win all or almost all the games left this season.  Have players STEP UP on Defense and Offense and Coaching and show they deserve to be kept in February and March.  Knowing the 0-16 rally cry from some fans was the worst sports goal ever.  So today makes 1 win, now go for 2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
[Image: PTWTG-450x244.png]

Now if you lose and secure the #1 pick, well, that's just a silver lining. But, if you can shit all over Cleveland twice, please do so. That would make me very happy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: PTWTG-450x244.png]

Now if you lose and secure the #1 pick, well, that's just a silver lining.  But, if you can shit all over Cleveland twice, please do so. That would make me very happy.

So, say we win 3 games and pick 2nd or 3rd...and we miss out on Burrow. What do we do at QB?

Andy next year? Do we extend him then?

Jordan Love in the 2nd Round IF he's there? Let him sit and learn for a year?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So, say we win 3 games and pick 2nd or 3rd...and we miss out on Burrow. What do we do at QB?

Isn’t Andy Dalton already on contract through 2020? Anyway, I think if the Bengals pick a quarterback — and that’s a big if — it might be wise to pick one who is more mobile than Joe Burrow. If the offensive line was better I would feel more confident about Burrow so, in case Mike Brown insists on a quarterback, let’s do our due diligence and select one who can run and pass...

...or just call Cam Newton’s agent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So, say we win 3 games and pick 2nd or 3rd...and we miss out on Burrow. What do we do at QB?

Good news, then: turns out I have no influence on then winning or losing  Mellow 

There's more pissing and moaning after a win today than in any of the losses. Some of you just need to walk the **** away from this team and not come back, for the sake of your mental health.  Jesus.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No, don't. Stay at 1.
Reply/Quote
Lets win for no reason and lose Joe Burrow. God I hate the Bengals even when we are winning.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:17 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Lets win for no reason and lose Joe Burrow. God I hate the Bengals even when we are winning.
You as a fan of The Draft may want to lose on purpose or Tank.  I say again that the Owner, Coaches and Players should be kicked out of the NFL if they lost games on purpose.  Plus, Burrow might be another Ryan Leaf, Jack Thompson, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, RG3 and many other top pick college quarterbacks who flopped in the NFL.   These guys are always listed as can't miss, sure fire picks to go to Hall Of Fame and many only stink up the NFL.   Maybe more than QB, the team needs O Line and Defense very early in the draft.  Cowler mentioned today that in NFL now you need 2 outside LB's that can cover, tackle and really edge rush from either side to have any kind of a good defense.  Long time since we drafted a LB in 1 or 2.   I would put the need for Defense, Blocking over QB.   I'm tempted to add WR over QB also if Green leaves and Ross always injured. 

The draft aside and who's in it,  The NFL should kick Bengals out of the NFL if the owners, coaches, players throw games like the 1919 Black Sox. 

1 Win, Go for 2.  Win as many as you can.   The great athlete Bill Russell said you finish strong so it carries over, instead of losing carrying over.  So then let some winning carry over into 2020, not a bunch of losing.   

I think this is only in some draft fans minds, and the coaches and players have no intention of taking a dive and losing on purpose.  They've never considered it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario they will finish with 3 wins. We'll still be in the running for first overall pick. There's no reason not to celebrate or hope for wins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:54 AM)jason Wrote: Best case scenario they will finish with 3 wins. We'll still be in the running for first overall pick. There's no reason not to celebrate or hope for wins.

Yeah, I like winning, but this bunch operates in odd ways.  3 wins will make the Brown/Blackburn crew behave like Goodell just handed them a voucher for a guaranteed Lombardi trophy in 2020.  They'll be popping champagne and giving back rubs in the owner's box while Mikey springs for some vintage Boone's farm to celebrate they genius of the 2019 offseason with a fully catered White Castle buffet.

This bunch needs to be humbled and reminded of their stupidity/ineptitude.  They need to know that they have to do more.  Time for less money bin swimming and more scouting/free agent signing.  

If they trot this same group out in 2020 plus a few draft picks, they'll lose 10 games again.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:54 AM)jason Wrote: Best case scenario they will finish with 3 wins. We'll still be in the running for first overall pick. There's no reason not to celebrate or hope for wins.

If next they get win 2, they can get 4.   An upset of Patriots would be 5.   Sweep Cleveland and beat Miami gets them 4-12.  Still a bad season when you have to fight to climb to 4-12, but it would mean winning 4 out of 5 as a positive for Coaches and Players with NO QUIT going into 2020. They might even find some players worth bringing back on this team, as none were worth bringing back at 0-11. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Isn’t Andy Dalton already on contract through 2020?  Anyway, I think if the Bengals pick a quarterback — and that’s a big if — it might be wise to pick one who is more mobile than Joe Burrow.  If the offensive line was better I would feel more confident about Burrow so, in case Mike Brown insists on a quarterback, let’s do our due diligence and select one who can run and pass...

...or just call Cam Newton’s agent.

Burrow is athletic and more than mobile enough. And...

"He's the highest-graded passer under pressure and is setting LSU and PFF College records in the process of a historic season, the likes of which we haven't seen."

He doesn't have some great, don't touch my QB, offensive line at LSU.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:48 AM)kevin Wrote: You as a fan of The Draft may want to lose on purpose or Tank.  I say again that the Owner, Coaches and Players should be kicked out of the NFL if they lost games on purpose.  Plus, Burrow might be another Ryan Leaf, Jack Thompson, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, RG3 and many other top pick college quarterbacks who flopped in the NFL.   These guys are always listed as can't miss, sure fire picks to go to Hall Of Fame and many only stink up the NFL.   Maybe more than QB, the team needs O Line and Defense very early in the draft.  Cowler mentioned today that in NFL now you need 2 outside LB's that can cover, tackle and really edge rush from either side to have any kind of a good defense.  Long time since we drafted a LB in 1 or 2.   I would put the need for Defense, Blocking over QB.   I'm tempted to add WR over QB also if Green leaves and Ross always injured. 

The draft aside and who's in it,  The NFL should kick Bengals out of the NFL if the owners, coaches, players throw games like the 1919 Black Sox. 

1 Win, Go for 2.  Win as many as you can.   The great athlete Bill Russell said you finish strong so it carries over, instead of losing carrying over.  So then let some winning carry over into 2020, not a bunch of losing.   

I think this is only in some draft fans minds, and the coaches and players have no intention of taking a dive and losing on purpose.  They've never considered it. 

Ryan Leaf was drafted the spot behind Peyton Manning
Akili Smith was drafted the spot behind Donovan McNabb
RGIII was drafted the spot behind Andrew Luck

It sounds like the lesson to be learnt is more to do with ensuring someone doesn't get in first and snag the good QB.
Reply/Quote
I'm doing both I'm happy Bengals won. Also ecstatic that Skins, Phins also won. Now I'm a Giants Cardinal Lions Skins and Phins fan.
Reply/Quote