Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's finally got to be it.
Marvin will be fired at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:16 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Marvin will be fired at the end of the season.

One can dream. I'm boycotting this team until he is.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:16 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Marvin will be fired at the end of the season.

Wish I was as optimistic as you. I don't see it happening though. Marvin has survived 2 4 win seasons. We'll beat the Browns and he'll have his 3rd. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You spelled "extended" wrong.
Reply/Quote

Don't bet the farm on that.  

He 'may' voluntarily retire, but he will NEVER be fired by Mike Brown!!

Marvin Lewis is a good man and a good DC, but not a good HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wish I was as optimistic as you. I don't see it happening though. Marvin has survived 2 4 win seasons. We'll beat the Browns and he'll have his 3rd. 

It's sad that the only game we might win the rest of the year against the Browns will be enough for Mike Brown to keep Marvin around.
Reply/Quote
OP...I'll believe it win I see it...

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote

Not according Mikey Brown logic.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wish I was as optimistic as you. I don't see it happening though. Marvin has survived 2 4 win seasons. We'll beat the Browns and he'll have his 3rd. 
You sure they beat the Browns without AJ and Bernard? I'm not.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Surely Marvin should get a pass with injuries??? Lol. This guy has got a fairer shake than most coaches do in high school! Fire this man.
Reply/Quote
After squandering a talented roster for 5 years...the Bengals will finally make a coaching change now that they are rebuilding.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One can dream. I'm boycotting this team until he is.

Likewise. There's no point in even humoring Marvin anymore. He's a wuss with a losers mentality. 
Reply/Quote
I don't believe Marvin will be fired. Why, you probably ask?

Because he has his scapegoat now, which is injuries to Green and Gio. Yes, the Bengals were very clearly underachieving prior to these injuries, but that will be overlooked.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just goes to show how small your window is in the NFL.

It also goes to show that you can't just build a Super Bowl contender with draft picks. You have to be willing to pony up in free agency.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy will never pay Marvin NOT to coach.....................

Giggles is not going anywhere...........
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:45 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Mikey Boy will never pay Marvin NOT to coach.....................

Giggles is not going anywhere...........

Absolutely correct.  Marvin has one year left on his deal, and you bet your ass, he will be on the sidelines in 2017.

The only hope we have is that Marvin resigns.  Label me naive if need be, but I think Lewis knows that his time here is over.  He has indeed reached his peak as a HC in the National Football League and he is now firmly entrenched in the decline.  It is beyond obvious.

A change of scenery as a position coach or coordinator elsewhere may be what's best for him if he wants to continue to coach.  Or he could retire and count his millions for the rest of his life. 

Of course the reality will be that Lewis will be stubborn and give it one more year, and 2017 will be a catastrophe.
Reply/Quote
Usually I'm a lot more optimistic than this but I think Mike Brown's criteria vis-à-vis keeping Marvin Lewis depends on the Cleveland game. If the Bengals beat the Browns Marvin stays and if the Browns beat the Bengals Marvin goes. Mike still hates Cleveland so at least there's that going for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Usually I'm a lot more optimistic than this but I think Mike Brown's criteria vis-à-vis keeping Marvin Lewis depends on the Cleveland game. If the Bengals beat the Browns Marvin stays and if the Browns beat the Bengals  Marvin goes. Mike still hates Cleveland so at least there's that going for him.

A victory over the worse team in football as a job saving act is just sad in itself.
Reply/Quote