Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November 20, 2016
A day that will live in Bengals infamy.

Most Bengal days do to some extent, but this one more than most.

The team loses a home game to a very average opponent, eliminating itself from any realistic chance at the playoffs and all but ensuring a losing record.

The team's franchise player, AJ Green, goes down with a hamstring tear and is out for at least the remainder of the season.

Our most explosive and versatile offensive weapon, Gio Bernard, is out until at least mid-season 2017 with an MCL tear on a play no one even saw.

Our best DB is out indefinitely. Not sure what Dre's injury is, but knowing our medical staff, whatever it is will soon transition into polio.

And probably the worst thing..the upshot of all this..now our coaches have "get out of jail free" cards excusing them in advance for the pure s*** we will all see over the remainder of the season.

GTFO
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think you meant November?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you meant November?

I thought to myself, I hope I did not miss eating TURKEY!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
That's what I get for posting before 7 am

Reply/Quote
The coaching staff gets no pass. This season was already down the toilet and the team has been playing like it for most of the year.

I'd like to punch anyone who blames this season's mess on injuries. The mess came first, then injuries, not the other way around.

Reply/Quote
This season is over from a playoff standpoint. It's looking like we're going to get a top 10 pick in the draft. I would love to get rid of the coaching staff, but will Mike Brown do that? History says no.
Reply/Quote
can we create online petition to get rid of m. brown, m.lewis, and m. nugent
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This season is over from a playoff standpoint.  It's looking like we're going to get a top 10 pick in the draft.  I would love to get rid of the coaching staff, but will Mike Brown do that?  History says no.

I like where Bonnie is coming from ,,,, reality!

What good could possibly come from the injuries?  The ONLY good is that it will help this team finish at a better draft position.

Depending on what the Bears, Jags, and 9ers do, the worst pick they should end up with is 5th with a 3-11-1 finish.

Will Brown fire Lewis?  No!

Will Lewis retire?  To be determined at a later date.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This season is over from a playoff standpoint. It's looking like we're going to get a top 10 pick in the draft. I would love to get rid of the coaching staff, but will Mike Brown do that? History says no.

He'll sign them all to extensions. He's that inept at running this team. Clearly he's let the latest few years of success go to his head, and in true Mike Brown fashion is managing to eff it all up
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seasons been over since week 3. With a significant rebuild needed we won't be a competent team for another couple years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah it's officially over now. I mean even if for the strangest most unlikely of reasons they were to win out...they still would have no chance at a title...The parody of the NFL is just incredible! Just last year our team was one of the best in the league and now? Nothing but blown opportunities since the Dalton and Green era and it's sad to watch it come to an end this way. Was thinking last night the tag line for this franchise for the last 10 years...DECADE OF DISAPPOINTMENT. Jan of 2006 the Steelers beat us at home in the playoffs and we suffered Carson going down and really never being the same, and Jan of 2016 the Steelers yet again beat us at home in the playoffs after one of the Bengals best seasons...Hoping for change but its likely to stay the same. Prime example of that is that we still have a coach on the staff from the DAVE SHULA ERA!!!???!!! Unbelievable...I'm still a fan of this team regardless, but it was a sad day leaving the stadium yesterday with the impending doom of dark days heading back to PBS...Sad

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:43 AM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Yeah it's officially over now. I mean even if for the strangest most unlikely of reasons they were to win out...they still would have no chance at a title...The parody of the NFL is just incredible! Just last year our team was one of the best in the league and now? Nothing but blown opportunities since the Dalton and Green era and it's sad to watch it come to an end this way. Was thinking last night the tag line for this franchise for the last 10 years...DECADE OF DISAPPOINTMENT. Jan of 2006 the Steelers beat us at home in the playoffs and we suffered Carson going down and really never being the same, and Jan of 2016 the Steelers yet again beat us at home in the playoffs after one of the Bengals best seasons...Hoping for change but its likely to stay the same. Prime example of that is that we still have a coach on the staff from the DAVE SHULA ERA!!!???!!! Unbelievable...I'm still a fan of this team regardless, but it was a sad day leaving the stadium yesterday with the impending doom of dark days heading back to PBS...Sad

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

Yeah, what really bites me in the (butt) is that it just feels like yesterday was when the door officially closed on this group.

We're in for another long rebuild now, and I don't know if I have it in me.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:47 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The coaching staff gets no pass. This season was already down the toilet and the team has been playing like it for most of the year.

I'd like to punch anyone who blames this season's mess on injuries. The mess came first, then injuries, not the other way around.

Exactly, but we're still hear the kool aid drinkers claiming otherwise.

(11-21-2016, 09:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This season is over from a playoff standpoint.  It's looking like we're going to get a top 10 pick in the draft.  I would love to get rid of the coaching staff, but will Mike Brown do that?  History says no.

I'd so love to see a complete house cleaning, including a few players. But as you say - won't happen.

(11-21-2016, 10:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He'll sign them all to extensions. He's that inept at running this team. Clearly he's let the latest few years of success go to his head, and in true Mike Brown fashion is managing to eff it all up

He's that stubborn as well. Mike isn't going to admit pubically that his running of the team has been wrong by doing the right thing and firing the whole lot.
Reply/Quote
As I stood there in the stands yesterday I actually was thinking of that old song. "The day the music died"
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Seasons been over since week 3. With a significant rebuild needed we won't be a competent team for another couple years.

I regret that this is a correct statement.

Awful line play was quite obvious on both sides after game 3.
Reply/Quote