Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That time of Offseason again....
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-qb-tiers-from-franchise-guys-to-just-guys-where-your-likely-starter-ranks/

Thoughts.

Hopefully one day we get back to the playoffs so players who have the "loser" cloud over them can win a game and hopefully not let that dictate how their career is remembered.

Stafford/Carr "proven winners".....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can't take an article seriously that thinks Stafford and Carr are proven winners. If Carr continues to play the way he did, I will gladly eat my words. But Stafford has a horrible record against any kind of playoff team during the regular season/postseason.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-qb-tiers-from-franchise-guys-to-just-guys-where-your-likely-starter-ranks/

Thoughts.

Hopefully one day we get back to the playoffs so players who have the "loser" cloud over them can win a game and hopefully not let that dictate how their career is remembered.

I mean... duh, JJ.

Carr's Raiders have 1 winning season out of his 3. Their record is 22-26 since Carr came into the NFL.
Stafford's Lions have 3 winning seasons out of his 8. Their record is 56-72 since Stafford came into the NFL.

WINNING!

Honestly you should have known that the list was awful when Newton was in the top tier. 2016: 52.9% completion, 6.9 YPA, 75.8 QB Rating. Even his MVP season was hella weak compared to other recent MVP seasons.

Rapistburger is a good QB, but he's nowhere near the same tier as Brady and Brees.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I so thought this would be a uniform thread.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I so thought this would be a uniform thread.

No way, the uniform threads are always way earlier in the offseason. Before the scouting combine and all of that, but after the SB talk has died off. Now it's time for meaningless rankings and horribly inaccurate early pre-draft mocks. Come on Shake, act like you've been here before! Smirk

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No way, the uniform threads are always way earlier in the offseason. Before the scouting combine and all of that, but after the SB talk has died off. Now it's time for meaningless rankings and horribly inaccurate early pre-draft mocks. Come on Shake, act like you've been here before! Smirk

Man you are spot on with that order.  Mellow

Are we that predictable?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
To the OP, national media hasn't respected Dalton since he was drafted. I think his perception was sealed when he was drafted after AJ Green. Any success he's had is always credited to AJ Green, while he receives all the blame for disappointment. He literally can't win over the national media. Not without a title and good luck getting that wearing stripes.

The list itself is pretty typical. Calling Carr and Stafford proven winners was silly. Flacco and Smith being behind guys like Taylor and Tannehill is silly. Dalton is of course behind a lot of guys he's been much better than. Oh well. La Confora's opinionis no better than anyone else's.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man you are spot on with that order.  Mellow

Are we that predictable?

Hey, a more positive word for predictable could be reliable.

Lol... it's just the natural course of events. The mock drafts will start flooding in more as it creeps closer. Then the draft will happen and the vast majority will talk about how the Bengals got and A on their draft grades, so it must mean they had the best draft in eternity and all the players will end up being great, with extra love for some 3rd or 4th round pick who is seen as a super-value pick.

Then there will start being polls about which draft pick the Bengals took will have the biggest impact, while a small contingent of the forum will be hyping the ever-loving shit out of some 6th or 7th round player who will most likely never see the field, and some undrafted WR who will be on the PS for the next two seasons.

Then it'll be time for a bunch of camp threads about how much so-and-so worked out in the offseason, or how so-and-so is poised for a huge breakout season.

Next will be Preseason threads about how a 2nd stinger dominating versus a 3rd stringer means they're going to have a breakout season.

Finally season prediction and roster cut threads.

So it has been, and so shall it always be. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, a more positive word for predictable could be reliable.

Lol... it's just the natural course of events. The mock drafts will start flooding in more as it creeps closer. Then the draft will happen and the vast majority will talk about how the Bengals got and A on their draft grades, so it must mean they had the best draft in eternity and all the players will end up being great, with extra love for some 3rd or 4th round pick who is seen as a super-value pick.

Then there will start being polls about which draft pick the Bengals took will have the biggest impact, while a small contingent of the forum will be hyping the ever-loving shit out of some 6th or 7th round player who will most likely never see the field, and some undrafted WR who will be on the PS for the next two seasons.

Then it'll be time for a bunch of camp threads about how much so-and-so worked out in the offseason, or how so-and-so is poised for a huge breakout season.

Next will be Preseason threads about how a 2nd stinger dominating versus a 3rd stringer means they're going to have a breakout season.

Bashing ebenezer, marv and whatever coaches we aren't fond of is ALWAYS in season.  God love em.  
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-qb-tiers-from-franchise-guys-to-just-guys-where-your-likely-starter-ranks/

Thoughts.

Writer shows some obvious love for certain guys given his overvaluing of them.

The Tier 1 guys are all Super Bowl QBs. No Super Bowl means you cannot get into this guy's Tier 1.

Stafford and Romo is the Tier 2 is massive overrating.

Flacco takes a big fall.

Dalton clearly will never leave this guy's Tier 4 until we win in the playoffs. He didn't even offer a comment on his grade of Dalton, presumably implying everyone will agree with him.

Two QBs going into their second year are rated higher than Dalton, neither of which have won in the post season.

So basically I'm saying the guy is grading teams rather than QBs and he's biased at that.

Reply/Quote
His values on a lot of the Qbs on there are ludicrous but I don't see how he's so "far off" with Andy
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Meh, Dalton is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. It doesn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
So much love for Andy in this thread. lol Where's that shit at when he's singlehandedly keeping us in games in the regular season?

Seems to get a lot of shit in the game threads unless he plays lights out
Reply/Quote
I'm aghast  once again.  A pundit that doesn't think of OUR QB as the greatest QB since the introduction of the automatic bread slicer machine?  (That was in 1928 for the automatic bread slicer historical buffs out there.. I know..millions have been on the edge of their seats wondering about it. I mean, who wouldn't after all?)
We all know that Andy could single handedly throw a million touchdown passes to himself with absolutely no offensive line and nobody else to throw to, win the super bowl and sign with the Reds and throw 20 no hitters and win the world series and still never get any love from the pundit class .
Oh crap... I'm exaggerating again.. I just can't help it. 
You know what keeps me awake at night?  How anyone can actually take the pundits seriously when they're actually just professional get it wrongers.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 07:46 AM)Housh Wrote: So much love for Andy in this thread. lol Where's that shit at when he's singlehandedly keeping us in games in the regular season?

Seems to get a lot of shit in the game threads unless he plays lights out

It's sad that Matt Stafford is considered a "proven winner" just because he always puts up over 4000 yards. And the big reason for that is because their running game is abysmal and they have to throw it a ton in garbage time.
And for some reason Derek Carr is a "proven winner" but didn't surpass 4000 passing yards yet Dalton did. Granted Carr missed a game, but he would have needed about 300 yards to catch Dalton anyway, which was no guarantee. Carr did have a good TD-to-INT ratio and his team did go 12-4. But the Bengals went 12-4 in 2015 and Dalton had them at 10-2 before he went down.

It just doesn't make sense that Dalton's success in the passing game goes to AJ Green and Tyler Eifert yet the success for Matt Stafford stays with him even though he had Tate and MLJ, and Carr had Crabtree and Cooper.

IMO all of these players should be in the same tier. They all need weapons and none have won a playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Thoughts.

on a more fun note Ocho Cinco is playing football again (in mexico) and scoring TDs

Dalton has 1 losing season in 5 and isn't a proven winner?
Reply/Quote
Dalton certainly does not get the credit he deserves.

Hoping the O-line can keep him alive long enough to prove his doubters wrong one day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hard to take that seriously when Roethlisberger is a "star" when Matt Ryan just had a better year than Ben ever has.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 01:01 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: His values on a lot of the Qbs on there are ludicrous but I don't see how he's so "far off" with Andy

He has Dalton in the 18-21 range, behind the following QBs:

Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers (career worst season)
Stafford
Romo (retired)
Mariota
Winston
Luck ("rising star" really? He's going into year 6)
Carson Wentz 
Jimmy Garroppolo

He considers Cousins and Dalton to be equals with Tyrod Taylor and behind the guys I listed.

Cousins is another guy that can't buy respect. He just came a few yards shy of a 5000 yard season.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, a more positive word for predictable could be reliable.

Well done. ThumbsUp  You are absolutely right about all the draft hype. Personally I can't wait for the grasping at straws draft to be over.
Reply/Quote