Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 1990's Have Resurrected
For those of us that remember the 1990's Bengals team, this team looks awfully similar. In 1998 I went to a Tampa Bay game at Riverfront Stadium and the Bengals lost 44-0. I suggest the fans wear their 1990's clothes so the stadium has the same feeling. Heck for those of you that weren't born yet, you are getting a replay of the Bungels. This team may not win a game this year. The 90's had bad music too so please don't play it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I always get a kick out of the garbage bags over their heads. Someone had one that said “we’re back” LOL. Like everyone, I hate losing, but if we as fans continue to support that train wreck by going to the games, then it will never get any better
Reply/Quote
The 90's are very much back. We suck and the 49ers are undefeated...oh the good ol' days.
Reply/Quote
We will be having a 90s theme at our tailgate this week with Ickey Woods present to raise awareness for his sons Charity. if anyone is heading to the game please feel free to stop on by and say hi!

https://www.facebook.com/events/514531646067458/
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
4 Year fall from 8-0 to soon 0-8
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: We will be having a 90s theme at our tailgate this week with Ickey Woods present to raise awareness for his sons Charity.  if anyone is heading to the game please feel free to stop on by and say hi!

https://www.facebook.com/events/514531646067458/

Sounds like a good charity. I would wear my 90's clothes and fit the part if I was going to the game. Have a great tailgate.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
[Image: XNL7wowz_400x400.jpg]

[Image: 062510+paper+bag+head.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For those of us that remember the 1990's Bengals team, this team looks awfully similar. In 1998 I went to a Tampa Bay game at Riverfront Stadium and the Bengals lost 44-0. I suggest the fans wear their 1990's clothes so the stadium has the same feeling. Heck for those of you that weren't born yet, you are getting a replay of the Bungels. This team may not win a game this year. The 90's had bad music too so please don't play it.

Brought to mind a game against Jax that I attended.  Believe it was the last year of Riverfront (for the Bengals), and it was at Halloween.  They just got shellacked, losing by 30+ points.  At the end of the game, as the team was leaving the field, people began throwing things at them.  But I refused to do that, because I was in the upper deck and could not reach them with my arm.  Oh, and for other reasons, I guess.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 06:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: XNL7wowz_400x400.jpg]

Rumor is that he removed all of the letter Ms from their office keyboards.

Hue on the other hand left a furry Russian Hat in one of the training rooms.
[Image: th?id=OIP.4kqoxYbgBo9WI4EduNM69QHaF4&pid...=204&h=163]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Rumor is that he removed all of the letter Ms from their office keyboards.

Hue on the other hand left a furry Russian Hat in one of the training rooms.
[Image: th?id=OIP.4kqoxYbgBo9WI4EduNM69QHaF4&pid...=204&h=163]

Who can blame him?  It's a good look.

[Image: costanza.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Who can blame him?  It's a good look.

[Image: costanza.jpg]

Co--------stanza.  See the 90s really ARE back!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Couple of things.

The 90s is arguably the greatest decade of music spanning all the genres from grunge, pop, country, rap, alt, and rock.

Second, I wish we had Blake to Pickens to watch instead of Dalton to whomever for a 4 yard gain. At least they were entertaining going 8-8.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Second, I wish we had Blake to Pickens to watch instead of Dalton to whomever for a 4 yard gain. At least they were entertaining going 8-8.

Loved watching that rainbow pass of his, and Pickens pulling it down.  Weren't they the best QB-Receiver combo (in terms of TDs) over the course of two or three seasons?  They might have lost more than they won, but they were always entertaining.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Couple of things.

The 90s is arguably the greatest decade of music spanning all the genres from grunge, pop, country, rap, alt, and rock.

Second, I wish we had Blake to Pickens to watch instead of Dalton to whomever for a 4 yard gain. At least they were entertaining going 8-8.

Joe Mixon can't carry Corey's jock either....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My first hoodie said Esiason on it. The problem is we were winning back then, sometimes. I guess we need an Akili Smith jersey or something. Our last great QB was Jeff Blake (ahem, Carson).

Blake to Carl Pickens. Blake to Darnay Scott.

Carson to TJ, Carson to Chad. Those were the days, of something to watch, even though we were still losers.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 4 Year fall from 8-0 to soon 0-8

Since the 8-0 start to 2015 the Bengals are 23 - 39 - 1

Over the last 14 games, nearly a full season, we're 1 - 13 being outscored 377 to 244. We're averaging 17 points a game and giving up 27.

Quite a fall indeed.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Couple of things.

And then only if whomever can make a circus catch on a wildly inaccurate pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And then only if whomever can make a circus catch on a wildly inaccurate pass.

Yeah, that pro bowl where Dalton was in the accuracy contest was embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
I heard Housh on the radio the other day and he said he got his first significant playing time because they were so bad Darnay Scott faked an injury so he didn't have to play the rest of the game. Housh said Darnay asked him "do you want to play a bunch today?" Housh was like "of course" and Darnay said "I got you, the first play of the second half I'm gonna get hurt." Then he actually did it and faked an injury the first play.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For those of us that remember the 1990's Bengals team, this team looks awfully similar. In 1998 I went to a Tampa Bay game at Riverfront Stadium and the Bengals lost 44-0. I suggest the fans wear their 1990's clothes so the stadium has the same feeling. Heck for those of you that weren't born yet, you are getting a replay of the Bungels. This team may not win a game this year. The 90's had bad music too so please don't play it.

Coaches and Players come and go in the 30 years of no play-off wins and more 0-4 starts than any other NFL Team.   Paul Brown died and team went to hell after that.  Coaches and Players have came and went. One the one constant is the lawyer Mike Brown and Family.  When Paul Brown still very much alive around 1980, Bob Trumpy on radio said Paul Brown a Great Coach and Mike Brown a Great Lawyer.  Mike Brown already the reputation as tight with money.  So Paul Brown who was Great at Football died.  Then the Family of Lawyers took over and franchise has set all kinds of losing records.  

You are correct, they were called Bungles on ESPN by Berman and others.  Now that upsets some on here, maybe some think it is sexual as in England Fans, thinking it is not politically correct.   But Bungles means to Bungle, Bumble, Stumble, Fumble and that very much describes the many Bengals losing records they have set since Paul Brown died and team take over by a family of Lawyers, not Football People.  To Fumble, Stumble, Bumble, Bungle setting most years without play-off win, most 0-4 starts in NFL, the 2017 team set record for worst offense to start a season. Many record lows coming out of Mike Brown THE LAWYER.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote