Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2 long receptions by Watkins...
On the first one, it looked like he got away with a pushoff, but that might be a ticky-tacky call.

On the second one, where he eventually fumbled... he definitely pushed off, so he deserved to lose the fumble.

Reply/Quote
The Zebra crew seemed like they ignored several obvious calls yesterday. On the fumble play, I even muttered "he pushed off". It was sweet karma to see him fumble the ball away like he did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I get the calls that are minimal and could “just let the players play”. PI has to be fairly egregious before they call it. I’m OK with that.

But, I sit in Club seats and noticed what looked like Reader getting mauled out of bounds on the Ravens sideline. Crickets from the stripes….and they were there in the middle of it.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I've seen Chase do both of these things uncalled. He is framing his space more than pushing off. OPI has to be super duper blatant for it to be consistently called. In fact, I remember a play against the Chiefs that their fans screamed bloody murder about where Chase did some pushing and pulling on a defender right before the catch.

Let's not be like Chiefs fans.
Reply/Quote
The missed calls that were BAD were the three Personal Fouls (the hits on Boyd and Chase and the attack on Carman) and two Facemasks (Burrow and Hendrickson). Missing a PI unfortunately happens due to the vagueness of the rules but the stuff I mention is black and white player safety stuff - supposedly a priority for the officials.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Zebra crew seemed like they ignored several obvious calls yesterday. On the fumble play, I even muttered "he pushed off". It was sweet karma to see him fumble the ball away like he did.

Opposing coaches should tell their guys not to get caught fighting multiple Bengals for extra yards. Get what you can and go down. They must not have watched much tape on our D recently. They’re getting good at holding ball carriers up and attacking the ball with a gang of defenders. Couldn’t believe he was that stupid.

And yes, the refs were total garbage yesterday. It was embarrassingly bad for them. Makes you wonder how they could be so terrible….
Reply/Quote
The push off didn't bother me. Tee and Ja'Marr are pros at it, LoL. The missed PF penalties are another thing though. That was BS

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don’t really have an issue with those plays. Its the egregious PF calls that were conveniently missed. The extra bs on the opposing sideline. The launch at Chase in the EZ (that LB is going to be a problem for years to come, I can already see it). The no call on the obvious Burrow facemask that resulted in a strip sack. This all coming AFTER the coin flip trolling celebration makes one think. I don’t subscribe to any conspiracy theories but man the NFL sure isn’t making it easy!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Opposing coaches should tell their guys not to get caught fighting multiple Bengals for extra yards. Get what you can and go down. They must not have watched much tape on our D recently. They’re getting good at holding ball carriers up and attacking the ball with a gang of defenders. Couldn’t believe he was that stupid.

And yes, the refs were total garbage yesterday. It was embarrassingly bad for them. Makes you wonder how they could be so terrible….

Sssshhhhhh Cool
Reply/Quote