Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2 minutes before half and the 2nd half
I don't think I've quite seen a Bengals team like this before. .. The old Bengals lose to Jacksonville in that Thursday game. This team has no quit.. The adjustments have been amazing. The strong parts of this team have been the weak parts in the past.. I've never had this much confidence in a Bengals team. Not since 1988.. Even 2005, 2015 it didn't feel like it does now.. They never slammed a tip team in their home like Baltimore. That was literally the Ravens most lopsided loss in franchise history.. It's great to be a Bengals fan, they are only getting started...
Reply/Quote
As I stated in another thread, I don’t think these guys are fully clicking yet. They’re going to keep improving and that’s scary for the entire NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As I stated in another thread, I don’t think these guys are fully clicking yet. They’re going to keep improving and that’s scary for the entire NFL.

Agree 100% per there being so many new starters that are just now developing chemistry together. 

Which as you stated this is very scary knowing they just handed Lamar his first October loss ever in league and took GB to the wire. 

We are in the infancy of a 3 year window at a SB caliber team imo. 

But after Burrow and Chase "cash in" it will be much harder to build around them. 

Need to go hard this offseason at addressing what few needs we have and see what happens in next couple seasons.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:46 PM)Tony Wrote: The old Bengals lose to Jacksonville in that Thursday game...

Hell... the "Old Bengals" probably IMPLODE after the INT in the endzone only up 10, because it sparks a Ravens comeback!
The "NEW Bengals" shut down any thoughts of a comeback, real quick!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree 100% per there being so many new starters that are just now developing chemistry together. 

Which as you stated this is very scary knowing they just handed Lamar his first October loss ever in league and took GB to the wire. 

We are in the infancy of a 3 year window at a SB caliber team imo

But after Burrow and Chase "cash in" it will be much harder to build around them. 

Need to go hard this offseason at addressing what few needs we have and see what happens in next couple seasons.   

Yes

Reply/Quote
I understand why everyone is so happy right now, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

in 2015 through 7 games we were undefeated with the #3 scoring offense, the #7 scoring defense, and 3 wins against playoff teams.

This year we are 5-2 with only one win against a team with a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:46 PM)Tony Wrote:  The old Bengals lose to Jacksonville in that Thursday game. 

(10-25-2021, 08:22 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Hell... the "Old Bengals" probably IMPLODE after the INT in the endzone only up 10, because it sparks a Ravens comeback!
The "NEW Bengals" shut down any thoughts of a comeback, real quick!

Yep.  Taylor's teams from the '19 and '20 would have gotten blown out.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  Taylor's teams from the '19 and '20 would have gotten blown out.

I’ve never been more happier to have aged 2yrs even though gray hair comes along with it.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand why everyone is so happy right now, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

in 2015 through 7 games we were undefeated with the #3 scoring offense, the #7 scoring defense, and 3 wins against playoff teams.  

They eventually made it to 8-0
But even then... it felt like it was just a matter of time until they fell back to Earth.

This team just feels different.
I can't quite put my finger on it... Hell, maybe it's my imagination.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand why everyone is so happy right now, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

The '15 club would have likely secured a first round bye if Dalton hadn't been injured.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: The '15 club would have likely secured a first round bye if Dalton hadn't been injured.  

And he did it himself. Terrible pick from 2 yards away, then breaks himself and his MVP season on the tackle. It was a huge Bungle. The 05 team might have won it all, but an a-hole late hit by Kimo doomed them.
Reply/Quote
Last year we had a team with Burrow that had long extended drives that very few times ended in TDs. This time we have those drives that end in TDs, but we also have extremely quick scoring power. All 5 of our TD drives were in less than 5 play drives. That is insane.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:39 PM)Tomkat Wrote: They eventually made it to 8-0
But even then... it felt like it was just a matter of time until they fell back to Earth.

This team just feels different.
I can't quite put my finger on it... Hell, maybe it's my imagination.

No way,  that team was on and loaded both sides of the ball.. injury to Dalton did them in.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ...injury to Dalton did them in.. 

... and that's what I meant about that "feeling" in 2015 like it was too good to be true, like Dalton's injury (or something else) was inevitable.

Besides, did we ever TRULY TRUST that Dalton could win a Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:31 AM)Tomkat Wrote: ... and that's what I meant about that "feeling" in 2015 like it was too good to be true, like Dalton's injury (or something else) was inevitable.

Besides, did we ever TRULY TRUST that Dalton could win a Super Bowl?

, numerous avg to good QBs have won so yes .. Dalton was in his 5th year and on pace for a record breaking year like Burrow is now... That 2015 team was playing at the best level since Super Bowl team before his injury. This year is  a nice early run but no  way like the feeling in 2015 after 7 games
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As I stated in another thread, I don’t think these guys are fully clicking yet. They’re going to keep improving and that’s scary for the entire NFL.

That’s absolutely right. The play calling is still somewhat suspect and the offensive line, while greatly improved, still has a long way to go. On defense there are missed tackles here and there and the occasional tight end still goes uncovered.

These are easy problem to solve. Fundamentally, this is the most sound Bengals team I’ve seen since 2015. The blocking technique is better and the tackling technique is vastly improved. Only the Packers’ Randall Cobb and the Ravens’ Hollywood Brown have managed to get over the top of the secondary. That’s not too bad.

In my opinion the upcoming game against the Jets will be crucial. Will Cincinnati play down to the weaker opponent’s level or play just as hard as they did against Baltimore? I know Cleveland comes to town in two weeks but looking past the Jets to face the Browns would be extremely unwise.
Reply/Quote
I am very impressed at the OL improvement vs last year. Baltimore blitzed a lot and got one sack, but gave up 500+ yards of offense. They are coming together. We get our running game at full gear and we can compete. Our D is so solid too. You can just see the chemistry out there.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't think I've quite seen a Bengals team like this before. .. The old Bengals lose to Jacksonville in that Thursday game. This team has no quit.. The adjustments have been amazing.  The strong parts of this team have been the weak parts in the past.. I've never had this much confidence in a Bengals team. Not since 1988.. Even 2005, 2015 it didn't feel like it does now.. They never slammed a tip team in their home like Baltimore. That was literally the Ravens most lopsided loss in franchise history.. It's great to be a Bengals fan, they are only getting started...

Yeah, we are right there at the tops of the league in scoring points right before half and we score lots in the 2nd half too.

Want us to keep this up but just score more in the 1st. Think this will happen too as the season goes on.

What has been nice is our Defense plays so good early and keeps us in games early. Two way street. 

Also hope our 3rd phase improves on Returns. 

If this starts to improve on top of these things I don't know who I would be scared of. 

The way this team fights and has no quit in it is something I haven't seen like you said since I became a fan in 88'.
Reply/Quote
In 2015 we did not have one of the youngest rosters in the league. We are 5th youngest this season.
Reply/Quote

C’mon man,enjoy the ride,get on the bus!We’re going to the Super Bowl Man!
Reply/Quote