Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2 minutes before half and the 2nd half
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand why everyone is so happy right now, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

in 2015 through 7 games we were undefeated with the #3 scoring offense, the #7 scoring defense, and 3 wins against playoff teams.

This year we are 5-2 with only one win against a team with a winning record.

I think people were pretty hyped with the '15 team too, but more people are sold on this team because (a) Burrow is an elite QB and (b) they're proving themselves in prime-time, which is an area where Marv teams struggled.

As much as I liked that team and felt it was Marv's best chance to get that monkey off his back, there were always those doubts in the backs of most people's minds. I'm not as worried about this group. Zac doesn't have a playoff or prime-time monkey to dispose of. He beats the Steelers.

This team feels like it believes it's going to win championships. It felt like hollow talk with the 15 team. Not so now.

(10-25-2021, 08:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: The '15 club would have likely secured a first round bye if Dalton hadn't been injured.  

Agreed, and that could've changed a lot.

(10-26-2021, 09:31 AM)Tomkat Wrote: ... and that's what I meant about that "feeling" in 2015 like it was too good to be true, like Dalton's injury (or something else) was inevitable.

Besides, did we ever TRULY TRUST that Dalton could win a Super Bowl?

I didn't trust Marvin. So many players and QBs failed in the prime time and playoffs for him. Andy was just one of many.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:39 PM)Tomkat Wrote: They eventually made it to 8-0
But even then... it felt like it was just a matter of time until they fell back to Earth.

Yes, they fell back to earth - in the playoffs. That's when someone on the coaching staff had the bright idea of abandoning what got them into the playoffs in the first place.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: In 2015 we did not have one of the youngest rosters in the league. We are 5th youngest this season.

Plus they did not have nearly as many new components as this team does. 

All teams usually get better as the season progresses but this team has a lot more room for growth than most with so many new players and such young talent throughout.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand why everyone is so happy right now, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

in 2015 through 7 games we were undefeated with the #3 scoring offense, the #7 scoring defense, and 3 wins against playoff teams.  

This year we are 5-2 with only one win against a team with a winning record.

Grumpy grandpa walks into the room and yells at us cause we’re not allowed to have fun.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote