Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2 point conversion
With the 2 point conversion rate staying pretty consistent around 50% and the extra point kick falling to 94%, (for last year at least) what's your guys opinions on going for 2 instead of 1? Marvin doesn't strike me as a guy who's willing to take risks so I doubt we'll see the Bengals doing it but I could see it starting to become a little more commom for people to go for it after their first TD.
Reply/Quote
Bengals can't score in the redzone, and they usually pass on 3rd and 1s.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals can't score in the redzone, and they usually pass on 3rd and 1s.

Last year we were 6th in the league and we've been missing our best red zone target so far. How we've done in 2016 really doesn't have anything to do with my question though, I'm not talking about just this year, I'm talking about big picture. What do you see as the evolution of what happens after touchdowns? 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals can't score in the redzone, and they usually pass on 3rd and 1s.

/thread
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:16 PM)TGISunday Wrote: /thread

That's why I said "I doubt we'll see the Bengals so it"
Reply/Quote
Marvin is more of a risk taker than a lot of fans realize. He has a history of going for it on fourth down more than most other coaches in the league.

But the 2 point conversion is different. I think most teams have a small package of plays for the 2 point conversion and they want to save them for when they need them. Why show your trump card early in a game when it is meaningless?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin is more of a risk taker than a lot of fans realize.  He has a history of going for it on fourth down more than most other coaches in the league.

But the 2 point conversion is different.  I think most teams have a small package of plays for the 2 point conversion and they want to save them for when they need them.  Why show your trump card early in a game when it is meaningless?

Good point. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Do not see Bengals doing this or being first to ever do it for that matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote