Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 2005 Bengals
(05-12-2019, 09:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.  Not gonna argue with your points.  All valid. 

Bad ownership and lack of dipping into the FA pool are Mike Brown's jam.

However Marvin has got to own the bad stuff as well.

A better coach could have snuffed out some of that crap that was going on in that particular game.

From what the players were doing, how the game was managed, and having a legacy of passiveness towards poor officiating.

It all culminated into a full on shitnado.

[Image: tumblr_m5ofvjq6Eo1qzx0x7o1_500.png]

Marvin was complicit in it. His contract expired and he had the opportunity to leave and stayed...so yes he does need to own it because he had a choice.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Go on and on about teams that were willing to sign Pacman Jones specifically? Cedric Benson? Tank Johnson? Burfict? Chris Henry?

Those were the ones I was specifically referring to. What other teams were interested in those guys services? WHAT TEAMS were we bidding against?

Seems like the Raiders were interested in Burfict's services. Didn't Pacman Jones join the Broncos or somebody? It's easy to say "only the Bengals", but time and time again it's been proven that no, it's not only the Bengals. "But only the Bengals would have signed these guys when they signed them", you'll say, with absolutely no proof to back up said assertion. Come on, man.

What other teams do you think took Aaron Hernandez and his red flags off their draft boards? What other teams do you think were willing to sign Josh "I'm working on a record for drug suspensions" Gordon? Just the Patriots, supposed model organization.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Go on and on about teams that were willing to sign Pacman Jones specifically? Cedric Benson? Tank Johnson? Burfict? Chris Henry?

Those were the ones I was specifically referring to. What other teams were interested in those guys services? WHAT TEAMS were we bidding against?

How do you know no other teams were interested?  You don't have a clue.  

I have proven that teams sign troubled players all the time.  There is no reason to believe that other teams would not have signed those guys if we did not.

Jones and Burfict both signed with other teams after they left the Bengals.

Benson was cleared of all criminal charges BEFORE the Bengals signed him and he played with the Packers after he left.

As for Tank Johnson....https://www.bengals.com/news/reset-436271.....With the draft so close, it could impact what the Bengals do in free agency. Former Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson is still in the mix even though he left Thursday without a deal and is still talking to other teams.

You really need to stop just making up shit and acting like it is true. This is getting ridiculous.
Reply/Quote