Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2018 Dreaded Mock Draft
RD 1 RONNIE HARRISON/S/BAMA
[Image: 4487888.JPG]
Since we moved back in the draft we lose out on the 2 best prospects at safety. Luckily for us there is a 3rd impact safety in this draft and only one of the 3 has their dread game on lockdown. Ron has a terrific blend of size, speed, and cover skills. 

RD 2 GERON CHRISTIAN/OT/UL
[Image: s5-JDUaH_400x400.jpg]

Geron has the prototypical size for an OT and has experience on both sides. GC has more upside of any OT in the draft as he is still relatively new to the game. Draws comparisons to Duane Brown coming out of school, but he has one thing Brown did not. Krusty the Clown dreads.

RD 3 MALIK JEFFERSON/LB/UT
[Image: Jefferson-Texas-2-1.jpg]
Malik has the size the Bengal’s covet in a LB, but Malik has more the perfect size, he has the speed of a DB. Put Malik in a LB corps with Burfict and Brown and let the predator hunt.

RD 3 EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN/WR/ND
[Image: DJOy6qrWAAEAt6S.jpg]
ESB is a huge target standing 6’5” (6’8” counting dreads) with 33” arms and has 4.4 speed. The Bengal WR corps is deep, but none are equipped with team colored dreads.

RD 4 DESMOND HARRISON/OT/WGU
[Image: 030218_Takeaways_1.jpg]

If Des was a clean prospect with an additional 20 pounds of fat we’d be talking first round. But Des is far from clean and built more like a TE. Worse case he stays at his current size and is out goal line TE, best case, he adds 20 pounds of mass and challenges Glenn for LT spot in a couple years. In either case he has the dreads,

RD 5 PARRY NICKERSON/CB/TUL
[Image: Nickerson_Parry_Grambling17f.JPG]
In losing Adam Jones we love a CB with dreads, 4.3 speed, and ball hawking cover abilities. Where could we ever find another CB with all those traits? Tulane, that’s where.

RD 5 BO SCARBROUGH
[Image: 26_3893476.JPG]
With Mixon and Gio the Bengals have their workhorse and their change of pace back. What they don’t have is a bulldozer with world class dreads. We Bo is a bulldozer and more importantly; Bo knows dreads.

RD 5 PJ HALL/DT/SHS
[Image: usatsi_10554148.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
PJ is a poor man’s Geno Atkins with dreads. Just like Geno in college he lived in the opponent’s backfield. PJ finished his career with 86.5 TFL and 42 sacks. He also mimics Geno in the size and strength.

RD 7 BLAKE MACK/TE/ASU
[Image: 9Bul-6rP_400x400.jpg]

At this point in the draft you’re just throwing darts and you are looking for players that can do more than one thing. Blake is listed as TE, but most likely will never be on the LOS, He can be used as HB, slot WR, and ST ace. Regardless he’s taking his dreads with him on every play.

RD 7 TYRONE CROWDER/OG/CLEM
[Image: Crowder_Tyrone_camp_700.jpg]

A huge interior olineman with dreads

RD 7 PHILLIP LINSAY/ST/CU

[Image: phillip-lindsay.jpg?w=1500]
If Linsey makes a squad it’s going to be as a return man. Elusiveness and 4.3 speed helps. Phil usually lets the salad flow but he can dread it up to cut down on wind resistance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sad that C was not addressed, but it's incredibly difficult to find a prospect with dreads that has played or projected could play C in the NFL.
However, I was able to find one C prospect with baby dreads - Dejon Allen from Hawaii.
[Image: web1_20170823-WEB-ALLEN.jpg]
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/dejon-allen?id=2559974
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Makes me wanna get dreads now!! Can a 50ish white man be cool with dreads?
Reply/Quote
I would love to know how old Desmond Harrison is. As far as physical ability he is elite. He was in juco way back in like 2012. I keep wanting to mock him in the 3rd then its like well dude might be like 27-28 years old. I just havent been able to find it.

I saw a little bit on PJ Hall yesterday. Insane production. And insane pro day numbers. Think i saw 4.6 40 at 300lbs and damn near 40" vert. I was instantly thinking wtf go get that guy in the 3rd or 4th. Then watched the one game i was able to find and came away unimpressed.

Fan of Parry too. Not sure how his medicals checked out. And i wonder why he didnt do jump tests. Supposedly had an injury that almost cost him part of a leg
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 04:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Makes me wanna get dreads now!! Can a 50ish white man be cool with dreads?

Get you an auto tune machine and you could be a rapper.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 04:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Makes me wanna get dreads now!! Can a 50ish white man be cool with dreads?

No.  We would be castigated for appropriation of culture.  Let's leave the dreads to the guys who play well with them.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No.  We would be castigated for appropriation of culture.  Let's leave the dreads to the guys who play well with them.  ThumbsUp

Gotcha  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
And, if any dreaded members of the board wish to play fantasy baseball, there are still 5 slots to fill...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bfine is the dreaded talent level diminishing or getting stronger? Are these dreads college system dreads or can they dread pro style?
Reply/Quote
Excellent dreaded mock, my man!  Nice work outta you. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Always love the dread mock Bfine.  And you find some really interesting players.

Sorry no centers, but I am convinced in my heart that Price has stealth dreads!
Reply/Quote
Nice dreaded Mock Bfine, too bad there aren't many Centers with dreads...
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 01:49 PM)3wt Wrote: Always love the dread mock Bfine.  And you find some really interesting players.

Sorry no centers, but I am convinced in my heart that Price has stealth dreads!

It is amazing how much you find out about some of the "not usual suspects".  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is amazing how much you find out about some of the "not usual suspects".  

Yeah, if not for your dreaded mock I never would have known about Judon, or been crushed when he went to Baltimore.

It really opens of the draft for those of us who are just following the normal draft publications.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No.  We would be castigated for appropriation of culture.  Let's leave the dreads to the guys who play well with them.  ThumbsUp

You mean misappropriation of culture. LOL

It always helps if you LOOK good in dreads too.   My children would die an early death from embarrassment - just from me stumbling around the house.
Reply/Quote
Never dread the dreads

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote