Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 6.0- Worst Case Scenario Happened, but I think I salvaged it
Round 1 Pick 11: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston (A)

Ok, it is hardly a worst-case scenario when you get a talent like Ed Oliver, but I was really hoping for Taylor, the OT from Florida or White, the LB from LSU but I gladly take Oliver and put his next to Geno in "NASCAR" packages and rotate with Geno to keep constant pressure coming up the middle.  Might just bring a bit more out of Geno as well.  

Round 2 Pick 10: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (B-)

A behemoth of a man that is a bit raw in pass protection but has size and athleticism that is rare.  He will learn and develop behind Hart and possibly push for a starting role by the end of the season.  Controversial pick due to level of competition, but looked stellar against everything Auburn could throw at him.  Rose to the level of competition.  Hardly a finished project and some might refer to him as Margus Hunt on offense, but I like him.

Round 3 Pick 8: Mack Wilson, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A)

After losing out on White and Bush, I was thrilled to get the solid, three-down LB out of Alabama.  Doesn't do anything off the charts, but does everything well and has good size, speed, and instincts.  

Round 4 Pick 8: Darnell Savage, FS, Maryland (A+)

Ball-hawking, tough-tackling SS on a team devoid of talent around him.  If this kid played at OSU, he would have been a star.  

Round 5 Pick 11: Drew Sample, TE, Washington (A)

This is about the 3rd or 4th time I have taken Sample in mocks.  I guess I am the only one that sees his balance of good blocking skills and solid receiving skills as more important than a 4.5 forty-yard dash.  Very underrated player.

Round 6 Pick 10: Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson (A+)

Minimal opportunities but seized them when he had them.  Played his best in big moments, such as the National Championship, when Lawrence was suspended.  

Round 6 Pick 25: Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (A)

Like Sample, I have taken Fields a number of times in mocks.  There is no way with his athleticism he will slide this far.  Rare speed and ball skills.  He gets knocked for having to do very little with the pressure of his front four, but rarely if ever got beat and has closing speed like a cheetah.  Very high ceiling for this guy.  

Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio St. (A+)

Speed merchant that tore his pec at the combine and couldn't participate in drills.  The ultimate buy-low stock.  Was the state champ in the 600 meter dash.  A solid player at OSU with mercurial speed.  Good to push Dre and WJIII in practice.

Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): John Cominsky, DE, University of Charleston (A+)

Sam Hubbard 2.0:  Only difference is he played for a small school where everyone focused on him.  Hubbard had incredible talent around him.  Could be the next Michael Johnson that lines up at RDE (although is probably better suited to backup Dunalp at LDE) that rotates inside on passing downs.  Love this guy's motor.  

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Jazz Ferguson, WR, Northwestern State (A+)

Has the size, strength, and speed of an AJ Green, but very unpolished in his route running.  Basically a replacement for Malone if he continues to struggle.  

Round 7 Pick 9: Tony Pollard, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)

Interesting RB prospect with lots of tread left on his tire and great versatility as a receiving option.  Rex Burkhead 2.0

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would really like this draft. I don’t know much about savage. I doubt Wilson falls as far as 3, but possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Love first three picks. I could see Tytus falling to third and Mack going in 2nd. If you flipped these picks perhaps more realistic. Either way, wouldn’t that be grand! Would love to get an elite BPA game changer in first round. As you said Sheffield would be a steal IMO that late in the draft. Love his big time game experience and speed. Perhaps develop into a starter at some point. Until then he’d be a good back up that if pressed into action the game wouldn’t be too big for him.
Reply/Quote
Very nice Mock, anything can happen in the Draft. Who knows if it could play out like this. Oliver could fall you never know. This is a bit like mine as i have Howard in the 2nd also as he seems to be flying up the boards. Getting Wilson in the 3rd i think would be a steal. Love your 6th round and the Pollard pick as well. Good job SHRacer.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very nice Mock, anything can happen in the Draft. Who knows if it could play out like this. Oliver could fall you never know. This is a bit like mine as i have Howard in the 2nd also as he seems to be flying up the boards. Getting Wilson in the 3rd i think would be a steal. Love your 6th round and the Pollard pick as well. Good job SHRacer.

Thanks, Nate.  I keep saying "he won't be there", but with all of our extra 6th rounders, there may be a few of these gems available.  

Three guys that I really like that have almost always been there around our 5th and 6th round selections are Sample,  Fields, and Cominsky.

Sample has a very good chance of being there in the 6th because no one was going to fall in love with his combine and he didn't put up gaudy stats in college, but he is exactly what the Bengals need.  An excellent blocker that is still a capable receiver instead of always trying to get a receiver to be a better blocker.  

Fields, the CB, and Cominsky, the DE, might go a bit higher because of their combines.  Ditto Sheffield, from OSU.

One position a lot of us seem content with is SS and that is why I really like Savage.  He is a perfect match to Bates in the FS.  I hope he is there in Rd 4 and they snag him. 

Of course, those later round picks are going to depend a lot on what falls to them early in the draft.  I keep coming back to the LB position and can't see many scenarios where the Bengals don't take one at #11.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, Nate.  I keep saying "he won't be there", but with all of our extra 6th rounders, there may be a few of these gems available.  

Three guys that I really like that have almost always been there around our 5th and 6th round selections are Sample,  Fields, and Cominsky.

Sample has a very good chance of being there in the 6th because no one was going to fall in love with his combine and he didn't put up gaudy stats in college, but he is exactly what the Bengals need.  An excellent blocker that is still a capable receiver instead of always trying to get a receiver to be a better blocker.  

Fields, the CB, and Cominsky, the DE, might go a bit higher because of their combines.  Ditto Sheffield, from OSU.

One position a lot of us seem content with is SS and that is why I really like Savage.  He is a perfect match to Bates in the FS.  I hope he is there in Rd 4 and they snag him. 

Of course, those later round picks are going to depend a lot on what falls to them early in the draft.  I keep coming back to the LB position and can't see many scenarios where the Bengals don't take one at #11.  

Yes, watched Sample the last couple of years a few times and he impressed me, dude is strong, a very good blocker with good hands.

Just what we need and i guess it about time to have some more insurance in case Shawn goes in a couple years. Overall i thought he played pretty damn good last year next to Bates but this Savage guy in the 4th sounds like a good one. I have Fields in my Mock now that i know we have five 6th round picks...
Reply/Quote
I wonder how far Sheffield is going to fall after that injury. I think someone will take a shot at him in a higher round.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Love this draft
Reply/Quote