Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 2nd GOP Debate
I watched the debate last night and had a difficult time listening to most of it. There was so much bickering and cheap shots and overtalking the moderators I was truly getting frustrated. I've been a fan of Nikki Haley because she makes sense and is for real, but even she started taking cheap shots which deflated me.

Ramaswamy was all over the place and his inexperience showed. Ron Desantis was much better this time around and I think if I was keeping score, he probably won last night. Chris Christie makes sense, but for some reason the bridge thing stays with me. Tim Scott kept sounding like a preacher, Mike Pence kept reminding me of Brian Lewis on the movie "Head of State," Who knows, maybe he's Larry Birds cousin? Then there's Doug Burgam from N.D, well, I just don't know about this guy. He sounds more like an independent (which I'm not saying is wrong).

Then there's TRUMP! I know he thinks he doesn't need to be there, but they attacked him freely (not Ace Frehley) last night. I think he needs to be at the debate. He has a lot of questions to answer about things he didn't do that he promised people, which got him elected.

Those are my thoughts. I'm curious what most of you think?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just couldn’t watch it. It was a shit show.

They need to adopt the Around The Horn format where the moderator can just mute people that are spewing nonsense.

I really wanted to hear what a couple candidates had to say but it was like listening to school children bicker.

Embarrassing showing from Republicans, again
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: They need to adopt the Around The Horn format where the moderator can just mute people that are spewing nonsense.

They threatened to cut off the mic on someone, cant remember who? Anyway, I agree. You want to be POTUS, but you can't seem to conquer the playground. They need to do better.

Reply/Quote
I didn't watch this time, but I'll admit I do allow myself to be charmed by self-aware blue state republican d bags like Chris Christie.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Then there's TRUMP! I know he thinks he doesn't need to be there, but they attacked him freely (not Ace Frehley) last night. I think he needs to be at the debate. He has a lot of questions to answer about things he didn't do that he promised people, which got him elected.

Really? Well then. I did not watch the debate, so of course I speak to the topic. I feel Trump did the right thing, there's nothing to gain for him and nothing to lose from staying away. These debates are shitshows and they are shitshows by design. I don't even blame the candidates. They are put up against a bunch of other people, all full of adrenaline, trying to get attention in the crowded arena, and in the end the person who had the cheapest shot is the one people actually remember. Just a charade.

Why would Trump need to attend that when he's leading all those people by a mile. If you miss his answers, I give it to you on any topic. I did everything great, oh, so great, I did such a good job, in fact people called me with tears in their eyes and said Mr president you are the greatest president except maybe for Lincoln because he was just such a great president but Sir, you are the greatest president and here it comes, ready? People have no idea what good of a job Trump did. But we do get treated so unfairly, they are coming after me, which means they are coming after you, Antifa and carnage and Biden rigging an election and taking in billions from our enemies, excuse me, that is horrible, horrible, and I get asked about things where I did everything so perfectly, but I understand why you ask that, I understand, but it's a shame for this country really. No, I am not gonna give you another question.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Then there's TRUMP! I know he thinks he doesn't need to be there, but they attacked him freely (not Ace Frehley) last night. I think he needs to be at the debate. He has a lot of questions to answer about things he didn't do that he promised people, which got him elected.

Hilarious 
Ducked the debate. Has a rally to support union workers at a non-union plant, with frauds like him holding signs pretending to be what they are not, and tells the union workers they will all be out of business their fight for fair pay is worthless...
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-accused-filling-auto-rally-non-union-crowd-1830520

sad. I mean wtf?
Reply/Quote
The debate was terrible. Still waiting on the questions from the moderators to be answered.
Reply/Quote
Way too much trying to talk over each other.
Reply/Quote
They need to mute the mics when they give the floor to one person. That would keep things under control without turning it into the Dozens. It would give everyone an objectively fair chance to make their statement.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Can't blame the rest of the GOP field for being abrasive when that's what the voters want, at least for the time being.
Reply/Quote
Same s*** different day

The real question is why did anyone expect it to be anything else but a clown show?

Vivek’s real problem isn’t his inexperience, it is his lack of core values to base his crazy ideas on.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It was the Great American Farting in a Hurricane competition and the hurricane washed out to sea. None of them are even remotely willing or capable of taking off the gloves to take on the shitting elephant in the room, but instead languished in the elephant shit. That's an automatic disqualification for them all. They don't deserve to hold public office anywhere much less the presidency of the United States. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Party of shit bags put shit bags on stage; surprised when they act like shit bags.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
It's just the standard set by Trump in 2016.

Until the party moves on from Trump, expect more of the same from the GOP.
Reply/Quote
Aren't Newsome and DeSantis supposed to debate this weekend on Fox or some such?
Reply/Quote