Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 3rd and 4th Seed in the AFC Are Beatable
I realize there is an extremely low probability of making the playoffs...but if we could somehow squeak in with 7 or 8 games, either the Jaguars/Titans or Chiefs are very beatable.

Of course, I've felt that San Diego was custom made for us to get a playoff win a few years ago especially after we beat them away and we found a way to win.

To be clear, I'm not expecting to make the playoffs...but IF we did somehow find a way to squeak in, I think we'd have a punchers chance of a win.

Right now we sit at 8th tied with the Chargers. The Bills and Ravens are above us at 6-5 and 5-5.
Reply/Quote
We do need a miracle to get in but I suppose it's possible. First thing of course is we have to beat Pittsburgh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It all starts with steelers game.

It is not a must win, but really it is.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 08:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It all starts with steelers game.

Well...we need to beat the Bears and Ravens...then take 1 of 3 from the Steelers, Lions, or Vikings to even have a chance. That would make us 8-8. That would also be a 5-2 finish.

We could theoretically lose any of those 5 though too. Although, the Bears look really bad.

At the end, not holding on to the Packers game and losing to the Texans really killed us. Win 1 or 2 of those and we're 6-5 or 7-4 right now.
Reply/Quote
ohhhhh Bungles fans.......

Prolly the worst O-line ever assembled in the pros, and a coach that is 0-7 all time in the playoffs, along with a QB that is 0-4 in the playoffs!! Facepalm

When will we learn....lord please put this team out of its misery!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 10:58 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: ohhhhh Bungles fans.......

Prolly the worst O-line ever assembled in the pros, and a coach that is 0-7 all time in the playoffs, along with a QB that is 0-4 in the playoffs!! Facepalm

When will we learn....lord please put this team out of its misery!

Oh I don't harbor any illusions of winning...I'm just saying that IF we get in at 7-9, we have a punchers chance as the AFC is really weak outside of the Patriots and Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh I don't harbor any illusions of winning...I'm just saying that IF we get in at 7-9, we have a punchers chance as the AFC is really weak outside of the Patriots and Steelers.

Ramsey vs Green II

Might need to replace the refs with some UFC officials.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh I don't harbor any illusions of winning...I'm just saying that IF we get in at 7-9, we have a punchers chance as the AFC is really weak outside of the Patriots and Steelers.

Steelers sometimes have really big stinker games... Just like the one tonight against GB, or the ones against the Jags and Bears. Hopefully they have another one next week and drop to 8-4! Then drop one to the Patriots and maybe even the Ravens.... I would laugh my ass off if we somehow won the division by winning out and the Steelers lose those games. (Obviously I don't think that will happen)
Reply/Quote
Here it goes
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 08:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It all starts with steelers game.

Its a must win in the psyche dept. Almost every year of the Marvin era, we have talked about how big of a game the Steelers is and they usually beat us down and tell us to go away. It kind of reminds me of the Ohio State/ Michigan "rivalry". 
A whole bunch of hype for such a predictable outcome. 

Just one time I would love to smack these bastards in the mouth and not quit smacking until the game is over. Just one damn time Marvin! You hear me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'd say that the odds of getting to the playoffs is better than the odds of beating the Steelers next week. That's sad to say but they laugh at the Bengals, it sure as heck isn't a rivalry. We're another Brown's game to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Here it goes

All Aboard!!!!!!  The Kool-Aid Express is about to leave the station.

If we beat the team who wears the black and piss I will be the conductor.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Steelers ARE better than us, but they damn sure outperform us in head to head games. The latest exception was the playoff game, almost. We saved our greatest underperformance in that game until after we took the lead and Jeremy Hill's mistake gave the Steelers the ball back after Burfict had picked Big Ben.

This year I thought we played pretty well until our total collapse in the 2nd half. To win Monday night, we're going to need to play 4 quarters of really good football. No mistakes. Take what they give us. Lazor's learning how to work with what he has with this OLine. Andy still has to deal with pressure, but Lazor's figuring out ways to exploit the heavy rush with the quick dump offs to Mixon. Beating Pittsburgh might give us the momentum to go on a nice little run of wins, but it won't be easy beating them or the Vikings.

Winning out is a pretty low probability. If we revert back to how we played against the Colts, Jags, and Titans, I think you can "kiss the baby" on making the playoffs. But the offense looked better today. There's a chance we can build on today and get better next week.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Honestly if someone made me bet on the game I'd bet on the Steelers at this point. Even in beating the Browns we didn't look that great. I hope the team proves me wrong.

I suppose we could lose to the Steelers and still make the playoffs at 9-7. But against Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and Baltimore I think 2-2 is probably the best we'll manage. Actually it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that we've just won our last game of the year. Again I hope I'm wrong but nothing I'm seeing makes me confident that we can beat a good team or even a bad team having a good day. Likely we go 6-10 and this is Marvin's last year.

Reply/Quote
The one and two seeds (NE, PIT) are double digit favorites so even if by the luck of god we made the playoffs which isn’t going to happen but if it did and we pulled a first round W out of our ass then Marvin gets an extension despite getting beat by 40 in the divisional round i might have to burn down PBS
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Winning in Denver (even though they suck this year) was a huge psychological lift for the whole team and it wore the defense out. That seemed to carry over to this week because the Browns were able to make some big plays.

An extra day of rest and preparation might really help the Bengals against the Steelers, who almost got beat at home by a backup QB yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...we need to beat the Bears and Ravens...then take 1 of 3 from the Steelers, Lions, or Vikings to even have a chance. That would make us 8-8. That would also be a 5-2 finish.

We could theoretically lose any of those 5 though too. Although, the Bears look really bad.

At the end, not holding on to the Packers game and losing to the Texans really killed us. Win 1 or 2 of those and we're 6-5 or 7-4 right now.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.....Beat Steelers on Monday Night in THE JUNGLE....If Bengals can beat a top team like Steelers AND win in Prime Time they are playing good football again......and good football is what we need to get Dorothy and Toto past the Lions and Vikings and Bears, OH MY !!!!......and Ravens as we can laugh at the 2017 Bengals Nevermore, quote the Raven.

If we beat Steelers we are 6-6 and if we can beat the Steelers, this team has improved and can beat anybody and I like our chances. 

If we lose to Steelers we are 5-7, 2-3 in AFC North, and in AFC are 5-6 and that's too many in conference losses, and our chances stink at 5-7. 

SO BEAT THE STEELERS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Oh C'mon..just chip in a buy me some fishing gear for next week and we'll win.. And I don't even really like fishing all that much, but it's how we pull off big upsets.. Haven't you guys learned anything yet? lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote