Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
The 49er fumble and the reffs
The reffs were atrocious yesterday.. At the end of the 4th quarter yesterday a 49er receiver caught a pass, took 2 steps and turned up field and fumbled. Taylor even called a timeout to get a review because it was under 2 minutes.They never did.. Then, you have the bullshit taunting penalty on Bell for pointing and it wasn't even a taunt the guy patted him on the arm.. The niners helmet to helmet Chase no flag. Taunted Mixon twice, worst than the bell taunt and nothing. It's obvious what was going on yesterday.. That was a fumble, IDC what anyone says. Chase still saying that was a catch and TD .. He should've had 3... Total bullshit officiating yesterday...
Reply/Quote
Yep.

I wish there was some kind of IAB for referees. So many refs would be fired if there was accountability for bad calls.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yep.

I wish there was some kind of IAB for referees. So many refs would be fired if there was accountability for bad calls.

It was bad yesterday. They needed the reffs, all our mistakes, and we still shoulda won , but Zac, not gonna get into him here though.  This is about the shitty Reffs..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:31 PM)Tony Wrote: The reffs were atrocious yesterday.. At the end of the 4th quarter yesterday a 49er receiver caught a pass, took 2 steps and turned up field and fumbled. Taylor even called a timeout to get a review because it was under 2 minutes.They never did.. Then, you have the bullshit taunting penalty on Bell for pointing and it wasn't even a taunt the guy patted him on the arm.. The niners helmet to helmet Chase no flag. Taunted Mixon twice, worst than the bell taunt and nothing. It's obvious what was going on yesterday.. That was a fumble, IDC what anyone says. Chase still saying that was a catch and TD .. He should've had 3... Total bullshit officiating yesterday...

he has to SECURE the ball then take 2 steps and make a football move which did not occur.

Bell is a grown man and should know better than to taunt this late in the season... Thats on Bell. not the refs
Reply/Quote
We should have had another fumble in the first quarter when the 49ers were at their 30 yard line as well. We stripped the ball and recovered but the refs quick whistled it and called the play dead. That was a joke.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he has to SECURE the ball then take 2 steps and make a football move which did not occur.

Bell is a grown man and should know better than to taunt this late in the season... Thats on Bell. not the refs

My issue with the taunting is that it didnt seem to go both ways yesterday. If you're going to call taunting, call it on both teams accordingly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he has to SECURE the ball then take 2 steps and make a football move which did not occur.

It 100% occured..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My issue with the taunting is that it didnt seem to go both ways yesterday. If you're going to call taunting, call it on both teams accordingly. 

That's what I'm saying, And I have seen way worst not called. It's because the niners are a league favorite. We all know it. That was a fumble too. Idc what anyone says. They are even saying it in the media today.. They are screaming about the stupid taunt too. That's why I came and posted about it. Just another rule for the reffs to control the game. It's a violent sport, of course there is gonna be emotions. Idiot's and there dumbass rules..
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought that Bell was pointing at one of his own guys rather than taunting someone. Kind of like when someone makes a good play and you point at them. Bell didn't do anything on that play to cause the incomplete pass, so he had no reason to taunt anyone. I really thought he was pointing to one of the defensive linemen since they got a ton of pressure on Garaffalo on that play.

But that's just how it looked to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Y'all sound like Browns fans.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We should have had another fumble in the first quarter when the 49ers were at their 30 yard line as well. We stripped the ball and recovered but the refs quick whistled it and called the play dead. That was a joke.

I forgot about that 1.. I hate to blame the reffs, even the Bengals podcasts were all doing it and they never do that... It was obvious bias yesterday. I feel bad for Burrow.. Zac and the officials took his gutsy , amazing performance away.  We are gonna gonna lose this kid when he becomes a FA. I wouldn't blame him for leaving either..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:31 PM)Tony Wrote: The reffs were atrocious yesterday.. At the end of the 4th quarter yesterday a 49er receiver caught a pass, took 2 steps and turned up field and fumbled. Taylor even called a timeout to get a review because it was under 2 minutes.They never did.. Then, you have the bullshit taunting penalty on Bell for pointing and it wasn't even a taunt the guy patted him on the arm.. The niners helmet to helmet Chase no flag. Taunted Mixon twice, worst than the bell taunt and nothing. It's obvious what was going on yesterday.. That was a fumble, IDC what anyone says. Chase still saying that was a catch and TD .. He should've had 3... Total bullshit officiating yesterday...

Go back to bed Tony. You're still drunk.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Go back to bed Tony. You're still drunk.

I Don't drink ....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:46 PM)Earendil Wrote: I honestly thought that Bell was pointing at one of his own guys rather than taunting someone. Kind of like when someone makes a good play and you point at them.  Bell didn't do anything on that play to cause the incomplete pass, so he had no reason to taunt anyone. I really thought he was pointing to one of the defensive linemen since they got a ton of pressure on Garaffalo on that play.

But that's just how it looked to me.
He was, that's why the 49er o lineman grabbed his arm because he almost ran into him. The 49er guy didn't even react to it..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:50 PM)Tony Wrote:   I Don't drink ....

Explain this thread, then.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We should have had another fumble in the first quarter when the 49ers were at their 30 yard line as well. We stripped the ball and recovered but the refs quick whistled it and called the play dead. That was a joke.

That made me angrier. I can understand the bang-bang nature of the second call, but man that first one was super frustrating. A fumble happening a split second after the whistle hurts. 
Reply/Quote
Taunting is a BS rule and hopefully they get rid of it next season.

Like it or not though it is a rule and just cause they missed some else doing doesn't mean Bell didn't do it so as much as it sucks it was the right call.

As for the fumble. Again it was called properly according to the rule and the rule is broken. Despite not taking a full 2 steps or whatever a football move is. But anyone with eyes could see he had that ball secure and if it doesn't get knocked out he's caught it.

The rules are broken but they were applied correctly in both cases.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it was a catch. I think Bells by the rule was taunting (stupid rule), however the 49ers flexed towards our bench and flexed and ran into Mixon, and it wasn’t called. If you’re going to call it, call it consistently.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That made me angrier. I can understand the bang-bang nature of the second call, but man that first one was super frustrating. A fumble happening a split second after the whistle hurts. 

The NFL has been calling plays dead waaaay quicker this year than in the past. I get they are trying to take away putting players on the ground but it's really taking away from things. It's almost become touch football. 
Reply/Quote

Do you mean that play where the ball carrier was clearly down? or the one where they were blowing the whistle because the player's forward process was clearly stopped as the Bengals had pushed him 5 yards backwards?

neither play was a fumble

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote