Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
The 49er fumble and the reffs
(12-13-2021, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sitting here watching the replay in slow motion over and over. It was not a catch. No matter how much I wanted him to secure the ball and take two steps, there is only one. Incomplete pass....

I see a catch, turn up field and 2 steps when I watch it. It gets knocked out as the 2nd foot comes down.. Agree to disagree.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Tony Wrote: I see a catch, turn up field and 2 steps when I watch it. It gets knocked out as the 2nd foot comes down..

It's out before the 2nd foot touches. I want to see a catch there, I just don't.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's out before the 2nd foot touches. I want to see a catch there, I just don't.

I can't find the replay... I'm just going off what I remember from yesterday.  It was close either way.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:52 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't find the replay... I'm just going off what I remember from yesterday.  It was close either way.. 

It was, it was very close.
Reply/Quote
According to Dj Reader, Bell was talking to Alex Mack.  All he said was "You almost hit me"

https://twitter.com/Djread98/status/1470212018024157189

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:52 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't find the replay... I'm just going off what I remember from yesterday.  It was close either way.. 

it was close and it was called incomplete on the field.  No one saw enough to challenge the call.  Zac even called a timeout to give the booth more time to look at it.  It was so close it would not have been overturned.  It wasn't a call of bad reffing.  It was a close call because it was a close call and calls like that happen in every game.  It could have easily gone either direction and whatever call was made would likely have stood.  Unfortunately it went in the direction we didn't like but that doesn't mean it was a bad call in the first place

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote: it was close and it was called incomplete on the field.  No one saw enough to challenge the call.  Zac even called a timeout to give the booth more time to look at it.  It was so close it would not have been overturned.  It wasn't a call of bad reffing.  It was a close call because it was a close call and calls like that happen in every game.  It could have easily gone either direction and whatever call was made would likely have stood.  Unfortunately it went in the direction we didn't like but that doesn't mean it was a bad call in the first place

It was close enough too review 100%...They didn't.. Pure Bias... I bet if it was the other way, it gets reviewed 100% and overturned. We have all seen it happen.. Even when the TV Reff doesn't agree when they ask him his input...
Reply/Quote
All the calls were close and I'd have to side with the officials. I don't think the receiver had the ball long enough and I don't think Chase controlled the ball when he hit the ground. The only thing I thought was BS was the taunting penalty. I didn't think it was a taunt when I watched it live as Bell pointed at him as he was approaching him and not as he was going by or in his face or anything. But if your gonna call that you have to call them for taunting Mixon. The taunting rule should be for egregious violations. Standing over a guy flexing getting right up in a guys face and gesturing etc. But officials are to dumb to figure that out
Reply/Quote
Sorry, the fumble and incomplete calls were correct. I don't disagree that there's bias in officiating. The taunting penalty was correct by the stupid rule emphasis but may not have been called if it had gone the other way.

When you hand the other team 10 points and still take it to OT and lose, it's just dumb to blame officiating.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:54 PM)Tony Wrote: It was close enough too review 100%...They didn't.. Pure Bias... I bet if it was the other way, it gets reviewed 100% and overturned. We have all seen it happen.. Even when the TV Reff doesn't agree when they ask him his input...

In the final 2 minutes, all reviews come from the booth.  They had time to take a look, Zac even called a time out to give them more time,  w/o calling down to the field.  I'll bet you they looked at it several times and saw nothing that could overturn the call on the field

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he has to SECURE the ball then take 2 steps and make a football move which did not occur.

Bell is a grown man and should know better than to taunt this late in the season... Thats on Bell. not the refs

Agree, they have been calling anything pointed at the opposite team. On when I forget the game but a defender made a great tackle when he got up and flexed it was towards the other teams bench. Flag.  I am sure the player had no idea where he was facing. Just celebrating a good play.  So going right to a players face and pointing going to get a flag.  This play really hurt us.
Reply/Quote
I thought the taunting call was correct and pretty stupid of Bell to do in real time.

Now going back to watch this...  I don't think he was taunting, otherwise he would've done it directly to one of the WRs on the play.

Not some offensive lineman further away from it running to sidelines.

Unfortunately, the game is played in real-time and Bell was still stupid for pointing at anyone in front of a ref.

I really hate these taunting calls but it's the new and improved NFL. Rolleyes
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he has to SECURE the ball then take 2 steps and make a football move which did not occur.

Bell is a grown man and should know better than to taunt this late in the season... Thats on Bell. not the refs

Yep and why would anybody taunt anybody the way Kittle was abusing him all day long. 

Really like Bell, but WTH. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The refs were bad but Phillips was much worse.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Taunting should be allowed, we the fans control who gets paid what, we want to see taunts.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep and why would anybody taunt anybody the way Kittle was abusing him all day long. 

Really like Bell, but WTH. 

He really wasn't taunting him. They even said on Sirius today that Bell and the player he pointed to were just having a good time laughing. I believe the word they used for that call was "STUPID"
Reply/Quote
I think the entire implementation of the taunting penalties is ridiculous. The league has encouraged/allowed over the top celebrations in the end zone for years now. They've been loosening up policing celebrations and trying to look less like an uptight, out of touch outfit.

Allowing anything other than extreme forms of taunting toactually impact games is damaging to the integrity of the sport. It may not be the legalized violence that it once was, but it's still a violent sport. Players will get emotional and demonstrative form time to time. Actual outcomes should not hinge on dumb ticky-tack shit like that.

The worst thing is the subjectivity of it. there's no way to set a standard about where a line is crossed. Officials have yet another means to make a major impact on the flow of play based on their personal perception and not a lot else. It's like the holding penalties. They could call it a lot more if they were overly strict, but no one knows when they'll get the Jesus in them and decide to lay down the law and negate a critical event in the game.

I really, really hate the entire concept of it.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Taunting should be allowed, we the fans control who gets paid what, we want to see taunts.

id rather see professionals acting professional and not taunting when they make 1 good play while the team is being destroyed... thats not professional thats being a clown
Reply/Quote

It was not taunting.  Bell was joking with the dude.  The ref was right there and look at the stare down to Bell when he threw the flag.  If they call this, then they have to call at least the standing over/getting in Mixon's face.  There is just no consistency and they Bengals always seem to be on the wrong end of it.

Go look at Reader's response to the taunt.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:50 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: It was not taunting.  Bell was joking with the dude.  The ref was right there and look at the stare down to Bell when he threw the flag.  If they call this, then they have to call at least the standing over/getting in Mixon's face.  There is just no consistency and they Bengals always seem to be on the wrong end of it.

Go look at Reader's response to the taunt.

dont leave anything out there that can look like taunting i dont care what he was saying or doing.... It got called so he needs to be smarter.

Its not been a big issue for the bengals as we are one of the least penalized teams this year.
Reply/Quote