Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The 49ers got away with some crap thanks to the refs
One more thing I would like to point out is the 49ers got away with a taunting penalty which was absolutely garbage when they called the one of Bell. Also that fumble that was caked an incomplete pass was definitely a fumble, the player made a football move....Very frustrating stuff to add to the loss
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:03 AM)Trademark Wrote: One more thing I would like to point out is the 49ers got away with a taunting penalty which was absolutely garbage when they called the one of Bell. Also that fumble that was caked an incomplete pass was definitely a fumble, the player made a football move....Very frustrating stuff to add to the loss

Nah that was incomplete The 49er didnt put his finger in his grill like Bell did. They were allowing pass interference on both sides it was a well officiated game. Officials werent the reason only loss I put on the officials is Jets game.
Reply/Quote
The no call on the fumble was ridiculous. And yes Kittle's taunting right in front of the ref was an egregious no call.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m convinced the introduction of the “football move” concept was just so refs had the ability to decide fumbles. Because what REALLY is a football move? The official definition is…

“A football move is any action after the catch that transitions the receiver to a runner. For example, If a receiver tucks the ball and begins to turn up field it's a football move. If they attempt to stiff arm someone after making the catch it's a football move. If they attempt to dodge a tackle it's a football move.“

So when the 49er caught the ball and turned his body to attempt to become a runner that was a catch and a fumble. The refs know that was a catch and a football move. They simply wanted to reward the 49ers. He caught it, had it secure and got 2 feet down. He then turned in an effort to become a runner thus performing a “football move”.

My issue with adding so many rules and terminology to football is it’s clearly so refs can decide how they want plays to go. They essentially rewarded the WR for being ass. That’s not football.

The taunting calls are also just there so refs can have control. Taunting was not ruining the gameplay of the sport. It wasn’t negatively affecting anything. There weren’t a massive amounts of fights because players were taunting. The NFL’s refs have probably been asking for years for the power to flag taunting and Godell finally gave it to them. The definition of taunting is….

“Taunting is when a player commits flagrant acts or remarks to, mock, bait, or embarrass an opponent." This includes acts such as spiking a football near an opponent after a touchdown, shoving the ball at an opponent, or pointing at an opponent”.

This definition contradicts itself. It says FLAGRANT ACTS. But then proceeds to list examples that aren’t flagrant. Pointing at a CB you just put the moves on and saying he can’t guard you isn’t FLAGRANT. Now pointing at a guy and saying “suck my meat” is absolutely flagrant. But they ALREADY had rules to keep that stuff out the game and it’s called unsportsmanlike conduct.

I just think these rules are made to help refs control games because like it or not the NFL controls these games. That missed PI against the Rams years ago was the NFL telling each and every one of us to go f*** ourselves.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:03 AM)Trademark Wrote: One more thing I would like to point out is the 49ers got away with a taunting penalty which was absolutely garbage when they called the one of Bell. Also that fumble that was caked an incomplete pass was definitely a fumble, the player made a football move....Very frustrating stuff to add to the loss

dude his feet werent even on the ground to make 2 steps let along a football move.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude his feet werent even on the ground to make 2 steps let along a football move.

But but.... the narrative... the league is fixed and out to get the Bengals and the officials always blow calls against the Bengals and only the Bengals...

You are correct, it wasn't a fumble, it wasn't a catch by the rules of today and that has been applied pretty consistantly across the league.

As to the other comments in the thread about Kittle, I've yet to see an offensive player be called for taunting this season. Everytime a WR or RB gets a first down and stands up in the face of the defender who tackled him and makes the first down sign, you could call it taunting. It really seems to be a penalty more focused on making the defense more tame and allowing for more offense which of course is what the league wants. More points, more exciting plays, and therefore more eyeballs on the TV.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote