Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AFC North is bad as a whole....
Look around, this division sucks. I think its antiquated approach has put them behind the times. You could just look at the Browns and Bengals and say "par for the course", but the Ravens and Stoolers aren't very good either.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Indeed. What a year to be terrible for us.

We could have ruled the division. But, the Steelers beat us with their backup QB.
Reply/Quote
Agree

The Ravens are probably the best team and they're not all that good.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Look around, this division sucks. I think its antiquated approach has put them behind the times. You could just look at the Browns and Bengals and say "par for the course", but the Ravens and Stoolers aren't very good either.

I couldn't agree more with you. I laugh because everyone predicted the Browns to be this powerhouse and they are quickly becoming the 2010 Bengals, nice to see Mayfield get smacked down.

Bengals are going to take 3 years to become something serious, and that's if they make the right moves. Theres too much to fix/correct. Next year isn't going to be anything to be excited about. Im just hoping they move in the right directions with front office decision making and thats a big "hope" with that front office. We'll see what happens...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. What a year to be terrible for us.

We could have ruled the division. But, the Steelers beat us with their backup QB.

No doubt, and then they almost beat the Ravens with their 3rd stringer. Yikes!

(10-08-2019, 09:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

The Ravens are probably the best team and they're not all that good.

Ravens look to be fools gold. This division is garbage at the moment.

(10-08-2019, 10:00 AM)GodFather Wrote: I couldn't agree more with you. I laugh because everyone predicted the Browns to be this powerhouse and they are quickly becoming the 2010 Bengals, nice to see Mayfield get smacked down.

Bengals are going to take 3 years to become something serious, and that's if they make the right moves. Theres too much to fix/correct. Next year isn't going to be anything to be excited about. Im just hoping they move in the right directions with front office decision making and thats a big "hope" with that front office. We'll see what happens...

I absolutely LOVE watching Baker getting the smack down. If he snorted rails and drank himself into oblivion, he'd be as bad as Fartball.

Reply/Quote
It's possible the Browns can be decent if they abort the Freddie Kitchens experiment, but who knows. They're not good, but they could also go on a bit of a meaningless tear during the soft 2nd half of their season. I wouldn't rule them out of winning the division if the Ravens continue to flop against teams that are average or better. ANyways, I don't LIKE the Browns so much as I don't like the fact that Steeler fans are the happiest that the Browns are imploding. Are they imploding? I just think we all suck pretty hard against real teams thus far, but the Browns have a cocky QB and they made a bunch of moves instead of just rolling with a crap squad like we did so they're easy to pick on, I"ll admit.

Likely the prize of winning the AFC North is instantly killing your draft position and getting stomped in the playoffs at home.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: No doubt, and then they almost beat the Ravens with their 3rd stringer. Yikes!

Ravens look to be fools gold. This division is garbage at the moment.

I absolutely LOVE watching Baker getting the smack down. If he snorted rails and drank himself into oblivion, he'd be as bad as Fartball.

Yep

To bad our GM didn't actually try and give AJ and Andy, Geno etc. a real chance by fixing some stuff instead of getting out the band-aid box again.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible the Browns can be decent if they abort the Freddie Kitchens experiment, but who knows.  They're not good, but they could also go on a bit of a meaningless tear during the soft 2nd half of their season.  I wouldn't rule them out of winning the division if the Ravens continue to flop against teams that are average or better.  ANyways, I don't LIKE the Browns so much as I don't like the fact that Steeler fans are the happiest that the Browns are imploding.  Are they imploding?  I just think we all suck pretty hard against real teams thus far, but the Browns have a cocky QB and they made a bunch of moves instead of just rolling with a crap squad like we did so they're easy to pick on, I"ll admit.

Likely the prize of winning the AFC North is instantly killing your draft position and getting stomped in the playoffs at home.

Funny and true most likely.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Funny and true most likely.

Hilarious

Then again, getting 12th place and losing in the first round of the playoffs would be a gold-standard year for the Browns or Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Also, the 49ers are no joke....

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Then again, getting 12th place and losing in the first round of the playoffs would be a gold-standard year for the Browns or Bengals.

Those seasons were a helluva lot more enjoyable than this one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:42 AM)jason Wrote: Those seasons were a helluva lot more enjoyable than this one.

Right, we just all know how the franchise standards are different.  We consider getting mooshed in round 1 of the playoffs a good year and Steeler fans still lament losing to Tebow in round 1.  

That's why I didn't give Browns fans a hard time for being psyched they won 7 games last year or in 2014 or whatever it was.  I know how it feels to celebrate something another franchise would consider a failure.  Hey speaking of that, I totally took home a chick who was a solid 5 from the bar last night!  SCORE!
Reply/Quote
Personally, I love seeing the Browns with a losing record when so many were overhyping them going into the season. This must be what Ravens and Steelers fans thought of the Bengals hype after 2003, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, we just all know how the franchise standards are different.  We consider getting mooshed in round 1 of the playoffs a good year and Steeler fans still lament losing to Tebow in round 1.  

That's why I didn't give Browns fans a hard time for being psyched they won 7 games last year or in 2014 or whatever it was.  I know how it feels to celebrate something another franchise would consider a failure.  Hey speaking of that, I totally took home a chick who was a solid 5 from the bar last night!  SCORE!

If you can't get yourself a 10, the least you could do is bang five 2s.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Look around, this division sucks. I think its antiquated approach has put them behind the times. You could just look at the Browns and Bengals and say "par for the course", but the Ravens and Stoolers aren't very good either.

True. All the teams are pretty bad this year, we have competed in most our games but just cannot pull out a win.

The Stains got beat worse than we did against the Niners.

The Ravens are clearly the best team in this Division but that isn't saying much.
Reply/Quote
It is an interesting time to transition for the Bengals given the state of the AFCN.

Dare I say (and I know we have to quit mentioning he who we should move on from) we may have been in the running or even win the division if we didn't change coaches?

Marvin had to go, but this would be a year he'd rebound (and probably secure another 5 years as HC) with the state of the Division and his knowledge and experience of the division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Looking ahead at the schedule I think this team only wins 2 games tops. Maybe the jets and dolphins. And I if the Bengals and dolphins are both winless going into that game I'll laugh histerical as we what 2 teams desperate to get that 1 pick.
Reply/Quote
On the whole the AFCN isnt that good right now.

Bengals are on a brisk pace to solidify last with the Steelers looking at 3rd. And both definitely not making the playoffs.

Browns can still be a .500 kind of team by end of season, it's hard to see them much better because of how inconsistent they are but they also have a good enough roster to not suck like they used to.

Ravens are looking like a 10-6 kind of team imo. Good enough to easily win the division, but not good enough to make much noise in the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 02:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: On the whole the AFCN isnt that good right now.

Bengals are on a brisk pace to solidify last with the Steelers looking at 3rd. And both definitely not making the playoffs.

Browns can still be a .500 kind of team by end of season, it's hard to see them much better because of how inconsistent they are but they also have a good enough roster to not suck like they used to.

Ravens are looking like a 10-6 kind of team imo. Good enough to easily win the division, but not good enough to make much noise in the playoffs.

I think the Brownies implode under their lofty expectations. The Ravens? I honestly don't know what to make of them. They just went to OT against a Stoolers team with Devlin Hodges at QB a great chunk of the game.....got smoked the week before. 

Reply/Quote
It is funny to think if we somehow won our next 8 games, we'd probably win the division. Not that I see that happening...I'm still hoping we win at least 1 game.

Reply/Quote