Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AFC North is bad as a whole....
I was going over Clev schedule at work today w/ a BrownStain fan...…...they could easily finish the season 7-0

look it over and tell me if im wrong
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:48 PM)CincyKid Wrote: I was going over Clev schedule at work today w/ a BrownStain fan...…...they could easily finish the season 7-0

look it over and tell me if im wrong

You are not wrong.  That would give them a 9-7 record.

I will say that depending on Green we could maybe sweep the Browns.  The Ravens did lose to them once.  However it is still a divisional game, and the Ravens aren't going to just play dead, so that could also be a loss.  Don't sleep on the Steelers sneaking out some wins either.  The Steelers could even sweep them as well.

So while they could go 7-0, I don't think they do.  Even with 1 loss from each division opponent that 9-7 record quickly becomes 6-10.

Cardinals in Arizona might give them fits as well and they could have a 5-11 record.

I am fine with the Browns winning the Division though.  I think they lose in the playoffs immediately, and due to being the division winners, they have the 21st pick.

I am not in favor of tanking or losing intentionally.  However I wouldn't be too upset if we had a top 10 pick and Georgia's OT is available for us.  With Williams on one side, and Thomas on the other side, Price in at OG and Hopkins at Center, and this line will hopefully play much better.  If we forgo Thomas, then his Georgia teammate Kindley would be ideal.

Me personally, I would be looking at Thomas in the first and hope that Kindley is still there in the 2nd, but if not, Bredeson from Michigan wouldn't be a terrible 1-2 punch for our 1st and 2nd rounds.

I would then start targeting LBer in the 3rd round, as there seems to be quite a few good ones that should be available.

Now if we trade Green, it is still possible to beat the Browns, but if we traded him for a 1st rounder, then I will be hoping for us to take both Georgia guys and then target LBer in the 2nd round.

This way if we stay with Dalton or move on, the OLine will be improved with some talented and high quality players.

I wouldn't mind Williams, Kindley, Hopkins, Price and Thomas.  
Reply/Quote
I think Ravens are the strongest team in the AFCN and the Browns will go something like 7-9. I hate the Browns fans. They are quite delusional.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Look around, this division sucks. I think its antiquated approach has put them behind the times. You could just look at the Browns and Bengals and say "par for the course", but the Ravens and Stoolers aren't very good either.

Unusually all the teams in the division are going through a fair bit of organizational change and churn at the same point.

I think that is the main contributory factor...it's all pretty fluid and unstable when for years you knew what you were getting.

-The Ravens let stalwarts like Flacco and Suggs go and are transitioning to the Lamar Jackson era
-We obviously let Marvin go and blew up the coaching staff while bringing a rookie HC in...plus no AJ.
-Steelers had Ben , Brown and Bell ...and now have none of them this year.
-Browns are always in transition but new confirmed HC and starting QB.

With that as a background the team's with the best front office and an active plan to get through the transition period ASAP should emerge as the new divisional force....it really is wide open
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:07 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Unusually all the teams in the division are going through a fair bit of organizational change and churn at the same point.

I think that is the main contributory factor...it's all pretty fluid and unstable when for years you knew what you were getting.

-The Ravens let stalwarts like Flacco and Suggs go and are transitioning to the Lamar Jackson era
-We obviously let Marvin go and blew up the coaching staff while bringing a rookie HC in...plus no AJ.

With that as a background the team's with the best front office and an active plan to get through the transition period ASAP should emerge as the new divisional force....it really is wide open

You're not wrong.... excellent analysis. I agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
if aj green wasn't hurt, what's our record. we have to at least be tied with browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:08 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Yes the league is trying to help these QBs as much as they can to succeed.  Not because they are any good, but because the league knows they have to have the hype train and that these QBs would be killed if they allowed the old school defenses of the past to play.

I don't know about moving on from Dalton... if we do, fine.  However, I still think he is an underrated guy that coaching has let down. 

Marvin's mindset was any drive ending with a kick is a good thing.  Either a punt, FG or extra point.  Marvin didn't care about taking risk early in the games or even in the middle.  No, his risk taking was always at the end if the game was close.  There is logic to this and it can be a winning strategy, if your defense is stout and you make the plays needed to win the games.  That is why we almost always played better in the 2nd half with Marvin, the 4th quarter is where the risk were taken and we were aggressive more.  Also why we lost a lot of games in the 2nd half when we had the lead.  We played conservative while our opponents took the risk.  

ZT seems to do this as well, since we came back against AZ, and even Buffalo.  Yet our defense isn't stout and shouldn't be relied upon to close out the games.  The line is struggling but the coaches aren't trying to move the pocket and create better pockets for Dalton to work in.

Think about '15 (I know many hate invoking that season), but Hue made a lot of pre snap movements with the line to make it harder for the opponents to key up on Dalton.  He moved the pocket and then even had a play were the pocket went one way and Dalton moved out away from the pocket completely.  The defense followed the line and pocket, before they knew what Dalton did, he already had the ball gone for easy completions.  There is nothing holy about hitting tight windows and throwing perfect passes to beat defenses.  If you can make it easy for your QB, then do it.  For some reason our coaches aren't doing that.  This is why I don't care about the QB position and want to fix the OLine first and then the LBers next.  

I getcha, I just have been seeing Dalton panicking even when the play hasn't broke down now.

Last season he wasn't this bad at this, thought he was getting better now this. Truly think it is in his head.

If Brady had this Line he wouldn't be playing great either but he knows how to stand in a pocket pass the ball and take
the hit without fear. Dalton bails at the first sign of trouble now, cannot do this in the NFL especially with the way refs 
are now protecting the QB. Like I said, always been a Dalton supporter but when he does this it just destroys drives and
games for us. 

Said in the other thread we need to run more 2 TE sets with both Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time. This will
help out the O-line and make us less predictable. Much easier to run out of these sets and when it is unpredictable our 
QB will have more time. When the opponent always knows you are going to throw it is downright unfair unless you are
Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:43 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Ravens are the strongest team in the AFCN and the Browns will go something like 7-9.  I hate the Browns fans.  They are quite delusional.

I seem to say this whenever someone posts something about CLE, but it's tough being a Bengals fan in CLE. Browns fans are drunk and disrespectful. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha, I just have been seeing Dalton panicking even when the play hasn't broke down now.

Last season he wasn't this bad at this, thought he was getting better now this. Truly think it is in his head.

If Brady had this Line he wouldn't be playing great either but he knows how to stand in a pocket pass the ball and take
the hit without fear. Dalton bails at the first sign of trouble now, cannot do this in the NFL especially with the way refs 
are now protecting the QB. Like I said, always been a Dalton supporter but when he does this it just destroys drives and
games for us. 

Said in the other thread we need to run more 2 TE sets with both Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time. This will
help out the O-line and make us less predictable. Much easier to run out of these sets and when it is unpredictable our 
QB will have more time. When the opponent always knows you are going to throw it is downright unfair unless you are
Tom Brady.

It would be nice to hear  the coach say we're going to try a few different things, because, "obviously what we're doing, is not working" - instead of his variation on marvin lewis clap. Like he doesn't want to give some big secret away to other teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha, I just have been seeing Dalton panicking even when the play hasn't broke down now.

games for us. 

Tom Brady.

Kinda responding to the post you replied to, but for all of the grief Hue Jackson gets, he really was a helluva OC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:07 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Unusually all the teams in the division are going through a fair bit of organizational change and churn at the same point.

All great points. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It would be nice to hear  the coach say we're going to try a few different things, because, "obviously what we're doing, is not working" - instead of his variation on marvin lewis clap. Like he doesn't want to give some big secret away to other teams.

I don't think Taylor is any variation of Marv. Don't get that at all.

We all just want to win, we start winning all this shit goes out the window.

Shit has just hit the fan lately lol

(10-10-2019, 05:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda responding to the post you replied to, but for all of the grief Hue Jackson gets, he really was a helluva OC.

Sure was, thought he was treated unfairly as well but he did decide to go to the mistake by the lake...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Taylor is any variation of Marv. Don't get that at all.

We all just want to win, we start winning all this shit goes out the window.

Shit has just hit the fan lately lol

Sure was, thought he was treated unfairly as well but he did decide to go to the mistake by the lake...

Could he be worse than Marvin?

I mean Marvin just clapped his hands and basically ignored press conferences. I admit I haven't seen all of taylor's conferences, only the quotes that come out of them, which sounds like he's either oblivious to what he needs to do, or is the same type of coach to lie to the media. Both marvin lewis traits lol.
Reply/Quote