Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade options on draft day with QB needy teams
(02-21-2021, 03:28 PM)spazz70 Wrote: According to what I have been reading they  are making cap room to get Watson....Moton may be part of the equation but Watson is the goal

Yes, Watson is the goal. I was hoping there was a way to get Moton through this process.

I am sure the 5th pick is more attractive tp the Texans than the 8th pick.

The Carolina owner really seems to want Watson.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree on SF.. I did a mock sim.. traded back still got a quality tackle that can start day 1 in Darrisaw and then picked up an extra 1/4th round pick next year... if we have three good drafts 20,21 and 22 with added pics we can really shape the team for a good future run

I agree with you. I would love to have Chase, Sewell or Pitts but it is tempting to trade back and acquire multiple picks (current and future). That may be better for us in the long run. If we trade with SF I don't think Pitts would be there for sure at 12 so we would need to be prepared to trade back again or take Darrisaw. If we trade with Washington and get their #19, #51 and #100 picks I would be good with that.
There a lot of good players in this draft that could really help the Bengals.

I would be happy with Jenkins, Cosmi, Mayfield, Eichenberg or Little as second or third round Tackles. It would be great to land someone like a Munoz (1st Round 3rd pick) but I would be just as happy with another Andrew Whitworth (2nd Round Pick number 55)

All this will change once the Bengals sign a few Free Agents.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 12:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It really is amazing what you can get by trading just a few spots if there's a team that desperately wants a QB with your spot.

The Jets traded up to the Colts 3rd spot to draft Sam Darnold.  They gave up the 6th pick, two 2nd round picks that year, and another 2nd round the following year.  So by moving down just three spots the Colts got a total of three 2nd round picks.

This is why I'm all for trading back, especially if we still stay in the top 10.  We have so many holes and that's just too much compensation to pass up.

The only problem is, going off a lot of the current mocks, Zach Wilson and Justin Fields are projected to go in front of us.  But if one of them is still there, and we can find the right trade partner?  Why the hell not?

Could you imagine if we, hypothetically, moved from 5 to 8 and still managed to get Kyle Pitts and picked up 3 extra 2nd round picks?

I forget when it was (might have been last year), but a team traded up one spot because another team was offering to move to the spot in front of them to take the player they wanted. They might have been bluffing (which would be legendary) or the team that traded just did it out of fear that someone else would trade, but it happens.  

I thought about the possibility of a Qb needy team trading up but I don't know if it would be worth it to miss out on Sewel because we need to protect Burrow above all else.  Then again, a team could throw in a quality veteran tackle in the trade or enough picks to make it worth it because, like you said, we do have lots of holes to fill.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 06:35 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree with you. I would love to have Chase, Sewell or Pitts but it is tempting to trade back and acquire multiple picks (current and future). That may begetter for us in the long run. If we trade with SF I don't think Pitts would be there for sure at 12 so we would need to be prepared to trade back again or take Darrisaw. If we trade with Washington and get their #19, #51 and #100 picks I would be good with that.
There a lot of good players in this draft that could really help the Bengals.

I would be happy with Jenkins, Cosmi, Mayfield, Eichenberg or Little as second or third round Tackles. It would be great to land someone like a Munoz (1st Round 3rd pick) but I would be just as happy with another Andrew Whitworth (2nd Round Pick number 55)

All this will change once the Bengals sign a few Free Agents.
Well in my Sim Sewell was gone and I looked at acquiring a quality tackle and another 1/4 pick as higher value than Picking Chase or Pitt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 12:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Fields' draft stock is falling hard right now. 

LOL, based on what?  The media?
Reply/Quote
Pitts would be a great get,

Just checking his PFF grades for the 2020 and his lowest grade against SEC competition was an 80.

Against Alabama he was 85 grade with 7 catches a TD and 129 yards.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree on SF.. I did a mock sim.. traded back still got a quality tackle that can start day 1 in Darrisaw and then picked up an extra 1/4th round pick next year... if we have three good drafts 20,21 and 22 with added pics we can really shape the team for a good future run

The mock SIMs generally allow for trades based on the draft position point ranking system.  Trading back to 12 (for only one extra 1-4 rounder, which is a huge point discrepancy in SF favor) and getting an OT is not what I would do at all.   I would want more than the so-called point value and with the talent on SFs defense, and their coaching staff, I don't see them being near the top of next year's (2022) draft at all.  I want BETTER than the point value says for the #5 pick and if SF wants it, it is going to cost them.  
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I forget when it was (might have been last year), but a team traded up one spot because another team was offering to move to the spot in front of them to take the player they wanted. They might have been bluffing (which would be legendary) or the team that traded just did it out of fear that someone else would trade, but it happens.  

I thought about the possibility of a Qb needy team trading up but I don't know if it would be worth it to miss out on Sewel because we need to protect Burrow above all else.  Then again, a team could throw in a quality veteran tackle in the trade or enough picks to make it worth it because, like you said, we do have lots of holes to fill.

I would draft Sewell, if he is gone i would consider trading back 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The mock SIMs generally allow for trades based on the draft position point ranking system.  Trading back to 12 (for only one extra 1-4 rounder, which is a huge point discrepancy in SF favor) and getting an OT is not what I would do at all.   I would want more than the so-called point value and with the talent on SFs defense, and their coaching staff, I don't see them being near the top of next year's (2022) draft at all.  I want BETTER than the point value says for the #5 pick and if SF wants it, it is going to cost them.  

I feel the opposite, QB seems a mess for SF, and they are in a very tough division, I see them middle of the pack and if we have two tackles on your board in that 10 range, perfect time to trade back with few teams behind you taking tackles....so i value SF spot a bit more than you do.. it is all forecasting either way you go.... but I don;t see SF on the upswing especially if they are considering a QB move up... 
Reply/Quote