Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BIGGEST Key To Victory Over The Ravens
We embarrassed the Ravens.

We played a complete game on both sides of the ball and did what we needed to do.

We were prepared.

The biggest key to our victory, though, was that, on Friday, the team ordered catering from my friend's place in Covington: Libby's Southern Comfort!

If you're in Cincinnati, cross the river into Covington to show your appreciation to him for helping to bring us the W!

They have the best biscuits and gravy that I've EVER had!

The owner's story is also pretty amazing because he battled with alcoholism but overcame it to become a great family guy and open this amazing restaurant!

I'm guessing that they'll keep ordering it!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We embarrassed the Ravens.  

We played a complete game on both sides of the ball and did what we needed to do.

We were prepared.

The biggest key to our victory, though, was that, on Friday, the team ordered catering from my friend's place in Covington: Libby's Southern Comfort!

If you're in Cincinnati, cross the river into Covington to show your appreciation to him for helping to bring us the W!

They have the best biscuits and gravy that I've EVER had!

The owner's story is also pretty amazing because he battled with alcoholism but overcame it to become a great family guy and open this amazing restaurant!

I'm guessing that they'll keep ordering it!

So dude is from Ohio?  And he turned his back on alcohol?

Wtf?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:02 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: So dude is from Ohio?  And he turned his back on alcohol?

Wtf?

Fort Mitchell, just on other side of the River from Cincinnati, where I grew up.  His place is in Covington, which is a mile or so from Fort Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
3 Reasons for Win

#1...Ravens had all 11 Defenders up on line most of game to Stuff Mixon and Clobber Burrow, which they did most of the game. Except Burrow escaped enough times to hit Uzomah and Chase for wide open touchdown runs. For once Uzomah and Chase were past the Ravens 11 men up on the line, there was nobody left to tackle them.

#2. Don't forget our Kicker made key Field Goals to keep us in game.

# 3. After Burrow threw the interception in end zone, and Bengals didn't even get the field goal. It was 27 to 17 with most of 4th quarter left. This is where Lemar Jackson comes back to win most games. But on 4th and short, The Bengals Defense held. The next time Ravens had the ball, The Bengals Defense stopped then on 4th down again. Everybody will remember Mixon and Perine scoring, but we don't even have the ball that many times if not for THE DEFENSE....Instead of Lemar Jackson making a comeback, The Bengals Defense kept the ball back in Ravens area like a Hockey or Soccer Game. ...and THAT is how 27 to 17 became 41 to 17 in the 4th Quarter. OUR DEFENSE TOOK OVER and shut down Lemar Jackson....Bengals played most of the 4th Quarter inside the Ravens 40 thanks to BENGALS DEFENSE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote