Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The BIGGEST Problem is...
(09-19-2022, 08:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd have to see another angle because it sure didn't look like any were open enough that didn't look risky.

I'm not even sure if at the point of breakdown to step up and read(which again didn't look safe)and throw out of bounds were even possible.

There just wasn't enough time for route development for the receivers or to wait for one to break coverage.

Here's the tweet I saw breaking the play down. I thought the same as you before seeing this but now it looks like a failure mainly on Mixon and Burrow. Even though the line broke down but still did enough to work.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Here's the tweet I saw breaking the play down. I thought the same as you before seeing this but now it looks like a failure mainly on Mixon and Burrow. Even though the line broke down but still did enough to work.

Weird that we're on year 2 of not being able to replace Gio's pass blocking. Doesn't seem like it should be that hard of a thing to replace, but I guess when Mixon's got big bucks and Zac loves him some Perine, there isn't a lot of room for anyone else?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Weird that we're on year 2 of not being able to replace Gio's pass blocking. Doesn't seem like it should be that hard of a thing to replace, but I guess when Mixon's got big bucks and Zac loves him some Perine, there isn't a lot of room for anyone else?

Maybe they did it some. But I expected them to have a RB/TE on whatever side Parsons was the whole game to chip him. Not sure why that wasn't a thing. Especially after the start where he was wrecking havoc.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Here's the tweet I saw breaking the play down. I thought the same as you before seeing this but now it looks like a failure mainly on Mixon and Burrow. Even though the line broke down but still did enough to work.

At the end of that clip though the O-line "pocket" was backing up and closing.  Pretty weak stuff.

Burrow making that throw is hanging on a sliver.  I just don't see it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Maybe they did it some. But I expected them to have a RB/TE on whatever side Parsons was the whole game to chip him. Not sure why that wasn't a thing. Especially after the start where he was wrecking havoc.

JJ posted in another thread a tweet from Ben Baby where Callahan said the limited amount of off-ball snaps for Parsons was a surprise. They were just ill prepared for the best player on their opponents entire team, apparently. Confidence inspiring.

They couldn't even reliably keep Parsons from being completely unblocked and you want them to manage to get TWO blockers on him? Talk about high expectations.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: JJ posted in another thread a tweet from Ben Baby where Callahan said the limited amount of off-ball snaps for Parsons was a surprise. They were just ill prepared for the best player on their opponents entire team, apparently. Confidence inspiring.

They couldn't even reliably keep Parsons from being completely unblocked and you want them to manage to get TWO blockers on him? Talk about high expectations.   Ninja

Crazy

If you were playing the 88 Giants or whatever. Do you think the opposing coaches gave a crap where Lawrence Taylor lined up ? You identify where the elite player is and go from there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: JJ posted in another thread a tweet from Ben Baby where Callahan said the limited amount of off-ball snaps for Parsons was a surprise. They were just ill prepared for the best player on their opponents entire team, apparently. Confidence inspiring.

I saw that quote and didn't think too much of it. But Parsons is amazing rushing the passer along with the rest of his game. It should not be surprising to our staff that the Cowboys wanted to put that against our oline as much as possible. I mean I'm speechless.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: At the end of that clip though the O-line "pocket" was backing up and closing.  Pretty weak stuff.

Burrow making that throw is hanging on a sliver.  I just don't see it.

It was by no means perfect. If I think he could make the play it's only because I've seen him make those special plays. I can't blame Burrow even if he's starting to struggle. I have to blame the staff for continuing to put him out there when we haven't put as much effort as we can to protect him.
Reply/Quote
I like the orange.Bring on the ORANGE,and we probably go undefeated the rest of the way!?!?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Black Jerseys

Hmm...

Burrow in black jerseys:    3-9
Burrow in other jerseys:  12-7-1

[Image: 28mg.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:05 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I like the orange.Bring on the ORANGE,and we probably go undefeated the rest of the way!?!?

It’s probably my least favorite jersey of the 3 looks-wise (it did grow on me some last season) but for whatever reason our record is really good in them. Even going back to the last version of the orange.

And it really would make sense for a team called the Bengals to wear orange as their primary. I think we’re only wearing them once this season because of the white Tiger uniforms.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hmm...

Burrow in black jerseys:    3-9
Burrow in other jerseys:  12-7-1

[Image: 28mg.gif]

I’d like to see our record in orange, including the last version?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wtf was Mixon doing on that play.

now you guys understand why they like to put Perine in on passing downs lol
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d like to see our record in orange, including the last version?

3-0 in new version. 1-0 in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 3-0 in new version. 1-0 in 2020.

If only we could have worn them in the Super Bowl. Sad

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If only we could have worn them in the Super Bowl. Sad

Yeah, they've always played well in orange. I think 27-8 overall.
Reply/Quote