Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bears Brought Defense Against Bengals
If I think Bears History, I think Defense even back to 1940's. Now against Rams they didn't show much Defense, but the Bears Defense showed up Sunday against Bengals. The Bengals played a great Defensive game also. It really was a Defensive Game. I can't say much about either teams offense Sunday, but they were both playing great Defense. The Bears in Chicago with The Fans the 12th Man on Defense won out 20 to 17 and most of those points were scored or set up by Defenses

Both Bears and Bengals come out at 1-1 on the season, which is better than 0-2. Both teams have offense problems to correct. The Bengals is still that O line. The Bears was a Quarterback controversy that now ends with Dalton injured and the top pick rookie must play now. The Bengals Defense has looked good the 2 games they played. The Bears reminded me that Burrow never played a full rookie season, and Burrow also still has some rookie mistakes to correct. However Bengals Blocking struggled against Bears Defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals should have beat those bears if the play calling was better and everything else stayed the same.

This one is on Zac first, then the offensive line
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:18 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengals should have beat those bears if the play calling was better and everything else stayed the same.

This one is on Zac first, then the offensive line

Exactly.  I need to know why Burrow is out there if you are going to simply run it for three yards on first and second down and then try a 4 yard pass that everyone is sitting on.  

And why not run the ball out of 12 personnel if you are going to simply hand it off on seemingly every first and second down.

Say your team is going to be aggressive and then try nothing down the field, no TE screen, no misdirection, etc. just makes you look like a moron.  

Now we have players even saying we should have taken shots earlier.  Sad.  Only way to get this team going again is to win against pitt, which won't be easy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: If I think Bears History, I think Defense even back to 1940's.  Now against Rams they didn't show much Defense, but the Bears Defense showed up Sunday against Bengals.  The Bengals played a great Defensive game also.  It really was a Defensive Game.  I can't say much about either teams offense Sunday, but they were both playing great Defense. The Bears in Chicago with The Fans the 12th Man on Defense won out 20 to 17 and most of those points were scored or set up by Defenses

Both Bears and Bengals come out at 1-1 on the season, which is better than 0-2.  Both teams have offense problems to correct. The Bengals is still that O line. The Bears was a Quarterback controversy that now ends with Dalton injured and the top pick rookie must play now. The Bengals Defense has looked good the 2 games they played.  The Bears reminded me that Burrow never played a full rookie season, and Burrow also still has some rookie mistakes to correct. However Bengals Blocking struggled against Bears Defense.

Yep, plus they were up against an opposing HC guy who thought the pee wee football offensive game plan was a good idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
wont get easier vs the steelers
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: If I think Bears History, I think Defense even back to 1940's.  Now against Rams they didn't show much Defense, but the Bears Defense showed up Sunday against Bengals.  The Bengals played a great Defensive game also.  It really was a Defensive Game.  I can't say much about either teams offense Sunday, but they were both playing great Defense. The Bears in Chicago with The Fans the 12th Man on Defense won out 20 to 17 and most of those points were scored or set up by Defenses

Both Bears and Bengals come out at 1-1 on the season, which is better than 0-2.  Both teams have offense problems to correct. The Bengals is still that O line. The Bears was a Quarterback controversy that now ends with Dalton injured and the top pick rookie must play now. The Bengals Defense has looked good the 2 games they played.  The Bears reminded me that Burrow never played a full rookie season, and Burrow also still has some rookie mistakes to correct. However Bengals Blocking struggled against Bears Defense.

yeah after watching that  Dalton is definitely the starter if healthy.
Reply/Quote
When defenses can read what the offense is going with
The ball that falls in preparation during the week
Bernie Kosar once said " you lose games on Wednesday"
Not on Sunday.
Zac Taylor never had success as a play caller
Before he came to the Bengals.
I have yet to see him actually outcoach
The other coach.
I see Taylors fanclub has little to say now
Reply/Quote
I saw something like, we only threw it 2 times in anything but empty set. That is entirely on ZT. That’s middle school level coaching .
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:35 AM)impactplaya Wrote: When defenses can read what the offense is going with
The ball that falls in preparation during the week
Bernie Kosar once said " you lose games on Wednesday"
Not on Sunday.
Zac Taylor never had success as a play caller
Before he came to the Bengals.
I have yet to see him actually outcoach
The other coach.
I see Taylors fanclub has little to say now

Taylor didn’t have much of a fan club after last year.
Reply/Quote
Sure the Bears defense looked good.With the predictable,repetitive,pee wee football style play calling that Zac Taylor presents.He played right into their hand.Did he not watch how the Rams handled this defense?
Reply/Quote