Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles - Live at the New Musical Express Awards show in 1964 and 1965
Music 
The greatest band of all time. Here they are as they were already in the process taking over both the musical world and the cultural world.

She Loves You 0:47
You Can't Do That 3:02
Twist And Shout 5:57
Long Tall Sally 8:55
Can't Buy Me Love 11:20

About 15 minutes of the Beatles playing live the next year and 10 minutes of awards but some pretty big stars are there.

I Feel Fine - 2:41
She's A Woman - 5:20
Baby's In Black - 8:30
Ticket To Ride - 11:07
Long Tall Sally - 14:50

Bonus shows. Here's the concert for the Royal family and it sounds so tight with a great mix. Those vocal harmonies(Everly Brothers anyone?) . . . keep in mind . . . this was still a few months before they even broke in the USA. Possibly the best sounding live Beatles recording that I've ever heard. This was John Lennon's "Rattle Your Jewelry" moment. Also loved the mocking of the BBC announcer in the beginning after he took a shot at their Liverpool accents.

From Me To You 0:25
She Loves You 2:35 - New Song!
Till There Was You 5:25
Twist And Shout 8:17

October 30th, 1963 on a Swedish TV show called Drop In! Another show with very good sound.

She Loves You 1:11
Twist And Shout 4:05
I Saw Her Standing There 6:54
Long Tall Sally 9:45
Dancing
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I'd seen that performance of Til There Was You for the queen before. Love the way McCartney pronounces the word "saw" as "sar" in that song. I heard him do it live in 05 or 06 or so.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He's had a VERY tight band the last couple of decades so I'm almost guaranteeing that you saw a great show. The big Mexican dude on drums, Abe Laboriel, Jr, is amazing with an awesome voice so he adds to the backup vocals better than most drummers. A band is only as good as their drummer and he is keeping them at or near the top.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 01:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He's had a VERY tight band the last couple of decades so I'm almost guaranteeing that you saw a great show. The big Mexican dude on drums, Abe Laboriel, Jr, is amazing with an awesome voice so he adds to the backup vocals better than most drummers. A band is only as good as their drummer and he is keeping them at or near the top.

Yeah... The drummer does John Lennon's vocals on I've Got a Feeling too. That show was great. I saw him again last June. He's like 80 now so he's slipping on the vocals a bit, but not terrible. It was at Rupp Arena this time, and very uncomfortable. I'm too old for bleacher seats. Still one of those things I was excited to get to see a true legend. I was about to see Jackson Browne in June, but that's been postponed... He has a mild case of the virus right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote