Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?!
(02-15-2022, 06:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not only that, but are we really going to roll Burrow TOWARDS Adeniji blocking Donald and Prince blocking Miller? 

It gives him more room to escape because they were collapsing the pocket anyways.
Reply/Quote
Taylor has a life time contract. He is a company man who doesn’t ruffle feathers. There were some atrocious calls against them and the guy acted Like a choir boy during and post game. Bs To get fired He would have to tell the brown family to go f themselves Ala wyche when they wanted wyche to change his staff. If he can’t tell the refs off. Forget it

I can easily see burrow gettin frustrated if playcalling start ls limiting him

I think Taylor is good enough to beat average mediocre teams

Unless he grows a lot as a play caller game planner..he is no where near elite

I hope Burrow doesn’t end up like elway losing one super bowl after another until they got Shanahan
Reply/Quote
I was wondering the same thing. The second half of the Super Bowl was worse than the Titans game. I was wondering how the Rams Dline would compare to the Titans Dline. After the first half, I was convinced we would be fine. The second half was a completely different story. Aaron Donald and Von Miller proved why they’re HOFers.

I figured we’d have Joe moving more as well. As many have stated, McVay claimed he knew it was over when we lined up in shotgun on 4th and 1. I was hoping for an end around to Chase similar to how the Rams did with Kupp. Disappointing. Hated the last sequence.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:39 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Taylor has a life time contract. He is a company man who doesn’t ruffle feathers. There were some atrocious calls against them and the guy acted Like a choir boy during and post game. Bs To get fired He would have to tell the brown family to go f themselves Ala wyche when they wanted wyche to change his staff. If he can’t tell the refs off. Forget it

I can easily see burrow gettin frustrated if playcalling start ls limiting him

I think Taylor is good enough to beat average mediocre teams

Unless he grows a lot as a play caller game planner..he is no where near elite

I hope Burrow doesn’t end up like elway losing one super bowl after another until they got Shanahan

It's a Marvin Lewis scenario.
Reply/Quote
The quick answer is simply that Zac isn't very good at coaching. I love how he, along with Burrow, has helped change the culture into one that expects to win. The players seem to like and respect him. But his game plans and play calling leave much to be desired. I haven't seen a lot to suggest much other than he just kinda sucks at game planning and play calling.

Hell, I'm a 59 y.o. math teacher who don't know an X from a O in diagramming football plays. But I was watching Joe get sacked over and over in the second half and was yelling, "Roll him out. Move the GD pocket." Never happened.  I like Zac's work off the field, but his work during games just sucks. He's not good at all.
Reply/Quote
As much as I’ve trashed Taylor I’m willing to give him the benefit

My faith is based on that he gets better as a game coach game planner and with in game adjustments

The most important aspect of anyones success in life is the ability to put your ego aside learn from your mistakes..don’t repeat them and make your self better

Mcveigh was atrocious against bellicheck. He learned

The 49 ers had a good defense. But wyche coslet also has a terrible game play calling

Joe burrow also just completed his first season. He saw looks and adjustments by the rams he probably has never seen before. I know he will get better.
Reply/Quote
Sending Boyd behind a flat out imo would’ve converted every 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 in that game. Von was rushing every play. Don’t remember him in coverage even one time. A linebacker was taking the running back in man every play. All you needed was a rollout with Chase doing a streak and 2 routes coming underneath. One of them bitches would’ve worked for 1 yard.

We didn’t get creative enough in the 2nd half and we threw too much. Mixon probably should’ve gotten 10 more carries that game. We probably win if like 5 of those sacks are 1-3 yard gains instead
-Housh
Reply/Quote