Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread
(09-27-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, it is an NFL Head Coaching job. Tons of guys would jump at that opportunity.

I know i would, be my dream.

I think our new HC is here already in Guenther and he will have just as much control as Marv right off the bat,
Guenther actually believes in adjusting in the game and most likely would stay out of the OC's bidness.

If not Guenther, Simmons who is another really good coach and i think would be an upgrade over Marv.

Would like someone outside, just don't know if that happens.

IF Guenther got the HC job...I view that as bad as likely most of the assistants would stay. Coyle would be DC. Lazor the OC.

I just don't know that Guenther is the motivator that we need. Then, we need good coordinators who can strategize and adjust.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean OT/QB?

I thought i wrote T for Tackle lol, thanks for catching that Ocho.

(09-27-2017, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm afraid that the DC job would go to Coyle if Guenther is promoted to HC. We've seen what Coyle can (or more accurately cannot) do when DC with Miami.

That is definately the concern, like i said i would rather we went outside the organization.

Just seems Guenther is the most likely right now.

(09-27-2017, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's the only way we could still be fans of the team after the 90s.

I like Guenther, but I don't want anyone that's currently on the coachinig staff to STILL be on the coaching staff next season. I want a fresh sweep. Get rid of all coaches. Hire a new HC and task him with hiring all new coaches. Let him re-hire some, MAYE, if they're on the younger side, but all new coaches otherwise.

No, RB. Mellow

I still want Simmons, Urban and Guenther around but i getcha Philhos and would be for that over having to have Coyle
be DC if Guenther becomes HC. Would be best for a new HC to pick all his own for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Guenther got the HC job...I view that as bad as likely most of the assistants would stay. Coyle would be DC. Lazor the OC.

I just don't know that Guenther is the motivator that we need. Then, we need good coordinators who can strategize and adjust.

Yeah, i definately understand the Coyle thought. I think that would be a big time mistake if Guenther becomes the HC.

Also understand the motivation factor as Paulie doesn't really seem like the motivating type.

He definately is no John Gruden or Zim type.

I think he is decent at strategizing and as we saw last year he does like to adjust in the game and in the season unlike Marv.

If Paulie G does become the HC and we get rid of PA i hope we bring in people from the outside for sure to be the DC and new
O-line coach. From what i have seen neither Big Willie, Munoz or Lap want to be a O-line coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i definately understand the Coyle thought. I think that would be a big time mistake if Guenther becomes the HC.

Also understand the motivation factor as Paulie doesn't really seem like the motivating type.

He definately is no John Gruden or Zim type.

I think he is decent at strategizing and as we saw last year he does like to adjust in the game and in the season unlike Marv.

If Paulie G does become the HC and we get rid of PA i hope we bring in people from the outside for sure to be the DC and new
O-line coach. From what i have seen neither Big Willie, Munoz or Lap want to be a O-line coach in the NFL.

I view organizational culture as the #1 hurdle to winning. We lose big games because we always have. Cleaning house in coaching is the only way to scrub that stain clean.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I view organizational culture as the #1 hurdle to winning. We lose big games because we always have. Cleaning house in coaching is the only way to scrub that stain clean.

Understandable, we just might regress on ST's though if we get rid of Simmons.

I think the Defense is pretty damn stacked though, so whoever came in should do fairly well.

And i like Urban too just sayin'. Not all our coaches are bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable, we just might regress on ST's though if we get rid of Simmons.

I think the Defense is pretty damn stacked though, so whoever came in should do fairly well.

We could probably keep 1 or 2 of those guys...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable, we just might regress on ST's though if we get rid of Simmons.

No, all of the coaches aren't bad, but I'd like to see a new coach be given the authority to clean house and bring in his own people. The problem is I could see Mike Brown still finding a job somewhere for Alexander the Great if the new coach didn't want him coaching the OLine. I'm also sure that Brown would allow Alexander the Great to have input on OLine personnel.

At the end of the day, Mike Brown is the biggest problem with this franchise. As long as he has any control, any say, we're destined to be what we are. A team that will have some regular season success on occasion, but overall the joke of the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We could probably keep 1 or 2 of those guys...

That is what i would hope.

I know starting a completely clean slate would be the best way to get rid of this provenly failed culture but these
guys are good coaches. Just want us to get rid of the bad, don't care for Haslett either.

(09-27-2017, 05:01 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: No, all of the coaches aren't bad, but I'd like to see a new coach be given the authority to clean house and bring in his own people. The problem is I could see Mike Brown still finding a job somewhere for Alexander the Great if the new coach didn't want him coaching the OLine. I'm also sure that Brown would allow Alexander the Great to have input on OLine personnel.

At the end of the day, Mike Brown is the biggest problem with this franchise. As long as he has any control, any say, we're destined to be what we are. A team that will have some regular season success on occasion, but overall the joke of the league.

That is probably the biggest problem with PA, his eye for talent is terrible. That would be incredibly stupid by MB
if this happened. You are right that MB is the biggest problem with this franchise, i just cannot be this negative and
have no hope for the future.

This is my team and always will be.

Ignorance is bliss i guess for me when it comes to Mike Brown.

Wish he would just stay out of the HC's business and let him eye talent.

The last thing we need is PA sticking around throwing a cog in the wheels.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I doubt a new coach will be given the power to bring in his own people.

First, Alexander the Great goes nowhere. Mike Brown is not letting his boy get fired or replaced. No way, no how. Even if Brown let the coach get Alexander the Great off the coaching staff, Brown will find a front office position for him and give him more power than the new coach.

Second, I just don't see Brown giving that much control to a new, incoming coach. Look how long it took Marvin to get some control and Marvin was Katie's pick! If he wouldn't let his daughters handpicked coach have power for years, a new head coach is not going to be handed complete control right off the bat.

The fact that anyone is willing to come to Cincinnati and work with this ***** is beyond me. I'd love to see Marvin get fired and then no one even bother interviewing for the spot. That would be hilarious.

You're out of your mind.  Thirty two of these jobs in the entire world.   Guys will be lining up to get it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ratin smatin !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&*()_

Enough venting for now, still crying over my Cards latest scandal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 09:18 AM)McC Wrote: You're out of your mind.  Thirty two of these jobs in the entire world.   Guys will be lining up to get it.

Well, according to http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm Marvin is ONLY paid 4.5 million per season. Certainly nobody would want that paltry sum to pretend to know how to run a football team. Heck, they could make that much money working at the drive through window at McBurger Palace!  
I just can't see gigglin Marv saying, 'Would you like fries with that? ' with a straight face. No, He'd giggle too much and McBurger Palace would go bankrupt.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 09:18 AM)McC Wrote: You're out of your mind.  Thirty two of these jobs in the entire world.   Guys will be lining up to get it.

I agree. We can basically have one of the top assistants of our choice from somewhere.

We won't get an established winner like Gruden or Cowher though.
Reply/Quote

Yes sir.
Reply/Quote

I completely understand and I have no doubt that people want the job. I was just saying I thought it would be funny if people weren't that willing to work with Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, according to http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm Marvin is ONLY paid 4.5 million per season. Certainly nobody would want that paltry sum to pretend to know how to run a football team. Heck, they could make that much money working at the drive through window at McBurger Palace!  
I just can't see gigglin Marv saying, 'Would you like fries with that? ' with a straight face. No, He'd giggle too much and McBurger Palace would go bankrupt.   

ML: Welcome to Burger King, may I take your order?
Customer: Yeah, ummmm, what comes on a Jr Bacon Deluxe?
ML: Well, some good things, some bad things.
Customer: What are the good things? And the bad things?
ML: Don't worry. We'll work at it; make sure we execute better and fix our mistakes.
Customer: What the hell are you talking about?
ML: *claps hands* Let's go, let's go, let's go!
Customer: What?
ML: *Giggles*
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 05:15 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I completely understand and I have no doubt that people want the job. I was just saying I thought it would be funny if people weren't that willing to work with Mike Brown.

Well, you're talking about guys with big egos, big enough to believe, I can win there no matter who the owner is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 09:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Ratin smatin !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&*()_

Enough venting for now,  still crying over my Cards latest scandal.

although i'm supremely happy that pitino is essentially done @ UL it also concerns me as a general cbb fan. the FBI has their hands in a lot of dirty water now. okla. state just fired an asst. coach involved in one of the indictments. this is going to be horrible for cbb. that deeply concerns me.

however, b/c i hear it from ev1 (and can only assume you likely feel the same) how dirty coach cal is......how hilarious would it be if calipari was actually one of the cleanest programs in all of cbb? just a thought i know this doesn't belong here but i just had to reply to your response since this is a hot button issue right now.

besides we both live in our bengal misery afterall.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ML: Welcome to Burger King, may I take your order?
Customer: Yeah, ummmm, what comes on a Jr Bacon Deluxe?
ML: Well, some good things, some bad things.
Customer: What are the good things? And the bad things?
ML: Don't worry. We'll work at it; make sure we execute better and fix our mistakes.
Customer: What the hell are you talking about?
ML: *claps hands* Let's go, let's go, let's go!
Customer: What?
ML: *Giggles*

Hilarious
Reply/Quote