Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals D
Just held two top 5 scoring offenses to 17.5ppg. Their (Buff and SF) season average is 27.5.

The offense hasn’t been too bad either, against two top 5 scoring defenses. Averaging 17.25ppg, the offense scored 27.5 PPG. The offense also left 20+ points on the table.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep- Both sides of the ball playing well. Not perfect, and left some stuff out there, but it’s starting to click.
Reply/Quote
We got us a ballhawk in CTB. Love that dude.

Reply/Quote
Oh and btw the member that was really dogging BJ Hill earlier in the season owes him an apology. He’s been very good. 4 sacks through 8 games now.

Reply/Quote
The D hasn't given up more than 20 points in a month (20, 13, 17, 18).

In the same timeframe:

NFL Research: Joe Burrow leads the NFL since Week 5 with a 4-0 record, 75.8 completion percentage, 10 passing touchdowns and an 111.2 passer rating (minimum three starts).

The two of those things happening at the same time is gonna lead to a lot of wins.

Toughest remaining schedule in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:23 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The D hasn't given up more than 20 points in a month (20, 13, 17, 18).

In the same timeframe:

NFL Research: Joe Burrow leads the NFL since Week 5 with a 4-0 record, 75.8 completion percentage, 10 passing touchdowns and an 111.2 passer rating (minimum three starts).

The two of those things happening at the same time is gonna lead to a lot of wins.

Toughest remaining schedule in the league.

I predicted that after the bye the defense would be screaming. They have certainly looked good. Tough matchup ahead against a fiesty Texans team.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We got us a ballhawk in CTB. Love that dude.

Yep

He's developing into a top notch corner. And Pratt is making some noise as well. 

The D is coming together
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh and btw the member that was really dogging BJ Hill earlier in the season owes him an apology. He’s been very good. 4 sacks through 8 games now.

Sometimes fans will be hard on a certain player because they know that player is not playing up to his potential. I have done this many times in the past. Not saying that is the case with the guy you are talking about. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh and btw the member that was really dogging BJ Hill earlier in the season owes him an apology. He’s been very good. 4 sacks through 8 games now.

(11-06-2023, 06:55 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Sometimes fans will be hard on a certain player because they know that player is not playing up to his potential. I have done this many times in the past. Not saying that is the case with the guy you are talking about. 

Nicomo may be talking about me. I made a post after week 4 that Hill wasn't generating pressure at his normal rate and, if he doesn't accelerate his stats, he may be a cap casualty in 2024, as he'd be a top 20 paid DT and not performing at top 20 DT production.

Then he played really well against Seattle and I addressed my comment then and retracted it, assuming he continues playing that well.

And he has. And it's great.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 08:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nicomo may be talking about me. I made a post after week 4 that Hill wasn't generating pressure at his normal rate and, if he doesn't accelerate his stats,he may be a cap casualty in 2024, as he'd be a top 20 paid DT and not performing at top 20 DT production.

Then he played really well against Seattle and I addressed my comment then and retracted it, assuming he continues playing that well.

And he has. And it's great.

Yep. This is what I was remembering. Particularly the bold. Thought it was extremely unlikely then, and definitely not happening now. He’s an important part of that DL.

Reply/Quote
Pratt these past few weeks has been such a key guy with really huge turnovers at key moments. Every defense needs a guy like that to swing momentum or pick up the offense if they struggle. He is one of many clutch players that stepped up last night. Doing what they’ve done to SF and Buffalo is no easy task.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
With the Bengals’ defense playing well and every television announcer pimping Lou Anarumo for a head coach job I think it would be a miracle if he stays on in Cincinnati past this season. Mikey Boy better open his wallet; there’s no salary cap for coaches and coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 09:10 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With the Bengals’ defense playing well and every television announcer pimping Lou Anarumo for a head coach job I think it would be a miracle if he stays on in Cincinnati past this season. Mikey Boy better open his wallet; there’s no salary cap for coaches and coordinators.

No amount of money is going to keep him if he’s offered a HC job.

Reply/Quote
Gotta keep shouting out CTB. My boy I’ve been talking about since before last years draft.

Great pick for that defense. Provides exactly what this team needed, more turnovers and excellent DB play.

Knew he was fit for the bengals system.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 09:53 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Gotta keep shouting out CTB. My boy I’ve been talking about since before last years draft.

Great pick for that defense. Provides exactly what this team needed, more turnovers and excellent DB play.

Knew he was fit for the bengals system.

Trading up for him is looking pretty smart right about now.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:58 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Just held two top 5 scoring offenses to 17.5ppg. Their (Buff and SF) season average is 27.5.

The offense hasn’t been too bad either, against two top 5 scoring defenses. Averaging 17.25ppg, the offense scored 27.5 PPG. The offense also left 20+ points on the table.

Let's just hope we can ride this wave to the end of entire season (including SB): if they stay as disciplined and smart as they have all season, I can see it happening.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's just hope we can ride this wave to the end of entire season (including SB): if they stay as disciplined and smart as they have all season, I can see it happening.

The crazy thing is, I don’t think this team has peaked yet. I’m not sure enough credit is being given to what the bengals have accomplished the last month, especially the last two weeks.

If not for an injury, joe burrow would be the MVP front runner. I’m not sure he can do enough the second half of the season to make up for the horrible first quarter of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The crazy thing is, I don’t think this team has peaked yet. I’m not sure enough credit is being given to what the bengals have accomplished the last month, especially the last two weeks.

If not for an injury, joe burrow would be the MVP front runner. I’m not sure he can do enough the second half of the season to make up for the horrible first quarter of the season.

I don't think they've peaked yet either Wink

And I thought about it last night, not to jinx, but to see them mention how so many Bills are hurt, maybe the, "load management," Zac does in the PS is a good thing for longevity? Not sure, but it may be something that is a necessary evil (sacrifice the first 2-3 games, to be healthy and fresh come playoff time), though I don't necessarily agree with it either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The crazy thing is, I don’t think this team has peaked yet.  I’m not sure enough credit is being given to what the bengals have accomplished the last month, especially the last two weeks.  

If not for an injury, joe burrow would be the MVP front runner.  I’m not sure he can do enough the second half of the season to make up for the horrible first quarter of the season.

Yep, and looking back, I don't think we're giving them enough credit for weathering the Joe Burrow calf storm and coming out of it at .500. Just gotta keep winning.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't think they've peaked yet either Wink

And I thought about it last night, not to jinx, but to see them mention how so many Bills are hurt, maybe the, "load management," Zac does in the PS is a good thing for longevity? Not sure, but it may be something that is a necessary evil (sacrifice the first 2-3 games, to be healthy and fresh come playoff time), though I don't necessarily agree with it either.

The thing with that whole PS thing is....Joe has missed significant reps the last three years with a knee, appendix, and the calf. This offense is built to run through him. His rust in 21 and 22 showed, then this year it was rust AND still being injured. If he could ever start a season healthy with full training camp reps, I think the starts wouldn't be as slow as they've been.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote