Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals D
(11-06-2023, 10:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The thing with that whole PS thing is....Joe has missed significant reps the last three years with a knee, appendix, and the calf. This offense is built to run through him. His rust in 21 and 22 showed, then this year it was rust AND still being injured. If he could ever start a season healthy with full training camp reps, I think the starts wouldn't be as slow as they've been.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s like the football gods do this to keep the bengals from running away with the season early.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Couldn’t agree more.  It’s like the football gods do this to keep the bengals from running away with the season early.

They don't want us to get that one seed, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:44 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, and looking back, I don't think we're giving them enough credit for weathering the Joe Burrow calf storm and coming out of it at .500. Just gotta keep winning.

Right. I will say, the beginning of the season is a distant memory at this point. 5-3 is right about where any fan would have pegged us after 8 weeks. At this point, just win more than you lose (and I don’t see this team going on any sort of losing streak) and you are likely in the mix at 10-7. I know the bengals won’t be favored in every game, but my goodness, I wouldn’t bet against this team.

At their best, which we haven’t seen yet, this is going to be scary for the league.
Reply/Quote
Just checked the Bills board and I saw a lot of Bills fans calling Joe an "elite checkdown QB" whos being carried by a great defense. Our D just create turnovers out of nowhere, this is why we keep getting away with all these three and outs. Last week Pratt intercepted Purdy when they were going to tie the game, and yesterday Pratt just threw a punch at Kincaid and forced another turnover at a critical moment. We have some dawgs out there, Pratt, Wilson, Hendrickson, as long as they keep making plays we'll always have a shot at winning every game. The real test is gonna be against the Rats.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 10:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Right.  I will say, the beginning of the season is a distant memory at this point.  5-3 is right about where any fan would have pegged us after 8 weeks.  At this point, just win more than you lose (and I don’t see this team going on any sort of losing streak) and you are likely in the mix at 10-7.  I know the bengals won’t be favored in every game, but my goodness, I wouldn’t bet against this team.  

At their best, which we haven’t seen yet, this is going to be scary for the league.

Absolutely, and as of right now, the entire AFCN is in the playoffs. That's insane.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was very skeptical of our defense with the personnel losses in the off-season. I thought they would take a step backwards this year. But I had hoped they would counter that with increasing the amount of turnovers created. I have to say they have increased the turnovers with what feels like not much of a step back if at all. Very happy with how this defense has been playing and hopefully the offense can continue to improve continuing to take pressure off of they're shoulders.
Reply/Quote
I'll say my heart almost stopped last night when I thought we lost CTB. The way he limped off the field and everyone was shaking his hand after the trainers checked his knee, I figured it was a dislocated kneecap.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll say my heart almost stopped last night when I thought we lost CTB. The way he limped off the field and everyone was shaking his hand after the trainers checked his knee, I figured it was a dislocated kneecap.

I was relieved to find out that he was alright, especially when the commentators were lobbying for a tripping penalty against him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There is a lot to like in the D. They seem to have a nose for the ball and since they fixed the backside issues they aren't getting run on like they were. The main outstanding issues are tackling and explosive plays, and I hope those go away as the secondary gains experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:58 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Just held two top 5 scoring offenses to 17.5ppg.  Their (Buff and SF) season average is 27.5.

The offense hasn’t been too bad either, against two top 5 scoring defenses. Averaging 17.25ppg, the offense scored 27.5 PPG.  The offense also left 20+ points on the table.

Just scratching the surface as well. We are trending in the right direction at the perfect time.

Have to give a shout out to Cam Taylor Britt, he is emerging as a great Corner, very physical, extremely athletic, a ballhawk 
and plays with fire. Love this guy.
Reply/Quote
Defense has done a really good job this year even when the offense has put them in some bad situations like we saw the beginning of the season. I do think we miss Bates and Bell.
Reply/Quote
Would like to give props to Nick Scott. How funny is it that Allen gets that taunting penalty, pointing and grinning at Scott as he's crossing the end zone only to have Scott a key contributing factor in Allen's new rookie TE doing his best trapeze impersonation later on? That turnover was a killer!
Reply/Quote

Stud.

I’d be interested to see the number of snaps he covered Diggs? Obviously one of the plays he wasn’t Diggs cooked DJ Turner for a TD.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was relieved to find out that he was alright, especially when the commentators were lobbying for a tripping penalty against him.

That was such a weird play. Honestly I thought they were going to call tripping also. I still have no idea what CTB was doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 12:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That was such a weird play. Honestly I thought they were going to call tripping also. I still have no idea what CTB was doing.

Sweeping the leg.... Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote