Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Didn't Sell Out Their 12,000 Tickets
The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Announced attendance for yesterday's game = 9,732

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic. That's not what I'm doing. But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment. I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

I saw a few Browns fans in the stands. Playing an in-state rival, where you can make the drive down, should have made a sellout even easier.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k. If someone knows please feel free to chime in.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people go for the tailgating and atmosphere. I remember a night game against Baltimore quite a few years ago where I’m pretty sure I was the only sober person in the stadium.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic. That's not what I'm doing. But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment. I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

I saw a few Browns fans in the stands. Playing an in-state rival, where you can make the drive down, should have made a sellout even easier.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k. If someone knows please feel free to chime in.

I wouldn’t read into it too much. People know this team is a dumpster fire right now and don’t want to waste their money.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic.  That's not what I'm doing.  But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment.  I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k.  If someone knows please feel free to chime in.

I was offered 2 free tickets(in a group of 4), and a sober DD ride to and from house to the stadium, and we were parking on Elm and 3rd

And I was offended to even be offered the chance.  What do my friends think I am, a Fing moron?

Hard pass.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:55 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote:
I was offered 2 free tickets(in a group of 4), and a sober DD ride to and from house to the stadium
, and we were parking on Elm and 3rd

And I was offended to even be offered the chance.  What do my friends think I am, a Fing moron?

Hard pass.  

Doubtful story.  As, if you were indeed given that offer, I feel pretty confident that you would have jumped at the opportunity, simply so you could come on here and tell about what a miserable experience you had..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic.  That's not what I'm doing.  But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment.  I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k.  If someone knows please feel free to chime in.

In a normal year, CLE fans would have traveled to the game, helping result in a sellout. Battle of Ohio and rivalry with Pittsburgh nearly always sell out quickly.
But with the pandemic, fewer people are willing to go out into a large crowded event (10,000+ people in a single venue is still considered a large crowd).
With there also being restrictions for bars, restaurants, etc, the likehihood of the fans staying at home to watch the game on TV is likely even higher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Doubtful story.  As, if you were indeed given that offer, I feel pretty confident that you would have jumped at the opportunity, simply so you could come on here and tell about what a miserable experience you had..

Yeah, you nailed it Mod.

Way to protect the bungles

I made up a story about being offered tickets to a sh.it game, and did not want to go. 

Glad you cracked that one; stick to moderating. 
Reply/Quote
If the Front Office wants to sell every available ticket then they need to put a winning product on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:07 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yeah, you nailed it Mod.

I made up a story about being offered tickets to a sh.it game, and did not want to go. 

Shit game? Yesterday woulda been a pretty good game to be at. Offensive show on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Ive had the 'honor' of seeing:

Playoff Palmer/Kimo knee shred

The Brandon Stokley tip 4th quarter loss v Den

The Benson crazy rush late sunday game vs the bears

80 degree home opener when we thrashed the vikes

Finleys first home start

And a myrid of other mostly hilarious bungled games. I have bette things to do than go to PBS and get fed more sh.it
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Shit game? Yesterday woulda been a pretty good game to be at. Offensive show on both sides of the ball.

Sure, watching burrow would been cool in hindsight. 

but, I did that from home and didn't have to waste 5 hours. 

Dont worry, you dont need to crusade for the Bengals - you are not going to be able to defend them from reality. 
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t help that tickets through the official channels were $130 a piece. I mean, the Colts sold tickets for $48 bucks a piece for last weeks game. Granted there are cheaper tickets in the secondary market, but that doesn’t help the attendance numbers. When you are pushing your 5th straight season without a playoff appearance, it’s almost impossible to justify a $400 price tag to get your family in the door, especially with the year people have had.

Edit: It looks like there are some tickets for the Titans game at $60 a piece, so I guess it’s getting better at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:07 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yeah, you nailed it Mod.

The game itself was actually a good one aside from the ending.
The back and forth lead changes really made it interesting and at least somewhat enjoyable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The game itself was actually a good one aside from the ending.
The back and forth lead changes really made it interesting and at least somewhat enjoyable.

Yes, lol.  But i dont have a the power to see the future

Or else Id be like Biff in Back 2 the future 2, but with a hotter wife than Marty McFlys mom 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:18 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Or else Id be like Biff in Back 2 the future 2, but with a hotter wife than Marty McFlys mom 

Biff did get her a nice new set of knockers.
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(10-26-2020, 02:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Biff did get her a nice new set of knockers.

Hilarious [Image: img_0225-0.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:13 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Ive had the 'honor' of seeing:

Playoff Palmer/Kimo knee shred

The Brandon Stokley tip 4th quarter loss v Den

The Benson crazy rush late sunday game vs the bears

80 degree home opener when we thrashed the vikes

Finleys first home start

And a myrid of other mostly hilarious bungled games.   I have bette things to do than go to PBS and get fed more sh.it

But you sure have time to whine about everything. Your "better things to do" must really suck.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:25 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: But you sure have time to whine about everything. Your "better things to do" must really suck.

Yeah posting on here is a giant time commitment. 

It's crazy.  Did you know you can even access the internet on most phones?

Glad to see you wont/cant refute anything I am saying.   
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:36 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yeah posting on here is a giant time commitment. 

It's crazy.  Did you know you can even access the internet on most phones?

Glad to see you wont/cant refute anything I am saying.   

It appears to be for you.

As for "refuting" anything you are saying, what's to refute? That you had the "honor" to see some bad games? Who cares? I have had the "honor" to see the Bengals' first home win at Nippert Stadium, the Freezer Bowl, two Super Bowls and a tremendous amount of great games with great players.

As the great Dale Carnegie once said, “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most do.”

Enjoy your day.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:55 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: I was offered 2 free tickets(in a group of 4), and a sober DD ride to and from house to the stadium, and we were parking on Elm and 3rd

Hard pass.  

Hopefully, you really don't want us to answer that.lol
Reply/Quote