Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Didn't Sell Out Their 12,000 Tickets
(10-26-2020, 02:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: It appears to be for you.

As for "refuting" anything you are saying, what's to refute? That you had the "honor" to see some bad games? Who cares? I have had the "honor" to see the Bengals' first home win at Nippert Stadium, the Freezer Bowl, two Super Bowls and a tremendous amount of great games with great players.

As the great Dale Carnegie once said, “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most do.”

Enjoy your day.

They havent won a playoff game in 29 years  and have 7 winning seasons over that same time

But yeah, keep living based on what they did 35-45 years ago.    
Reply/Quote
Going to an event like that is a tough call for a lot of people right now. Some have legit fears of the virus. Others, like me don't want to get the stink-eye from family/friends when I go to a public event and potentially bring home whatever the rest of the unwashed masses may be carrying in that stadium.

The team sucking doesn't help, but I have to think there would be a hell of a lot more fans there than that minus the pandemic. It's already mega-expensive to go to a ballgame and cover all the auxiliary expenses that go along with it. The pandemic undoubtedly pushes a good chunk of fence sitters closer to the "let's just stay home and watch on the couch" camp. It's an enhanced hassle.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:59 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: They havent won a playoff game in 29 years  and have 7 winning seasons over that same time

But yeah, keep living based on what they did 35-45 years ago.    

Thanks, I will.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Announced attendance for yesterday's game = 9,732

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic.  That's not what I'm doing.  But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment.  I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

I saw a few Browns fans in the stands. Playing an in-state rival, where you can make the drive down, should have made a sellout even easier.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k.  If someone knows please feel free to chime in.

Jay Morrison tweeted this

[Image: ElMvqzHXgAM3gyK?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote
Do we still get to gripe about the lack of a playoff win when we can't win a regular season game? Seems a lil over the top right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals, like the rest of the state of Ohio, were allowed up 12,000 fans for their home game.

Announced attendance for yesterday's game = 9,732

Now, I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch a bad team play during a pandemic.  That's not what I'm doing.  But this is a little embarrassing for the team, no?

I'd like to see other teams' attendance to see if they're selling their full allotment.  I'm guessing most, if not all, are.

I saw a few Browns fans in the stands. Playing an in-state rival, where you can make the drive down, should have made a sellout even easier.

Fwiw, maybe there's a simple answer for this, like the Bengals chose not to sell up to the limit and set their own at 10k.  If someone knows please feel free to chime in.
You would be amazed how many NFL games have tickets out there for sale.. i have already bought a couple away games myself.. one being the Colts... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote