Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Finally Have a Quality Roster
Yes, Bengaldom, there is finally a quality roster of players in Cincinnati. Let’s give credit to Duke, Zac, Bryan, Lou, and even Mikey Boy for putting, at least on paper, a competitive team together. Free agency was good and I must give the Front Office credit for finding quality players in the draft.

This of course means there are no more excuses for not winning. It will all come down to coaching from the individual position coaches through the coordinators all the way up to the head coach. The success of the 2021 iteration of the Cincinnati Bengals will come down to coaching because there are no longer any glaring weaknesses on the team. The roster is loaded with talent in every position group.

It’s go time for Zac and the staff. This season is all on them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree ?. No excuses. Just win damn it. We deserve it.

Who Dey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I’m holding reservation on the roster being solid until I see results, but I agree with the overall premise; the FO has given this coaching staff more than anything I ever remember Marvin receiving. They need results. Now. This season is it.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It all comes down to the offensive line play and how well the young players come along.

I agree though. Skill positions are loaded. It just comes down to health and the offensive line play. Can Burrow bounce back and play a full season?

I love the investment in the dline and pass rush! Seems like we have a solid rotation developing with 2 veterans and two rookies at edge. Reader is legit and we’ve got good depth around him. The linebackers are young but it’s a promising group. Lots of veterans in the secondary.

Lots of youth. Could be growing pains and who knows what happens with injuries. I just hope to watch the team get better and stay healthy. Excited to watch the games for sure and for Fs sake stay healthy Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:18 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m holding reservation on the roster being solid until I see results, but I agree with the overall premise; the FO has given this coaching staff more than anything I ever remember Marvin receiving. They need results. Now. This season is it.

Marvin had a couple of really good rosters and a much better OL to work with.  The year Palmer got hurt I thought that was a Super Bowl caliber roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:44 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Marvin had a couple of really good rosters and a much better OL to work with.  The year Palmer got hurt I thought that was a Super Bowl caliber roster.

I’m not necessarily talking about the quality of rosters, sorry. I was more referring to the massive amounts of FA spending and what seems to be FO change during Zac’s tenure. Zac has received more FO help.

Marvin undoubtedly had better rosters, there’s no questioning that.
Reply/Quote