Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Bengals Have Depth!
The Bengals won a very physical game today.

Hayden Hurst, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, and Chidobe Awuzie were all injured today. Mike Hilton came out of the game with an injury too.

The second string came to play. I’m so impressed with Trenton Irwin, Trent Taylor, Mitchell Wilcox, and especially Cam Taylor-Britt.

For decades we’ve seen games when Cincinnati starters either can’t start or have to leave the game due to injury and the talent falloff between starters and backups is huge. Now quality play still continues at a high level even following substitutions. The only starter to backup falloff which concerns me is from Joe Burrow to Brandon Allen. There’s such a huge “delta” between those two players. It behooves the Bengals to keep Joe clean and upright.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's great to see but certainly hope the Bengals start getting healthy and quit losing players.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wilcox is starting to endure himself with fans!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wilcox is starting to endure himself with fans!!

Endear? We endured guys like Rod Jones and Akili Smith.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Liscow pretty much nailed it here.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Liscow pretty much nailed it here.

For a rookie with no training camp and no preseason games, CTB is playing like a madman. Future lock down corner in the making.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For a rookie with no training camp and no preseason games, CTB is playing like a madman. Future lock down corner in the making.

Yep he has gotten up to speed rather quickly, impressive

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Interested to see the injury report and hoping Boyd, Tee and Hurst are back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep he has gotten up to speed rather quickly, impressive

How has he been in coverage? I love his tackling so far. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For a rookie with no training camp and no preseason games, CTB is playing like a madman. Future lock down corner in the making.

Watson tried to pick on him a ton today and he really shut it down.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How has he been in coverage? I love his tackling so far. 

Mixed bag, but improving every week. And even when he allows a completion he’s often in almost perfect position. He’s going to be a good one.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep he has gotten up to speed rather quickly, impressive

Yup

We've all gotten geeked up about some dude in camp doing well and hyped him a bit to much. But CTB is doing it against the 1's and doing very well. It's still way early but he sure seems to be a great pick.
Reply/Quote
Winning injured is a skill every superbowl winner must have.
Reply/Quote
LMAO on Perine’s TD Wilcox is dead sleep and doesn’t remotely realizes he scored. Guess he was blocking and thought he was down but awfully funny to notice.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Edge depth will be tested next week
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How has he been in coverage? I love his tackling so far. 

He is usually running right with them lately, but he is susceptible to the jump ball by tall WR's.

Although Cooper did get him turned around a little on a out route, but he recovered quick enough that he could not turn it up field. He is getting better each game on coverage and like you said there is nothing to dislike about his tackling.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He is usually running right with them lately, but he is susceptible to the jump ball by tall WR's.

He broke up that jump ball in the end zone against DPJ nicely today though.

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the last game of the year is another Brandon Allen game, just 'cause I want to see how they'll fare on their own.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He broke up that jump ball in the end zone against DPJ nicely today though.

True and like what I'm seeing from the kid, he is tough as nails and fierce competitor. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:17 PM)SladeX Wrote: Endear? We endured guys like Rod Jones and Akili Smith.

Yes you are correct! Lol
Reply/Quote