Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Have a Top 10 Defense
There was one positive take away from the debacle in Chicago. The new personnel came to play defense this year. As of right now the Bengals have the 6th ranked defense in the NFL. While we could sink to 7 if Green Bay shuts the Lions down, we’ll still have a top 10 defense going into week 3.

Sunday afternoon we face a bottom 10 offense in Pittsburgh. With that said, it’s still the Steelers. They’ll be out for blood over the embarrassing loss that led to a downward spiral last year. Still, Big Ben isn’t what he used to be. This is an opportunity for this defense to establish itself as a top unit in the NFL. Will the Bengals defense maintain its top ten status, or was it just fortunate to have Dalton tweak his ankle?
Reply/Quote
Honestly both sides should have a pretty good day Sunday.

But it’s the Steelers, so assume it’s going to get flagrant with someone breaking a jaw.

Fingers crossed it’s Twatt!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: There was one positive take away from the debacle in Chicago. The new personnel came to play defense this year. As of right now the Bengals have the 6th ranked defense in the NFL. While we could sink to 7 if Green Bay shuts the Lions down, we’ll still have a top 10 defense going into week 3.

Sunday afternoon we face a bottom 10 offense in Pittsburgh. With that said, it’s still the Steelers. They’ll be out for blood over the embarrassing loss that led to a downward spiral last year. Still, Big Ben isn’t what he used to be. This is an opportunity for this defense to establish itself as a top unit in the NFL. Will the Bengals defense maintain its top ten status, or was it just fortunate to have Dalton tweak his ankle?

At least 1 side of the ball is consistant.  Now if we just had a playcaller and head coach
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:02 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly both sides should have a pretty good day Sunday.

But it’s the Steelers, so assume it’s going to get flagrant with someone breaking a jaw.

Fingers crossed it’s Twatt!
I thought I read TJ was sidelined 1-3 weeks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We should have lost in week 1. We should have won this week. We are where we are suppose to be 1-1.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:13 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I thought I read TJ was sidelined 1-3 weeks

Hell I don’t know. Maybe he’s dumb enough to walk out on the field and get his jaw jacked if that’s the case.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Will the Bengals defense maintain its top ten status, or was it just fortunate to have Dalton tweak his ankle?

The D is playing well and put us in a position to be 2-0...but we're also in a spot where we have to be grateful that Andy Dalton got sidelined, so that doesn't look too good.

We played Andy Dalton, an unprepared Justin Fields, and Kirk Cousins who is pretty much Andy Dalton with a stupidly high pricetag.  We've done well on D vs them, but it's hardly a murderer's row of competition.  If we can avoid letting the Steelers' offense have a "get right game" against us, then I'll give more of a thumbs up.
Reply/Quote
Dalton was having a really good game until he got hurt...I don't think this game is nearly as close as it was if he plays the entire game.

Not trying to be a downer, but I think the defensive performance was relative to who the QB was this week, and we've played some pretty crappy offenses so far this season as well.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The D is playing well and put us in a position to be 2-0...but we're also in a spot where we have to be grateful that Andy Dalton got sidelined, so that doesn't look too good.

We played Andy Dalton, an unprepared Justin Fields, and Kirk Cousins who is pretty much Andy Dalton with a stupidly high pricetag.  We've done well on D vs them, but it's hardly a murderer's row of competition.  If we can avoid letting the Steelers' offense have a "get right game" against us, then I'll give more of a thumbs up.

We'll be outcoached no doubt. Only hope is players can overcome it.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We'll be outcoached no doubt. Only hope is players can overcome it.

The last matchup of these two teams, Tomlin was the one SERVERELY outcoached.

Who's to say it can't happen again?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The last matchup of these two teams, Tomlin was the one SERVERELY outcoached.

That team was completely gutted when we played them as well....   

And Ryan Finley is no longer on the roster
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The last matchup of these two teams, Tomlin was the one SERVERELY outcoached.

The players who won us that game are gone....
Finley
Gio
Lawson
WJIII
Green
Bynes

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Zac Taylor. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
lets talk after they play the Ravens...Lamar is on fire again and looks primed to rip off 150 to 200 yds on us
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:03 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We should have lost in week 1.  We should have won this week.  We are where we are suppose to be 1-1.

And although the wrist slitting has begun, the whole Division is 1-1. 
Reply/Quote
The defense should be playing well considering the amount of money that has been spent on it the last 2 seasons. I am willing to admit that I may have been somewhat wrong on Lou, but again the amount of money spent to bring in talent on that side of the ball they should be better than they have been. It would be nice if Waynes actually earned a paycheck instead of getting paid millions to never step on the field in a Bengals uniform. I also wish we would've kept Mackenzie instead of signing Apple.

The defense is playing solid. Take away the pick 6 and they only allowed 13 points yesterday. They looked good against a young, mobile QB which has given us problems in the past. As someone else said, it was concerning how they looked when Dalton was on the field. That guy definitely seems to play better against us. I wonder if he signs with a team that plays us again next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:03 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We should have lost in week 1.  We should have won this week.  We are where we are suppose to be 1-1.

we were never in a spot to win week 2...

And we should have lost week 1...  Thank goodness for that OT fumble. or we would have.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zac Taylor. 

You win the thread ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:29 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The defense should be playing well considering the amount of money that has been spent on it the last 2 seasons. I am willing to admit that I may have been somewhat wrong on Lou, but again the amount of money spent to bring in talent on that side of the ball they should be better than they have been. It would be nice if Waynes actually earned a paycheck instead of getting paid millions to never step on the field in a Bengals uniform. I also wish we would've kept Mackenzie instead of signing Apple.

The defense is playing solid. Take away the pick 6 and they only allowed 13 points yesterday. They looked good against a young, mobile QB which has given us problems in the past. As someone else said, it was concerning how they looked when Dalton was on the field. That guy definitely seems to play better against us. I wonder if he signs with a team that plays us again next year.

Isn't Alexander a slot corner?
Reply/Quote

We'll have to see if our OL is made of Swiss cheese this week because that's what it looked like last week.

Full of holes and Joe felt the pressure.  I'm shocked he walked out of the stadium in Chicago. 

Now he goes into a hostile stadium.  Which will be loud, much louder I'm sure than even Chicago's....we'll see how many penalties the OL has and we'll see if they still look like Swiss cheese because if they do it's gonna be a LONG day for Joe Burrow. 
Reply/Quote