Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Have a Top 10 Defense
(09-20-2021, 11:37 AM)TJ528 Wrote: We'll have to see if our OL is made of Swiss cheese this week because that's what it looked like last week.

Full of holes and Joe felt the pressure.  I'm shocked he walked out of the stadium in Chicago. 

Now he goes into a hostile stadium.  Which will be loud, much louder I'm sure than even Chicago's....we'll see how many penalties the OL has and we'll see if they still look like Swiss cheese because if they do it's gonna be a LONG day for Joe Burrow. 

I doubt Heinz is louder than Soldier.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt Heinz is louder than Soldier.

Well at least the one thing you didn't question in my post is that our OL is made of swiss cheese lol
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:27 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Well at least the one thing you didn't question in my post is that our OL is made of swiss cheese lol

Not real happy with their play so far, but I think it all comes down to Hopkins not being 100%. Probably ought to try the kid.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: The players who won us that game are gone....
Finley
Gio
Lawson
WJIII
Green
Bynes

Why are you conveniently leaving off Bell?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are you conveniently leaving off Bell?

And Bates
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not real happy with their play so far, but I think it all comes down to Hopkins not being 100%. Probably ought to try the kid.

I just think it's crap this organization literally sat on $12M in cap money and said they're playing with what they got. 

They did the same thing last year and we see where we ended up.  

Do I think Pollacks going to help the OL, yes I do, but miracles don't happen overnight.  

In football, the saying has always been, "You Win Football Games in the Trenches". 

There's a reason the Bengals are 7-26-1 in the past 3 season, they've sucked in the trenches.  

You can have all the weapons you want but if your QB flat on his ass all day it doesn't matter who you have at WR, TE, RB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:29 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The defense should be playing well considering the amount of money that has been spent on it the last 2 seasons. I am willing to admit that I may have been somewhat wrong on Lou, but again the amount of money spent to bring in talent on that side of the ball they should be better than they have been. It would be nice if Waynes actually earned a paycheck instead of getting paid millions to never step on the field in a Bengals uniform. I also wish we would've kept Mackenzie instead of signing Apple.

The defense is playing solid. Take away the pick 6 and they only allowed 13 points yesterday. They looked good against a young, mobile QB which has given us problems in the past. As someone else said, it was concerning how they looked when Dalton was on the field. That guy definitely seems to play better against us. I wonder if he signs with a team that plays us again next year.

We've also lost a lot on big money players on the Defensive side of the ball.

We haven't used a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on Defense since Lou's got here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: There was one positive take away from the debacle in Chicago. The new personnel came to play defense this year. As of right now the Bengals have the 6th ranked defense in the NFL. While we could sink to 7 if Green Bay shuts the Lions down, we’ll still have a top 10 defense going into week 3.

Sunday afternoon we face a bottom 10 offense in Pittsburgh. With that said, it’s still the Steelers. They’ll be out for blood over the embarrassing loss that led to a downward spiral last year. Still, Big Ben isn’t what he used to be. This is an opportunity for this defense to establish itself as a top unit in the NFL. Will the Bengals defense maintain its top ten status, or was it just fortunate to have Dalton tweak his ankle?

We will see, but I am loving what I am seeing and this is after Burrow and Higgins putting our Defense in terrible situations
against the Bears. Those were some great stops the D made, on 4th and one and in the Red Zone.

Our DL can stop the run and get after the passer so far. Our LB's are playing instinctive and tackling well. Besides Apple our 
Secondary has been playing well, a play here and there has been given up but that happens with every Defense.

If our Offense can stop turning the ball over we can beat anybody if the OL can open up holes for Mixon and company and 
protect Burrow. Our RB's need to get better at picking up the blitz though, this is my main concern at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And Bates

And Phillips
Evans
Higgins
Huber (yes, made a difference)
Hubbard
Perine

All had impact plays in the game, still all on the team.

And why are people talking about Finley, as if he's some savior? It's Finley FFS; I thought the entire narrative all offseason was that Burrow is better with one arm tied around his back, than Finley?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't Alexander a slot corner?

I do believe he is. I still would have kept him instead of signing Apple. It would be nice if Waynes is ever healthy as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've also lost a lot on big money players on the Defensive side of the ball.

We haven't used a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on Defense since Lou's got here.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm just saying we have spent more on defense so I would hope they would start playing betting.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:48 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I do believe he is. I still would have kept him instead of signing Apple. It would be nice if Waynes is ever healthy as well.

I liked Alexander, but he would not help us with the Waynes position. And Chidobe is better than Mackenzie. 
Reply/Quote