Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Offense is broken, and there might not be an easy fix
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/9/29/23895065/cincinnati-bengals-broken-offense-joe-burrow-injury-zac-taylor

Written before today’s game
Reply/Quote
Burrow is at 50% at best. So yeah no shit the offense doesn't have a fix.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It starts up front. The kazillion dollar offensive line is horrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts up front. The kazillion dollar offensive line is horrible.

I don’t think they are horrible just mediocre.
The statue of a QB is holding the ball too long and not able to move at all. Burrow was directly responsible for at least half of the sacks/pressures today.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:21 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I don’t think they are horrible just mediocre.
The statue of a QB is holding the ball too long and not able to move at all. Burrow was directly responsible for at least half of the sacks/pressures today.

Exactly. No offensive line is going to be able to keep a QB who is immobile AND holding the ball clean. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts up front.  The kazillion dollar offensive line is horrible.

We pay big money to one Olineman and he's been great. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sad 
(10-01-2023, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We pay big money to one Olineman and he's been great. 

I totally agree with you with respect to Orlando Brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts up front.  The kazillion dollar offensive line is horrible.

What? 

Burrow can't even navigate the pocket. He's a sitting duck back there. Defenses know this as well. They are pressuring and blitzing the shit out of him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What? 

Burrow can't even navigate the pocket. He's a sitting duck back there. Defenses know this as well. They are pressuring and blitzing the shit out of him. 

I understand this — but their run blocking isn’t very good either.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals are only 17th in average salary for the roster's OL even with Jonah's 5th year option.

Their DL is 5th, at $20m/yr (nearly 50%) more than the OL.

Karras is 13th among Cs, Cappa is 21st among Gs, Orlando 21st among OTs, Jonah's 5th year option puts him at like 28th among OTs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's on Burrow and his lack of movement... go back to any other year. Often times Burrow extends the play and makes magic out of nothing.

Now you can see the play calling is crap and Burrow can't extend the play. We really need Zac to scheme something up but he isn't able too.

With an average or below average QB play Zac Taylor gets exposed.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals are only 17th in average salary for the roster's OL even with Jonah's 5th year option.

Their DL is 5th, at $20m/yr (nearly 50%) more than the OL.

Karras is 13th among Cs, Cappa is 21st among Gs, Orlando 21st among OTs, Jonah's 5th year option puts him at like 28th among OTs.

Aren’t they a top 5 paid group by cap % though? At least according to this.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

Reply/Quote
Pollack needs to be canned... he's had way too many chances with multiple teams.

Yes a lot of this season is on Burrow lack of movement but Titans were getting home way too easy today.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's on Burrow and his lack of movement... go back to any other year.  Often times Burrow extends the play and makes magic out of nothing.

Now you can see the play calling is crap and Burrow can't extend the play.  We really need Zac to scheme something up but he isn't able too.

With an average or below average QB play Zac Taylor gets exposed.

For years I never understood why the Bengals very rarely made an effort to have a quality backup. Maybe they were scared of a qb controversy or something if things go south is my guess. Biting them in the rear big time now though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Burrow/Zac are killing the Bengals but I agree that they need to get better up front. Sit Burrow and punt on this season. Use top picks to solidify O line/D line. Was watching SF earlier and seeing how much time Purdy had to throw. Eagles and 49ers are last undefeated teams because they regularly kick teams asses in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I also think the Cards are going to beat the Bengals next Sunday. They don’t have the talent but they are playing hard right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Aren’t they a top 5 paid group by cap % though? At least according to this.

Yes, this year they are because they gave Zues jr a $31 Mil signing bonus, which all goes against the cap. It is how we do contracts. But all things considered, they are not an expensive oline. Next year they'll be in the 20s based on % cap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
These fans don’t know enough about football to do anything other than run home to momma when we play poorly by blaming the OL. OL has been perfectly fine. It’s the offensive coaching and Joey Siesta.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

I don't think the line is good, but Burrow is the problem. His mechanics are terrible because he can't push off of back foot.

I worry that he'll mess up his mechanics for next year.

The line isn't good though. The interior 3 guys are low end starters. The tackles are average at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Aren’t they a top 5 paid group by cap % though? At least according to this.

If you have cap hits of $4m, $6m, and $11m for your contract, and are in Year 3, you're still a $7m/yr player even though you have a cap hit of $11m. That list doesn't account for teams who do cap accounting tricks to open up more space or formatting which is why cap hits just this year isn't a great one to look at.

The Chiefs for instance signed an OT to a 4yr/$80m deal just this last offseason. He has a cap hit of $5.85m in 2023.
The Bengals signed an OT to a 4yr/$64m deal as well this last offseason. He has a cap hit of $10.35m in 2023.

The Chiefs player is a more expensive and more highly paid player than the Bengals player, they just moved their cap hits around differently.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As to the article posted: Really genius? An injured QB that can’t throw deep is a problem?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote