Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Played a Really Tough Schedule
(01-13-2024, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d like to see him a little higher. He was 11th in targets this season. And it wasn’t just the missed game either. 4 of the guys ahead of him played 16 games or less (Allen only played 13).

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-targeted-wr-2023

11th in targets that include a bunch of going nowhere passes behind the line.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is the assertion we don't target JaMarr enough? 

I suppose so. He's never been top-10 in targets. He played 195 more snaps than Tyreek Hill but got 26 less targets.

Tanner Hudson got more targets than Chase in the Houston loss. Sample and Irwin combined had more targets too. Don't try to outsmart yourself by using subpar players at the cost of neglecting your best ones.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 12:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 11th in targets that include a bunch of going nowhere passes behind the line.

That shit needs to be scrapped forever.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I suppose so. He's never been top-10 in targets. He played 195 more snaps than Tyreek Hill but got 26 less targets.

Tanner Hudson got more targets than Chase in the Houston loss. Sample and Irwin combined had more targets too. Don't try to outsmart yourself by using subpar players at the cost of neglecting your best ones.

The old let’s use AJ Green as a decoy in a playoff game strategy.

Reply/Quote
Jake's ceiling is still below a mediocre Burrow. His floor is against an elite defense he cant even be a game manager.
Reply/Quote
Damn....we played Houston and KC close, who dog walked their opposition this weekend.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 09:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How to determine if you should hire a playcaller/OC:

"You have a young top-5 pick WR who has been a 2nd Team All-Pro. Do you.... 
A. Find ways to pass him the ball even more while he has forward momentum.
B. Say well shucks they are taking him away and throw a ton of telegraphed screens behind the LoS and have him run the ball because 15 carries for 23 yards has to work out eventually, right?"

Ninja

Yes, but then couch coaches will be complaining we are forcing the ball to Chase....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Damn....we played Houston and KC close, who dog walked their opposition this weekend.

I have been thinking the same thing also! If Boyd can hang on to the ball, we beat Houston possibly. Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been thinking the same thing also! If Boyd can hang on to the ball, we beat Houston possibly. Sick

alot of ifs in that Texans game.. Boyd drop, or Boyd just missing a TD catch and run, Burrow 2 picks in 4th quarter, sack on Burrow inside 10 on 1st and goal, stop Texans on 3rd down with 1 min left etc..
Reply/Quote