Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Week 15 Rooting Guide
(12-15-2023, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then why are they currently in and we're out? 

As Sunset said, AFC record. But as you know I just cannot root for the stealers ever. If it happens okay.

I will just ignore it and say alright, better for us.

Bad for the stool just makes me feel better, hey I am a Bengals fan and really hardcore and cannot forget how terrible of an org
the steelers are. Mellow
Reply/Quote
For me, it's a little early to scoreboard watch. I'll wait until the last game against the Browns. By then, we'll know if we are possibly going to the playoffs.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Browning to win 6 straight and for people to be questioning how the Bengals are in the playoffs and have no idea what to expect out of them, after winning 10 or 11 straight last year, the tiger is not dead
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine rooting for the Steelers to beat Indy, and then end up tied with the Steelers at the end of the season (say the Bengals lose to KC away) and the Steelers get in and the Bengals left out based on tiebreakers?

I don't have the heart to risk that. Not with 4 games yet to play and so much uncertain.

It may be that the betting play would be for the Steelers to win, based on Indy having the easier schedule. But look at all the major upsets the past few weeks. It's impossible to tell how the next few weeks will transpire with respect to the competition. For this reason, I am rooting for Indy tomorrow and hope that things work out so that have a two game lead on the Steelers when go to KC.
Reply/Quote
No one is saying folks need to shake Terrible Towels this weekend, but we need to get out of the "petty" mentality.

Pitt is not good. They should lose to us and BAL, hell at SEA is not going to be easy. Meanwhile, Indy plays a bunch of nobodies. Hell, we might even Indy to beat HOU at the end of the season.

You kinda got to make a choice. Are you more of a Bengal fan or a Steeler hater?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, we have the tie breaker over the Colts.

Correct. We want a Colts win
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No one is saying folks need to shake Terrible Towels this weekend, but we need to get out of the "petty" mentality.

Pitt is not good. They should lose to us and BAL, hell at SEA is not going to be easy. Meanwhile, Indy plays a bunch of nobodies. Hell, we might even Indy to beat HOU at the end of the season.

You kinda got to make a choice. Are you more of a Bengal fan or a Steeler hater?

I don’t have to do sh!t… . I’m petty? I’m good with that. I’m not calling you any names. But nothing will ever change how I feel about that “team”. If we need their help, we should have done better…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly..So we don't own a tie-breaker. We only have it if we're the only 2 tied. We lose about every other

Seriously? 

The tie-breakers are different for two teams and 3 or more. 

We own the TB vs Indy if it is a two team tie. But when a gaggle of teams are involved, it is different. The first thing that happens is you clear out multiple teams from the same division via division TBs. 

We lose those TBs to Pittsburgh, and so get eliminated early. We never even get to Indy. That is why you want Pitt to lose. They oise to Indy + we beat them & we have a 1 game cushion. 

If the Bills, Jags, & Colts are the teams we are tied with, we are golden. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 11:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why do we need KC and Dolphins to lose?

I agree with a Bfine. We can’t think week by week. Big picture is what matters in this numbers game. We need everyone in he hunt to lose. And we need the jags to fall into wildcard contention and hope Houston takes the division.

You asked a question and then answered it yourself. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly..So we don't own a tie-breaker. We only have it if we're the only 2 tied. We lose about every other

(12-16-2023, 03:18 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Seriously? 

The tie-breakers are different for two teams and 3 or more. 

We own the TB vs Indy if it is a two team tie. But when a gaggle of teams are involved, it is different. The first thing that happens is you clear out multiple teams from the same division via division TBs. 

We lose those TBs to Pittsburgh, and so get eliminated early. We never even get to Indy. That is why you want Pitt to lose. They oise to Indy + we beat them & we have a 1 game cushion. 

If the Bills, Jags, & Colts are the teams we are tied with, we are golden. 

You said the same thing I said 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:43 AM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t have to do sh!t… . I’m petty? I’m good with that. I’m not calling you any names. But nothing will ever change how I feel about that “team”. If we need their help, we should have done better…

I didn't call anyone anything. I said "WE need to get out of the petty THINKING". Hell, I included myself; as I don't WANT the Steelers to win. But I do know the fewer teams we're tied with at the end of the year, the better our chances of getting in the playoffs. 

There's only one way we can assure we end the season with a better record than both Indy and PIT and that's if PIT beats Indy. 

My intention was not to rile folks up

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/12/14/23998502/bengals-rooting-guide-afc-playoff-picture-week-15-2023nfl-playoffs
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 01:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/12/14/23998502/bengals-rooting-guide-afc-playoff-picture-week-15-2023nfl-playoffs

Seems these guys think Colts over Steelers as well but I also saw Goodberry tweet we want Steelers over Colts.  All im getting is it must be pretty much a tossup so ill default to cheering against the scumbags.  WHO DEY!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 06:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I saw if we win as well as the Colts and Lions we will be the 6th seed going into next weekend. All these games are on Saturday as well. Gotta win ours though that's the most important.

Side note: the Raiders that just beat the Chargers 63-14 lost to the Vikings 3-0. Not sure that means exactly that the Vikings are a tough defense. But definitely shocking.

Broncos fan here. From what we saw a few weeks ago, the Vikes definitely have a premier defense. Their D kept them in our game right down to the end.  But I wouldn't put too much stock into the Thursday night debacle. The feeling around here is that Staley lost control of the team and that a number of players gave minimal effort, just to be rid of him and their GM. The opposite seems to be true for the Raiders.

As far as Denver's chances tonight are concerned, it's hard to tell. As a general rule, the Broncos don't do their best on artificial turf or in domed stadiums (with Dallas being the exception for some mysterious reason), and the pass rush may suffer tonight with Nik Bonitto being inactive. It's also our third straight road contest, which tends to wear teams down.  On the other hand, the team is on kind of a roll, and the Lions have been pretty inconsistent in the last month, so who knows?

Good luck to you guys, especially vs KC on New Year's Eve.          
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know it's hard, but I think we gotta root for the Steelers

No thanks. I take Pitt losing out. Get them completely out of the picture. I think the Colts still have at least one more loss in their last 3 in them.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:04 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Broncos fan here. From what we saw a few weeks ago, the Vikes definitely have a premier defense. Their D kept them in our game right down to the end.  But I wouldn't put too much stock into the Thursday night debacle. The feeling around here is that Staley lost control of the team and that a number of players gave minimal effort, just to be rid of him and their GM. The opposite seems to be true for the Raiders.

As far as Denver's chances tonight are concerned, it's hard to tell. As a general rule, the Broncos don't do their best on artificial turf or in domed stadiums (with Dallas being the exception for some mysterious reason), and the pass rush may suffer tonight with Nik Bonitto being inactive. It's also our third straight road contest, which tends to wear teams down.  On the other hand, the team is on kind of a roll, and the Lions have been pretty inconsistent in the last month, so who knows?

My gut feeling is the Broncos are the main team that can keep the Bengals out of the playoffs. I did a bunch of simulations and the Bengals need to be ahead of Denver to get in under the most realistic game results. 

Don't take it personally if i don't wish you luck Wink as your luck is our...not luck.  Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No thanks. I take Pitt losing out. Get them completely out of the picture. I think the Colts still have at least one more loss in their last 3 in them.

Indy has ATL, HOU, LVR remaining with the 2 AFC games at home. 

PIT has CIN, SEA, BAL with us being the only home game. 

There's a chance Indy loses one more after today, but it's more likely the Steelers will. 

As I've always said: I hate the Steelers, but I love the Bengals more. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My gut feeling is the Broncos are the main team that can keep the Bengals out of the playoffs. I did a bunch of simulations and the Bengals need to be ahead of Denver to get in under the most realistic game results. 

Don't take it personally if i don't wish you luck Wink as your luck is our...not luck.  Big Grin

It all good.  Hey, we're just happy to be watching meaningful games after that miserable 1-5 start and the 70-point humiliation in Miami. It's been a long drought here (all the way back to SB 50) since we've had any sniff of the playoffs this time of year.

We expect the Detroit game to be tough, but from a playoff calculator standpoint, it's the least important. After that, Denver has the Patriots and Chargers both at home, before the final week at Vegas. Our math is simple, though. Win 3 of the 4 and there's nearly a 90% chance of playoffs. (Closer to 95% if the 3 wins are in the AFC.) Lose any 2 of those and our chances drop to less than 20%.    
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:04 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Broncos fan here. From what we saw a few weeks ago, the Vikes definitely have a premier defense. Their D kept them in our game right down to the end.  But I wouldn't put too much stock into the Thursday night debacle. The feeling around here is that Staley lost control of the team and that a number of players gave minimal effort, just to be rid of him and their GM. The opposite seems to be true for the Raiders.

We are glad to have you here but we need you to lose tonight. We need Russ to cook up some dubious food. Is there a situation where we both can make it.
[Image: Dubious_Food_-_TotK_icon.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 06:24 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: !!!! Bengals over Vikings

••• Colts over Steelers
••• Lions over Broncos
••• Patriots over Chiefs
••• Jets over Dolphins
••• Titans over Texans
••• Bears over Browns
••• Cowboys over Bills
••• Ravens over Jags

Obviously we gotta take care of business first.

Steelers up 13-0 on Colts already.  Sick
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote