Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Bengals Will Need A New Stadium
Depends on what city they moved to. Portland... definitely not. San Antonio...maybe. Covington or Florence or Louisville....absolutely.
(04-12-2022, 01:06 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: An honest question here, I know franchises move from one major city to another every now and again, but would you still support the Bengals if they moved to say Portland ??  Have other teams fans carried on supporting even though they're hundreds possibly thousands of miles away ??  Even though I will watch any game that is on purely because I love the sport I couldn't support any other team other than the Bengals just because they were the ones that floated my boat when football came into my life. The mere thought of soccer teams moving cities over here would cause absolute pandemonium. LP

That's a tough question. I've never had a team move that I followed.

But, I'm not from Cincy so I guess their location doesn't really matter to me. But, I'd MUCH rather have them stay.

Now, if they still sucked and didn't have Burrow and a bright future and they left...maybe I'd consider switching. I don't know.
(04-12-2022, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: All you need to know about Mike and the stadium as far as money hungry goes, he has refused naming rights numerous times to keep it Paul Brown Stadium. Unless they sell, I don't see the Bengals leaving.

Yes and the irony always was he didn't care about the past or however you want to put it (player wise/ring of honor). But he refused huge $$$$ to keep dads name on stadium.

Is it possible to just put a roof on PBS ? I don't give a crap about the old football is meant to be played in the weather blah,blah. This isn't 1975, give me the comfort. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I made a post awhile back saying I’d prefer they keep PBS, continue to upgrade it, build a legacy worthy of its namesake. Burrow and the boys win some SBs and one day PBS may be called “Historic Paul Brown Stadium”. Has a nice ring to it in my opinion!
Being that we're going to build a temporary practice facility and then a permanent one, I highly doubt that we leave.

Also, the history here is just too great.

Building a stadium in Covington or even Florence or somewhere else in Northern Kentucky would be pretty nice, but I don't see it happening.

I think it would just be better to upgrade Paul Brown stadium if that's possible. I can see maybe televisions in the back of seats so the people behind you can watch other games or, in the case of seats that are higher up, they'd get a better view of the game while still having the feel of being at the game.

For lower seats, people could watch other games between plays, after quarters, timeouts, etc, or even just highlights to keep them entertained.

I don't know if that would even be possible or even cost-efficient, but it might be good to look into.

Maybe restaurants or bars in some open spots in the stadium.

I'm torn on the dome overhead, even if it's retractable, but I guess it is in the passing era and, especially having Burrow, the game isn't as much of a "who's tougher, especially in the elements," league.
To add to my last post, especially about the TVs on the backs of chairs, since they just legalized sports betting in Ohio, partner with Hard Rock to have them pay for the televisions but also make it so that people can place sports bets from their seats.
(04-12-2022, 04:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Being that we're going to build a temporary practice facility and then a permanent one, I highly doubt that we leave.

Also, the history here is just too great.

Building a stadium in Covington or even Florence or somewhere else in Northern Kentucky would be pretty nice, but I don't see it happening.

I think it would just be better to upgrade Paul Brown stadium if that's possible. I can see maybe televisions in the back of seats so the people behind you can watch other games or, in the case of seats that are higher up, they'd get a better view of the game while still having the feel of being at the game.

For lower seats, people could watch other games between plays, after quarters, timeouts, etc, or even just highlights to keep them entertained.

I don't know if that would even be possible or even cost-efficient, but it might be good to look into.

Maybe restaurants or bars in some open spots in the stadium.

I'm torn on the dome overhead, even if it's retractable, but I guess it is in the passing era and, especially having Burrow, the game isn't as much of a "who's tougher, especially in the elements," league.

Also, I think having a kicker like Shooter, once he figures out the PBS winds, I think is a distinct advantage to have other teams kickers (especially dome kickers) come in and try to kick in PBS.
(04-12-2022, 08:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wrong, I want a retractable roof so nice weather it is open and bad weather it can be closed. As a long time season ticket holder prior to moving to Florida, I hated games outside that were less than 30 degrees and felt like 10 degrees with high winds. My guess is you watch games from your couch all or most of the time, if so please don't speak for season ticket holders and for ALL FANS.

Will they do it? They may not, but would be great for downtown business if they did so they could add events year round to the stadium and grb huge events like a Super Bowl, final 4 in basketball and also have an indoor practice field when needed on site.

One of the biggest reasons I've never been to a pro football game is weather..and oh yeah..money. Still, I vividly recall Jr High and being forced to sit in the bleachers for some dumb shit in freezing windy weather dressed in spring attire.. I'll be damned if I'll ever pay to do such silliness while those on the field get paid millions.. Maybe if they PAID me to sit there and freeze I MIGHT think differently, but to ask me to pay to do it? Shit!  Cool I wouldn't pay to stand in line if they were giving away free puzzy on the side.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(04-12-2022, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true, but just as many fans enjoy football played in the mud and snow and elements. (yes, I know we have turf)
Personally, I would prefer to be inside (but not in a warehouse looking thing like they have in Indy), but know that's not really AFCN football.

Many fans prefer the mud and snow as long as they can sit on their couch and watch if from a comfy 70 degrees.
This discussion sure confirms why Montana has but 1.1 million people as the 4th largest state.
(04-12-2022, 02:33 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see it as a possibility to build a new state of the art stadium. Maybe with a roof and other amenities. Politicians like to spend other people's money so why not? Personally, I don't like rainy or cold games. I'm game for a new stadium.

Tiger

The groundwork is being laid for Hamilton County to make some decisions and the Bengals to possibly ensure concessions. Its a fire that will only get bigger as the estimates came out today with the over time renovations. At the end of the day people like to be associated with winners and the time is now right for negotiations and the Bengals know it. The price tag is heavy coin but my guess is that they come to an agreement. The Bengals just went to the SB and I haven't yet watched a replay of the game.
(04-12-2022, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true, but just as many fans enjoy football played in the mud and snow and elements. (yes, I know we have turf)
Personally, I would prefer to be inside (but not in a warehouse looking thing like they have in Indy), but know that's not really AFCN football.

I would say if you ask 10 normal people (not hardcore fans) if they would rather watch a game in the middle of winter in 70 degree weather, or bone shivering cold, you are gonna get a lot more of the former than the latter. Hardcore fans are great and all, but the casual viewer is the one who makes up most of the viewership. 
I remember when I was in high school I played both ways and I did not mind cold weather games that much.

In college I just stood on the sidelines and froze my ass off.  There is nothing warm about a football uniform.  So I hated cold weather games.

As others have said.  Fans might enjoy watching a game played in bad weather, but not if they are also in the bad weather.  I remember when I went to the Chargers playoff game in '14.  There was a huge, bad winter storm predicted so I dress for freezing conditions.  But my seat was in the sun and it was actually decent weather for a game.  But the rain and snow came after the game when I had a 4 hour drive home.
(04-27-2022, 08:36 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I would say if you ask 10 normal people (not hardcore fans) if they would rather watch a game in the middle of winter in 70 degree weather, or bone shivering cold, you are gonna get a lot more of the former than the latter. Hardcore fans are great and all, but the casual viewer is the one who makes up most of the viewership. 

Almost as bad as the myth making about war always pitched to young men and boys..The glory of laying in freezing cold mud with bombs exploding all around you as you starve and have rats chew on your boots! HOORAH!  I remember falling for that nonsense as a kid too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

We're still paying for PBS (and Great American). I personally DO NOT want to be taxed yet again for ANOTHER new stadium.

I don't see the Brown family dipping into that well again given how contentious the last go round was in getting PBS built. That would just send bad "juju" to a team that's riding high (and probably will ride that wave for several more years).
There is nothing wrong with PBS that upgrades couldn't take care of.

I'm in Toronto, and the Skydome has been a piece of crap since it opened. There is nothing worse than going to a Jays game with the roof closed. Taxpayers built that stadium ($650mil in 1989, sold for $25mil in the early 2000s), and it will never happen again. (There is more than enough private money out there to build stadiums). The Blue Jays are spending hundreds of millions on upgrades instead of building a new stadium at this time. Which is the right move.

I absolutely hate dome stadiums for live sports.
As quick as we are to vote YES for a tax to raise money for a new stadium, we need to tie that tax to a matching tax for Hamilton County schools.
Bengals just need to worry about this SB window of opportunity they're square in the middle of and let the stadium worry about itself.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(04-12-2022, 12:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Its going to be Renovated for the world cup in 2026 at the very least. No it won't be a dome!

Well that renovation would have to include Natural Grass
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Cigar