Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Without Burrow Look Historically Awful
Here’s why I’m still pissed off after Sunday’s debacle against Washington:

Joe Burrow took every snap all season until his knee snapped. Once he was out of the game the true character of the Cincinnati Bengals revealed itself: None. No fight. No pride. No will to win. Sheer incompetence.

Basically, Joe’s play covered up many sins on the offense. Like Andy Dalton before him, Joe began to get the ball out increasingly faster thereby masking the continued incompetence of the offensive line. Zac Taylor insisted on making his “bell cow quarterback,” to use Mikey Boy’s term, throw 50+ passes almost every game thereby masking one of the worst rushing attacks the NFL has ever seen. Only rarely did Joe have time to set his feet, scan the field, and complete a long pass like he did at LSU. Zac abandoned the run game in every game.

Joe’s rookie stats were very impressive but individual stats don’t mean a thing if the team continues to lose. With a horrible supporting cast and abysmal coaching Joe will be lumped in with the likes of Archie Manning and OJ Simpson: Great players on a horrible team who never won a championship.

I hope the Front Office heard Joe Burrow’s knee snap. I hope that sound haunts them for the rest of their lives. Jim Turner should have been fired about three nanoseconds after Joe was injured. Now the Bengals are screwed completely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote