Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals and Lions are locked in an 3 decade battle...
The Bengals and Lions are locked in an EPIC 3 decade battle...for WORST RECORD in the NFL over the last 30 years. (1991-to present). (Expansion Teams are excluded from this.)

Note: The Bengals record also coincides to the passing of the great Paul Brown (Aug 5, 1991) and modern free agency which started around 1992.

As of now, we're half a game worse than the Lions!

Bengals Record:
190-282-4

Lions Record:
192-283-1

Cardinals Record
196-278-2

Redskins Record:
205-268-2
Reply/Quote
So your saying we are victorious at something? See what I did there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:43 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: So your saying we are victorious at something?  See what I did there.

We're winners at losing over the last 30 years!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're winners at losing over the last 30 years!

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
If you look at our entire history there are actually 6 teams with lower winning percentages than the Bengals since 1968.

Jets
Jags
Cards
Browns
Lions
Bucs

I am in no way saying this is anything to celebrate. I just don't believe in cherry picking a date in order to inflate my claim of victimhood.
Reply/Quote
In a lot of ways, the Bengals and Lions are like twins separated at birth.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you look at our entire history there are actually 6 teams with lower winning percentages than the Bengals since 1968.

Jets
Jags
Cards
Browns
Lions
Bucs

I am in no way saying this is anything to celebrate.  I just don't believe in cherry picking a date in order to inflate my claim of victimhood.

Cherry picking a date implies that OP selected a date with no relevance, only to paint a picture.

For anyone that has actually followed this team throughout these years knows that isn't the case.  Mike Brown, our current owner, took over exactly 30 years ago.  This timefrime has a lot of meaning behind it.

You know what?  I'm getting real sick and tied of you calling legitimate fans of this team, many people who actually live here and financially support this franchise, things like babies, or squeelers, or drama queens, or whatever other insult you come up with.

These past two years have been absolute horrible.  The 30 years under Mike Brown, as a whole, have been absolutely horrible.  If people want to vent then let them.  The overwhelming majoirty of complaints (you call them squeeling) are completely justified.  It's absolute BS you mock people for voicing their frustations.

Who do you think you are?  For those reading this far, know that the guy I'm repsonding to, who has 30k+ posts, doesn't even watch most of these games.  He's admitted it.  He only actually watches the team when they're picked up in Tennessee (not often).  He claims to listen to Lapham and Hoard on ESPN Radio, but I'm not even sure that's possible either.

So know that.  Know that the guy who mocks others on how to be a fan doesn't even watch the team he's on here arguing about.  He looks at stats.  If you actually watch the games then you're way ahead of him in support.  He doesn't pay property taxes in Hamilton County, he doesn't pay sales tax in Hamilton County, he's never had season tickets.  None of that. If you reference a specific play he can't have a debate because he didn't even see it.

He's a blowhard that gets on JN with info that anyone can gain from knowing how to use Google.  And because he likes to argue he uses anything he can find to do that.  This guy is a total fraud.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Cherry picking a date implies that OP selected a date with no relevance, only to paint a picture.

For anyone that has actually followed this team throughout these years knows that isn't the case.  Mike Brown, our current owner, took over exactly 30 years ago.  This timefrime has a lot of meaning behind it.

You know what?  I'm getting real sick and tied of you calling legitimate fans of this team, many people who actually live here and financially support this franchise, things like babies, or squeelers, or drama queens, or whatever other insult you come up with.

These past two years have been absolute horrible.  The 30 years under Mike Brown, as a whole, have been absolutely horrible.  If people want to vent then let them.  The overwhelming majoirty of complaints (you call them squeeling) are completely justified.  It's absolute BS you mock people for voicing their frustations.

Who do you think you are?  For those reading this far, know that the guy I'm repsonding to, who has 30k+ posts, doesn't even watch most of these games.  He's admitted it.  He only actually watches the team when they're picked up in Tennessee (not often).  He claims to listen to Lapham and Hoard on ESPN Radio, but I'm not even sure that's possible either.

So know that.  Know that the guy who mocks others on how to be a fan doesn't even watch the team he's on here arguing about.  He looks at stats.  If you actually watch the games then you're way ahead of him in support.  He doesn't pay property taxes in Hamilton County, he doesn't pay sales tax in Hamilton County, he's never had season tickets.  None of that.  If you reference a specific play he can't have a debate because he didn't even see it.

He's a blowhard that gets on JN with info that anyone can gain from knowing how to use Google.  And because he likes to argue he uses anything he can find to do that.  This guy is a total fraud.

REP

The guy who's the king of cherry picking calling someone else a cherry picker. HA
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Cherry picking a date implies that OP selected a date with no relevance, only to paint a picture.

So know that.  Know that the guy who mocks others on how to be a fan doesn't even watch the team he's on here arguing about.  He looks at stats.  If you actually watch the games then you're way ahead of him in support.  He doesn't pay property taxes in Hamilton County, he doesn't pay sales tax in Hamilton County, he's never had season tickets.  None of that.  If you reference a specific play he can't have a debate because he didn't even see it.

CryCryCryCryCryCry

You know what I have heard over the years from people who watch every game?

Andrew Whitworth can't handle speed rushers and needs to be moved back to Guard.

Leon Hall is too slow to play CB and should be moved to safety.

Domata Peko is garbage and the fact that the Bengals keep starting him is proof they don't care about winning.

AJ McCarron is a better QB than Andy Dalton.

Bustin Smith was a waste of a first round pick and would not even start for many NFL teams.

Christain Westerman and Fred Johnson are stud O-linemen.  

Dezmon Briscoe and Chase Coffman would be good players on any team other the the Bengals.

So now I challenge you to prove how much knowledge you have gained from watching every game.  Tell me how many pressures/sacks Bobby Hart has allowed this year.  Also tell me how that ranks among all starting OTs in the league.  Tell me specifically which OTs are better and which are worse.

The fact that you watch every game does not mean shit.   You form an opinion and then see what you want to see.

You are the one who is a fraud for claiming you know everything about the NFL just because you watch every Bengals game.

And I am getting a little tired of you trying to turn every thread into a personal attack against me.  When I disagree with someone's position I post facts to back it up.  If you can't handle that then stay off of message boards.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: REP

The guy who's the king of cherry picking calling someone else a cherry picker. HA

Yep...Toast cherry picks what suits his narrative, like seven playoff games( mostly wildcard games and all one and done ) but glosses over the part of nearly 30 seasons without a playoff win. Here's a stat to look up: We are in a 4 team division, with parity in the NFL, logic would dictate that the Bengals would be AFC North Champions 25% of the time or once every 4 seasons. How many times have we achieved that since going to a 4 team division?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals and Lions are locked in an EPIC 3 decade battle...for WORST RECORD in the NFL over the last 30 years. (1991-to present). (Expansion Teams are excluded from this.)

Note: The Bengals record also coincides to the passing of the great Paul Brown (Aug 5, 1991) and modern free agency which started around 1992.

As of now, we're half a game worse than the Lions!

Bengals Record:
190-282-4

Lions Record:
192-283-1

Cardinals Record
196-278-2

Redskins Record:
205-268-2

Back on topic. When will this decades long battle end is the real question? Some of us have spent our entire adult lives rooting for this franchise only to be let down year after year. Will the Bengals ever get their shit together ?
Reply/Quote
Is this the part where we're supposed to be surprised? LoL. We had the "distinction" of having the worst decade of any sports franchise until the Matt Millen era and 0-16 in Detroit. Thanks Lions! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Back on topic. When will this decades long battle end is the real question? Some of us have spent our entire adult lives rooting for this franchise only to be let down year after year. Will the Bengals ever get their shit together ?

They somewhat had it together until 1991. They were in the playoff hunt several times in the 70s, but there weren't very many spots to be had in those days. They obviously went to a couple of SBs in the 80s....where they took the Patriots of the day to the wire both times. The 9ers beat the absolute shit out of everyone else they faced back then. 

This is SOLELY on Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote

Correct! The 30 years coincides to the current ownership of the Bengals therefore is relevant. The same ownership that fans are expecting to fix the offensive and defensive lines this offseason, hire capable coaches, etc. The same ownership that refused to hire a GM. Refused to hire scouts up to league average. Refused to build a practice bubble.

Heck, by any stretch this franchise is a bottom tier franchise. In their entire franchise history they're won 5 playoff games total. 5!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: They somewhat had it together until 1991. They were in the playoff hunt several times in the 70s, but there weren't very many spots to be had in those days. They obviously went to a couple of SBs in the 80s....where they took the Patriots of the day to the wire both times. The 9ers beat the absolute shit out of everyone else they faced back then. 

This is SOLELY on Mike Brown.

You will get no argument from me. Those days are so long ago I can hardly remember them.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:58 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Yep...Toast cherry picks what suits his narrative, like seven playoff games( mostly wildcard games and all one and done ) but glosses over the part of nearly 30 seasons without a playoff win. Here's a stat to look up: We are in a 4 team division, with parity in the NFL, logic would dictate that the Bengals would be AFC North Champions 25% of the time or once every 4 seasons. How many times have we achieved that since going to a 4 team division?

Indeed. In a league with parity...the Bengals and Lions are outliers.

Most teams have won 5+ playoff games since we last did. And some 2/3 of the league have played in a SB since we last won a playoff game.

Defies odds. The Lions are basically just as bad over the past 30 years too. Misery loves company I guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:06 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You will get no argument from me. Those days are so long ago I can hardly remember them.

I'm hearing you man.... I don't recall the first SB, I was 6....lol. I still vividly remember a lot of the 2nd one though. That one still stings.

Reply/Quote
I don’t dislike anyone here, but I find it difficult to believe someone who says Hart is a fine OT or he has had a good year. Probably the most career defining play of Hart was on Sunday where he didn’t even lay a finger on a defender lined up over him on a pass play. That one play defines Harts career. Just awful.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Back on topic. When will this decades long battle end is the real question? Some of us have spent our entire adult lives rooting for this franchise only to be let down year after year. Will the Bengals ever get their shit together ?

Man that's a good question. Teams like the Ravens and Steelers have 2 to 3 times as many player personnel staff as us. They have GM's.

The Steelers and Pitt have an insanely nice practice facility.

The Steelers hire good coaches.

Despite drafting below us, they seem to develop players. Even without Roethlisberger, they went 8-8 last year.

I guarantee you that the Steelers management wouldn't be thinking about what to do with a 4-23-1 HC. To the Bengals, it's a real debate.

Team culture starts at the top. Taylor, while a failure of a HC is more of a symptom of the problem and that is that this team tolerates mediocrity. Now, after 30 years of mediocrity, it's almost impossible to change it and implement a winning culture that will last decades.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t dislike anyone here, but I find it difficult to believe someone who says Hart is a fine OT or he has had a good year. Probably the most career defining play of Hart was on Sunday where he didn’t even lay a finger on a defender lined up over him on a pass play. That one play defines Harts career. Just awful.

At least you don't have my good fortune of watching Hart play for your college AND pro team.... Sick

Reply/Quote