Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals are 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs
The Bengals are 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs with a Divisional round victory in 1982 and an AFC Championship win in 1989.
Both home games.

Let's make it 3 times. Who Dey
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Bengals are 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs with a Divisional round victory in 1982 and an AFC Championship win in 1989.
Both home games.

Let's make it 3 times.  Who Dey

let the body count continue ..I dont recall who was QB in 82...maybe JOe ferguson? 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:39 AM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe JOe ferguson? 

Turd Ferguson Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was at the ‘’82 game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this sounds crazy, but I actually feel much better about this upcoming game than I did about the Ravens game.

That may be because the expectations are reversed. If we lost to Baltimore, we'd be "frauds" and "embarrassed" and people would call our run last year "lucky" (granted, they already do that, but it would only reinforce that belief).

If we lose to Buffalo, as long as we're not knocked on our ass (Which we shouldn't be, considering we were driving to go up 14-3 against them a few weeks ago), I think the collective NFL world will say "good game, Cincinnati, but it's Buffalo's year).

So I'm coming into this game thinking "If we win, amazing. If we lose (as long as we don't get blown out), that doesn't dim our bulb in any way."

I also think playing against divisional opponents in the playoffs is just different. The Ravens know us so well (plus they have a top 3 defense in the NFL), it's hard to run away from them even when they have a back up QB.
Reply/Quote
I think that you guys pull off this game and come see us next week. My only reservation is that Carl Cheffers is officiating your game vs the Bills, so someone is going to get hosed big time. Like Travis Kelce once said, That man shouldn't even be allowed to work at a Foot Locker.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this sounds crazy, but I actually feel much better about this upcoming game than I did about the Ravens game.

That may be because the expectations are reversed. If we lost to Baltimore, we'd be "frauds" and "embarrassed" and people would call our run last year "lucky" (granted, they already do that, but it would only reinforce that belief).

If we lose to Buffalo, as long as we're not knocked on our ass (Which we shouldn't be, considering we were driving to go up 14-3 against them a few weeks ago), I think the collective NFL world will say "good game, Cincinnati, but it's Buffalo's year).

So I'm coming into this game thinking "If we win, amazing. If we lose (as long as we don't get blown out), that doesn't dim our bulb in any way."

I also think playing against divisional opponents in the playoffs is just different. The Ravens know us so well (plus they have a top 3 defense in the NFL), it's hard to run away from them even when they have a back up QB.

I thought we would win by more than we did against the Ratbirds but I agree, I do feel much better about this game versus
the Bills than I did about that one. Harbaugh's teams always play better in the Playoffs and the Super Bowl, plus as you say 
they know us better than about anyone. I didn't expect Huntley to play as well as he did, he played very well and they still 
couldn't beat us. 

Great times, if we lose on Sunday fair and square and as you say it isn't a beat down but more of what I expect, the team
that scores TD's and not FG's and the team that has the ball last wins I am all good. 

(01-18-2023, 01:29 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: I think that you guys pull off this game and come see us next week. My only reservation is that Carl Cheffers is officiating your game vs the Bills, so someone is going to get hosed big time. Like Travis Kelce once said, That man shouldn't even be allowed to work at a Foot Locker.

My main concern going into this game is definitely Cheffers, agree with Travis, dude is a terrible ref.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this sounds crazy, but I actually feel much better about this upcoming game than I did about the Ravens game.

We loss still a step back from last year performance... will be disappointing especially since Bills seem to not be playing as well as they were last year at this time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My main concern going into this game is definitely Cheffers, agree with Travis, dude is a terrible ref.

Hate when refs are blamed, but I'll allow it when either Carl Cheffers or Clete Blakeman are involved, just absolutely horrible. I'm honestly astonished either of them are still employed by the league. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 06:28 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Hate when refs are blamed, but I'll allow it when either Carl Cheffers or Clete Blakeman are involved, just absolutely horrible. I'm honestly astonished either of them are still employed by the league. 

Boger is pretty bad too. Wish the league would hire full time refs that are accountable for their job.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Fm2qJyvXoAAjCdp?format=jpg&name=medium]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boger is pretty bad too. Wish the league would hire full time refs that are accountable for their job.

Reminds me of that mic'd up game and Chad Johnson was talking to Carson Palmer about the DBs 

"Man, they all suck, man"
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boger is pretty bad too. Wish the league would hire full time refs that are accountable for their job.

Exactly, I wouldnt be surprised if the refs got side deals.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 01:01 PM)Destro Wrote: Reminds me of that mic'd up game and Chad Johnson was talking to Carson Palmer about the DBs 

"Man, they all suck, man"

Love Chad man, LMAO!  Hilarious

(01-21-2023, 02:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Exactly, I wouldnt be surprised if the refs got side deals.

Well, it made me feel better when I saw the penalty totals in all those Bills games. They had more penalties by quite a bit than the 
teams they beat. So, it might not be the conspiracy we all think, but these are some bad refs that are mentioned that I hope if the 
NFL does the right thing and hires fulltime referees these guys are left out. They need to be the best if this does happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 04:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We loss still a step back from last year performance... will be disappointing especially since Bills seem to not be playing as well as they were last year at this time

When you go to the Super Bowl, win or lose, a step back the next season is the most probable situation. The Bengals haven't really stepped back, unlike the Rams, who won then imploded. Win or lose,I am happy with the way this season turned out. Rember all the "this team is a 6 win max comments?"
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When you go to the Super Bowl, win or lose, a step back the next season is the most probable situation. The Bengals haven't really stepped back, unlike the Rams, who won then imploded. Win or lose,I am happy with the way this season turned out. Rember all the "this team is a 6 win max comments?"

For sure, I guess if we lose tomorrow, we can say at least we didn't have AS BAD of a SB hangover as most all teams do.

Still, this is the time to take it all with these players. We should lose quite a few of them in the Offseason, let's get'er done. Wink
Reply/Quote