Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals are still in a good position
Dalton getting hurt today was a big loss, but I think that this team can win at least 2 out of the next 3 games. McCarron didn't look that bad for his first actual game, and the defense only really gave up 19 points against a strong Pittsburgh offense. I think when McCarron has a full week of practice, and Eifert out on the field the offense will be fine. The secondary will be a lot better with Adam Jones back too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It isn't about getting to the playoffs anymore, its about WINNING in the playoffs. Sure McCarron is alright, and he may even win a playoff game but do you really think he can win a superbowl with his lack of experience?

Maybe with a few years under his belt I would be more confident but as of now I have lost all faith in this team accomplishing what we want it to.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It isn't about getting to the playoffs anymore, its about WINNING in the playoffs. Sure McCarron is alright, and he may even win a playoff game but do you really think he can win a superbowl with his lack of experience?

Maybe with a few years under his belt I would be more confident but as of now I have lost all faith in this team accomplishing what we want it to.

Tom Brady won a Super Bowl being in the same position. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:47 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Tom Brady won a Super Bowl being in the same position. Just saying.

Yep. We can only hope McCarron does the same.. Trust me, I would love it, I would love for McCarron to do it... its just hard to see today.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It isn't about getting to the playoffs anymore, its about WINNING in the playoffs. Sure McCarron is alright, and he may even win a playoff game but do you really think he can win a superbowl with his lack of experience?

You never know. Dalton could be back for the playoffs, and even if he's not we still have a good team. It's not like McCarron went out there and look horrible either. With the players around him we should still have a chance. It's not like there's a lot of great teams in the AFC or even the NFL this year. Denver has their 2nd string QB in there, but that's an automatic loss? This team still has a dominate defense, and a good offense. But I guess you're right. There's never been a team like the 2012 Ravens or 2007/2011 Giants that no one thought they had a chance winning.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:47 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Tom Brady won a Super Bowl being in the same position. Just saying.

Brady is also the best quarterback to ever play in the NFL.  A once in a lifetime draft steal... we can hope, but the chances are so incredibly slim.  Not to mention Brady had almost an entire season to really grasp the offense and learn to play.  McCarron has three weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You never know. Dalton could be back for the playoffs, and even if he's not we still have a good team. It's not like McCarron went out there and look horrible either. With the players around him we should still have a chance. It's not like there's a lot of great teams in the AFC or even the NFL this year. Denver has their 2nd string QB in there, but that's an automatic loss? This team still has a dominate defense, and a good offense. But I guess you're right. There's never been a team like the 2012 Ravens or 2007/2011 Giants that no one thought they had a chance winning.

Whatever makes you feel happier about the condition this team is in. Sure, we can pull it off. If you think McCarron can go into Foxborough and win lemme know.
Reply/Quote
Of course we're in a good position. 10-3 with the 49ers ahead. Yep
Reply/Quote
I had a fracture in my pinky when I was younger. 5 weeks healing time.
Reply/Quote
We have been lucky to be injury free this long. Most of the teams in the playoff hunt have had serious injuries, just look at the Pats, Panters, Steelers etc. The mark of a good team is to battle through, we have 10 wins locked, and should be able to get at least another 2 without Dalton.

Besides, you never know, there isn't much expectation on McCarron's shoulders. He may come in and tear it up!

Reply/Quote
A thumb injury is much worse than a pinky. Try just doing simple tasks like dressing yourself or eating without a thumb...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:55 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: We have been lucky to be injury free this long. Most of the teams in the playoff hunt have had serious injuries, just look at the Pats, Panters, Steelers etc. The mark of a good team is to battle through, we have 10 wins locked, and should be able to get at least another 2 without Dalton.

Besides, you never know, there isn't much expectation on McCarron's shoulders. He may come in and tear it up!

Injuries are one thing, injuries to your QB are a whole nother thing......
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:51 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote:
Brady is also the best quarterback to ever play in the NFL.
  A once in a lifetime draft steal... we can hope, but the chances are so incredibly slim.  Not to mention Brady had almost an entire season to really grasp the offense and learn to play.  McCarron has three weeks.

No he's not, but he's also not the first backup QB to win a Super Bowl.

Griese
Hostetler
Williams
Warner
Brady
Reply/Quote
The pressure is off the Bengals shoulders, this time the pundits would give them an "excuse" for losing in the first round. Ironically, that lack of pressure might be what they need to win. And we never know, AJ's preseason seemed to light a little fire under Dalton. Maybe if AJ plays well, it can kick Andy into overdrive if he comes back for the playoffs at some reasonable playing percentage.

Now, we do get a small glimpse into whether Dalton has been playing lights out, or if his team is lights out - if AJ succeeds, there will be a couple questions asked by someone out there, for sure.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The pressure is off the Bengals shoulders, this time the pundits would give them an "excuse" for losing in the first round. Ironically, that lack of pressure might be what they need to win. And we never know, AJ's preseason seemed to light a little fire under Dalton. Maybe if AJ plays well, it can kick Andy into overdrive if he comes back for the playoffs at some reasonable playing percentage.

Now, we do get a small glimpse into whether Dalton has been playing lights out, or if his team is lights out - if AJ succeeds, there will be a couple questions asked by someone out there, for sure.

If AJ freaking McCarron runs the table and wins the SB the biggest problem we would have is which QB to trade to turn the rest of the team into a juggernaut.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The pressure is off the Bengals shoulders, this time the pundits would give them an "excuse" for losing in the first round. Ironically, that lack of pressure might be what they need to win. And we never know, AJ's preseason seemed to light a little fire under Dalton. Maybe if AJ plays well, it can kick Andy into overdrive if he comes back for the playoffs at some reasonable playing percentage.

Agreed 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No he's not, but he's also not the first backup QB to win a Super Bowl.

Griese
Hostetler
Williams
Warner
Brady
I assume you would agree that Brady is at least in the top three?  That is, if he stopped playing today... he is still playing at an extremely high level though, so that is not going to happen.

Griese was the starter at the beginning of the season, then was injured.  I don't really count that as a backup.  He is in the Hall of Fame, Brady is a certain first ballot, and good chance Warner makes it as well.  We can hope that McCarron is a future Hall of Famer, but the chances are slim.  Also, I like the pick when he was drafted.  Just saying it is a slim possibility.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I assume you would agree that Brady is at least in the top three?  That is, if he stopped playing today... he is still playing at an extremely high level though, so that is not going to happen.

Griese was the starter at the beginning of the season, then was injured. 
I don't really count that as a backup.  He is in the Hall of Fame, Brady is a certain first ballot, and good chance Warner makes it as well.  We can hope that McCarron is a future Hall of Famer, but the chances are slim.  Also, I like the pick when he was drafted.  Just saying it is a slim possibility.

Sure about that?  I thought Earl Morral was the starter from the get go.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:01 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A thumb injury is much worse than a pinky.  Try just doing simple tasks like dressing yourself or eating without a thumb...

Maybe they can bring the NY Giants Jason Pierre-Paul in for some special training!!! Ninja

#fireworks Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Logan Thomas lost in the playoffs to a team with a losing record, a team that was also in the same position. Just saying.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote