Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals aren't the only team
The Saints were hosed by the refs. Two penalties, PI and helmet to helmet. The NFL was going to get LA -Pats no matter what. It makes you wonder why the fans even bother being so invested in their teams.
Reply/Quote
I definitely think the NFL needs LA to succeed... they have a lot invested in that market.
I kind of agree with you. Unless you're one of the "chosen" teams, why bother?
Reply/Quote
But wait..Aren't these all just conspiracy theories made to fan the flames of discontent? There's no such thing as dishonesty in football. Don't they all have to take vows of honestly before ever being allowed to play or be involved in the game? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really have 0 sympathy for the Saints.

I watched the game for about 10 minutes and heard whistles blowing constantly. I had flashbacks on the World Cup vuvuzelas, and turned that shit right off.

Don't tell me that it was just one guy, I realize he's a thing, but there were a ton and constantly. Also there's photos out there of people with whistles. So F them all for being terrible people and ruining the game for everyone else.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They said something on the broadcast today that the Patriots have had only something like 5 pass interference calls all year.
Reply/Quote
Not that I believe there's anything shady with the Pats, buuuuuuut consider this.. "So maybe you heard (or even saw, as I did) Tom Brady bro-hugging referee Ron Torbert prior to Sunday's game. Though it didn't have that good of an appearance on the surface, maybe it was really just a courtesy thing. A mutual respect. Now, it just so happens that Torbert officiated the Titans v. Patriots Divisional playoff game last season (which NE won 35-14). So what, right? Well, off the field, Torbert is a lawyer with the law firm Barton Malow. The same Barton Malow that was the project manager on Robert Kraft's Gillette Stadium where the Patriots call home. Hmm. Isn't that a coincidence. No conflict of interest there, right? With that in mind, go back and watch the officiating in this game, and see how out-of-whack Philip Rivers gets as the game progresses because the Chargers never once got a break in the game."  [/font] From Theflixisin.net 
More on "the hug" here.. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/tom-brady-patriots-pregame-hug-ref-referee-officials-ron-torbert-chargers-nfl-fans-reaction-twitter

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Did they get the Edelman call right because that play brought the game to a halt.

As will this one. (okay so that one wassn't so bad)

But hey - MORE COMMERCIALS = More money for NFL!

meanwhile i lose interest

Reply/Quote
It really begs the question, What exactly would the Bengals ownership have to do to get a slice of the big money machine of officiating that is the NFL today?

Reply/Quote
LOL @ roughing the passer there

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Saints were hosed by the refs. Two penalties, PI and helmet to helmet. The NFL was going to get LA -Pats no matter what. It makes you wonder why the fans even bother being so invested in their teams.

It was terrible, but stop it. You're right... There are bad calls in every game. You see it all the time when you watch without emotion.

The Rams and Chiefs scored 9 million points when they played earlier. If the NFL wanted anything, they wanted that. The Saints got a bad break on a bad call today. The Pats are better than the Chiefs... They have been for at least two decades, and beat em twice this year to prove it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The NFL is rigged until your team wins...then it isn't rigged.
Reply/Quote
All I can say is bring on the XFL. It would be very easy to put a better product on the field than what the NFL has become under Roger Goodell.
Reply/Quote
To NOT make the PI call on  Nickell Robey-Coleman is about as blatant favoritism as it gets. The league and the Pats by extension have lost all credibility and it's no longer a case of "It happens to every team". Anyone trying to make that claim loses all credibility as well. It's as clear as still water that there is no such thing as an impartial judge or referee anymore. It's not even just a case of being little more than a scam. It IS a scam. 

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:20 AM)jason Wrote: It was terrible, but stop it. You're right... There are bad calls in every game. You see it all the time when you watch without emotion.

The Rams and Chiefs scored 9 million points when they played earlier. If the NFL wanted anything, they wanted that. The Saints got a bad break on a bad call today. The Pats are better than the Chiefs... They have been for at least two decades, and beat em twice this year to prove it.

It just seems like the NFL has an agenda. In what world do you see the Bengals DB helmet to helmet an opposing player while hitting him 10 yards before the ball got to him and not get penalized?  There are sixteen ref teams so there were only two(14refs) on Sunday. There are a minimum of 112 officials to pick from and not one of the Top 15% saw the penalty. BS There had to be three refs in that area and not one of them saw it? You can believe what you want to but any objective fan could see a problem with that play. The NFL counts on fans who ignore there bias and keep on handing them cash. Note from NFL "Keep up the good work
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Saints were hosed by the refs. Two penalties, PI and helmet to helmet. The NFL was going to get LA -Pats no matter what. It makes you wonder why the fans even bother being so invested in their teams.

Saints were hosed on that no-call of PI.  Changed the game, but at the same time WTF was Peyton thinking throwing TWO incompletions inside the 10 yard line with 1:45 left and one time out for the Rams?  That was dumber than Pete Carroll's end zone INT to lose a Super Bowl.  

KC got hosed big-time as well.  

What do these two teams have in common vs. their opponent?  A fraction of the size market.  
Reply/Quote
The Saints had a total of three penalties called against them. The Rams had seven.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Saints had a total of three penalties called against them.  The Rams had seven.

Its not the number as much as the timing of the penalties.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:09 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Its not the number as much as the timing of the penalties.

But if you were going to fix a game you'd probably throw a few more penalties.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: It really begs the question, What exactly would the Bengals ownership have to do to get a slice of the big money machine of officiating that is the NFL today?

move the team to a better market
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But if you were going to fix a game you'd probably throw a few more penalties.  

Calling a penalty and not calling a penalty has the same effect. They say you could call holding on every play. Why don't they? The same goes for PI. This gives the NFL the leeway to give the markets that are more profitable a better chance to advance and help the league' agenda. 
Reply/Quote