Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals aren't the only team
(01-25-2019, 01:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure how you made that jump but you're reinforcing my opinion of the tin foil hat.  Mellow

Refs are bad. They've screwed up royally before and they will again. If you've been reading my posts, you should know i have zero faith in any ref, anywhere, anytime. I despise them 
When literally millions saw what happened and at least three who were closer and get paid to see what happen ignore the penalties , then yes pass the reynolds wrap. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 02:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No doubt !

But I'm sick of hearing about this. The Saints were at home with a giant advantage. They went up 13-0 and couldn't get any further. Brees was missing, badly, on a bunch of passes. The Saints got the ball 1st in OT and again couldn't close em out.

Yes it was a horrible no call but it's far from the first time and won't be the last ! Take the 1st OT possession and ram it down their throats and take the championship.

Or stop whining 
You must not be too sick about hearing about it. you took time to reply. Also you think because a team has a home game or is ahead by 13 points it's okay for the refs to screw them. I bet football is your second favorite sport after raslin.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 08:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When literally millions saw what happened and at least three who were closer and get paid to see what happen ignore the penalties , then yes pass the reynolds wrap. 

Yeah, there is not much doubt in my mind the NFL is rigging games to make money (and it only takes one or two "missed" calls at crucial moments to change the outcome of the game). When you look at calls like this one, and other blatant call that are just not flagged (opposing coaches on the field in the other teams huddle causing trouble, yet no flag), it's pretty plain that they want certain teams to win. The upside to this whole story is that the Saints fans are suing. Now, before everyone laughs and says they can't win that suit, it may have been a joke prior to legalized sports betting. Now, they have legal standing to bring a suit if they allege they were harmed monetarily by the league fixing games. And it doesn't matter if they can prove it, the league will not be able to stand all the suits that will come in the future, each one adding fuel to the fire. They are going to have to hire better referees and make them call games evenly, or they risk getting the wrong judge and losing big time. One ruling in court that the game is fixed, and the NFL will have a hard time recovering. I see this as great news for teams like Cincinnati, who always seem to be on the losing end of bad calls, and hope NO's class action opens some eyes......
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 08:32 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you do or don't believe there is possible 
corruption?

There's corruption and conspiracy in many things. I just don't believe there is to the level some others do, in the NFL. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 08:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When literally millions saw what happened and at least three who were closer and get paid to see what happen ignore the penalties , then yes pass the reynolds wrap. 

I don't know if you've ever been on an NFL field and had to make a split second decision but i know i haven't. I have reffed different sports occasionally in my life (a few times) at a much, much lower level and i know how difficult even that can be in real time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for people to use. It makes them infallible. 

I don't know why not one single professional referee in that game didn't throw a flag. I do know that there are plenty of things that could happen in the moment that would allow something like that to happen. Someone wasn't looking where they should have been looking...someone saw it but for whatever reason didn't react. Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't react to something obvious and later, upon reflection, you couldn't explain why you didn't react...but if given the opportunity, you would have done it different or you would do it different next time? I have and i'd bet there are millions of people that have besides me. 

That's my point. Without the hindsight glasses and with the understanding that people are fallible and miss things, there are too many reason why it went wrong without having to interject conspiracy or corruption. When those things are employed, you usually want to do it with less than tens of thousands of people live and millions of people viewing on tv. It tends to make it harder to pull off and easier to uncover. 

You referenced the NBA ref. I'll bet you had no idea, not even the slightest bit of an indication it was going on until it was announced. That's because it was done in a way to avoid being seen. That flies in the face of doing right in the open, blatantly, with millions--including your employers--watching.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote