Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Bengals don’t feel it’s their job to make other teams better."
(10-28-2019, 11:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Which makes me question AJ’s mental state.

People really need to give this a rest. Maybe his family loves it here. And honestly what does it matter what his reasons are.?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is crazy. They're totally oblivious to the fact that draft picks can help them.

But, when we lose a player to free agency...they tout the Compensatory pick like it's gold and riches beyond measure!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is exactly the type of response I would expect Mike Brown to say. Please Mike just go the **** away.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:08 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

I personally would not trade Green, Geno, or Dunlap. 
AJ Green has missed 21 games since the start of 2016.
At some point, you have to start questioning his durability and longevity.
He's not Eifert-level but him missing has been an even bigger impact than Eifert missing games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So....they won’t pick up top players in Free Agency, because they build through the draft. Buuuuut they also won’t trade players when they need to, to obtain better draft picks to build the team. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**!
Reply/Quote
Yet they're perfectly OK with letting valued free agents go the other teams because they're not willing to compete with salary offers. So in effect they're letting other teams get better and get nothing in return. Cool strategy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Can’t read the article who’s this coming from Tobin ? Mike Brown ? Zac Taylor ?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:27 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why wouldn’t you trade them?  Their production is down, they are aging and Green has been injured in recent seasons. What’s the point in keeping them for a rebuild?  They will be too old to be apart of any success a rebuild might bring but trading them speeds up the process.

This team is not just one or two good players, years or drafts away from contending. This thing needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

With a more experienced coaching staff I could see a full rebuild. But given the coaching staff lack of experience a full rebuild would more than likely hurt the team more so than holding onto aging players like AJ or Geno. There leadership can help the coaching staff, taking them out of the picture you lose that leadership and it can hurt the team long term. 

I'll wait and see how the Bengals move forward in 2020. Will they fill voids in FA and draft BPA or will they continue to be the FO of old and not bring in any FA and continue to draft badly. Time will tell. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to give this a rest. Maybe his family loves it here. And honestly what does it matter what his reasons are.?

AJ lives in Roswell, GA.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:42 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: With a more experienced coaching staff I could see a full rebuild. But given the coaching staff lack of experience a full rebuild would more than likely hurt the team more so than holding onto aging players like AJ or Geno. There leadership can help the coaching staff, taking them out of the picture you lose that leadership and it can hurt the team long term. 

I'll wait and see how the Bengals move forward in 2020. Will they fill voids in FA and draft BPA or will they continue to be the FO of old and not bring in any FA and continue to draft badly. Time will tell. 

IF you loaded this team with say 5-7 promising young players...I have no confidence in this staff to develop them.

This year, we're seeing quality NFL players like William Jackson and Bates decline pretty sharply.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:46 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ lives in Roswell, GA.

So he doesn’t have a home in Cincy? You’re telling me he’s away from his family for like half the year? I find that hard to believe.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:18 AM)Fullrock Wrote: This thread could have been titled:
Bengals don't feel like it's their job to make themselves better.

That is exactly what crossed my mind when I read this.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So he doesn’t have a home in Cincy? You’re telling me he’s away from his family for like half the year? I find that hard to believe.

For the 4-5 months a year he's here...he likely has a home. But in the offseason he's from ATL. I think that's what they meant.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For the 4-5 months a year he's here...he likely has a home. But in the offseason he's from ATL. I think that's what they meant.

Well, obviously I know AJ isn’t from Cincy lol

Reply/Quote
Anyway, the point is I’m just getting tired of seeing our best player, who’s a class act, have his mental state questioned, or his drive to play for a winner, etc. Have people seen him on the sidelines during these bad losses? He looks furious. He just wants to be out there with his team.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So he doesn’t have a home in Cincy? You’re telling me he’s away from his family for like half the year? I find that hard to believe.

Im pretty certain that hes got an apartment at the banks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I feel bad for the fans who dedicate a lot of time, thought, and effort trying to think of ways to make this team better. You all deserve so much more.

I recommend giving up.

Reply/Quote
I saw this on twitter last night from someone else.

Here's another quote from a CBS article:

"The Bengals could get a first-round pick for injured receiver A.J. Green -- an unrestricted free agent at season's end who won't be back there -- but owner Mike Brown refuses to entertain the idea, sources said. The Bengals were also getting repeated calls about Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert and Drew Kirkpatrick, sources said, but at this point some general managers aren't even sure if they're going to check back in next week given the way the Bengals have responded to this point.

"They are basically philosophically opposed to the idea of making trades," said one NFC GM. "It's a waste of time to call them. But we did. And it is what it is. You may as well be speaking a different language." "

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-bengals-redskins-frustrating-other-teams-with-stubborn-no-sell-stance/

Even though being a fan is nothing more than a hobby for me anymore, at some point how can I keep following a bunch of fraudsters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Which makes me question AJ’s mental state.

He knows he is breaking down a lot - he knows MB signs/keeps broken players.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Which makes me question AJ’s mental state.

Why?
Bengals are one of the best at honoring contracts thru the end. If he gets a 3 year deal, it's pretty much guaranteed for all 3 years. Other teams sign and cut after a year.
Reply/Quote
There is a time to not trade good players and a time to rebuild. It’s looking increasingly likely that by the time the bengals are good again these good players that they seem to covet so much will be aging, declining players who will need to have their replacements in place.

The cycle will continue.

This franchise seems incapable of looking itself in the mirror and giving itself a honest assessment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote