Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals failed Joe Burrow, and the NFL is worse for it
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-bengals-failed-joe-burrow-and-the-nfl-is-worse-for-it-045408639.html
Reply/Quote
That's a great article and right on point.  The team chose to gamble on the OL with the moves they made (and they did make moves for you fact-checkers out there) and pretty much decided to solely upgrade the defense.  It was another epic failure of roster management by Mike Brown (don't blame anyone else, he's the GM) and of Zac Taylor because he draws up the game plan and maximized risk to Joe because of it as well.  You'll get the quarterback hurt is pretty much why you can't pass every play.  

While I do not know ZT's contract value, I truly believe that he has to be among the bottom of the league.  This again falls on Mike Brown.  A seasoned head coach (who would command more $$$) would probably have handled Burrow with kid gloves.  I know players get hurt all the time (see Dak Prescott), but Joe chances were just insanely high this year with him being a rookie (holding onto the ball too long sometimes) and the atrocious OL play with a constantly changing starting lineup.  

Who here didn't believe at some point during the season that Burrow would be injured?  I'm afraid that his mobility could be forever affected, changing his game completely.  We are not consistently at the bottom of the league for no reason.  (And yes, I know we were in the playoffs from 2011-2015).
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote