Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals had a PBWR of 18% in the SB!
(02-14-2022, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My biggest question is...the ran the ball for a really good ypc. When we got the lead, would we have been better server running it more? Hard to pass rush when you're running. :-)

I think so. I can only speculate as to why, and I'm not sure I like my answer. He got a lot of heat for running at times this year, and questions about taking the ball out of Burrow's hands in crunch time. Can't overthink it. Sometimes you just gotta ride the hot hand until it cools off. It seems Zac likes to think ahead, about setting things up for later looks. In this instance, there would be no time for that. But hey, the Joe Mixon TD pass was a beautiful play. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: But you can't do that unless you have an oline that is good with 1-on-1 matchups.

As was mentioned above, they've actually given up less pressure in that set. I dunno, I'm a firm believer in running with what got you there. Maybe that's the wrong outlook...but, it does help Joe with his pre snap reads. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My biggest question is...the ran the ball for a really good ypc. When we got the lead, would we have been better server running it more? Hard to pass rush when you're running. :-)

Mixon only getting 15 carries was really dumb.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, McVay learned from his Super Bowl loss, I think these guys will too. They've made some great adjustments all year. 

McVay learned to trade all of their draft picks and get a talented veteran QB (who is not a leader and did nothing to improve Detroit but he is talented). Can’t wait until they get old, are in cap hell and suck again.
Have I mentioned that I hate the Lambs?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:09 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: McVay learned to trade all of their draft picks and get a talented veteran QB (who is not a leader and did nothing to improve Detroit but he is talented). Can’t wait until they get old, are in cap hell and suck again.

He did do that. They certainly went all in....and they'll be old and in cap hell sooner, rather than later.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon only getting 15 carries was really dumb.

Yeah, I certainly didn't like that at all. 

Edit: how many total plays did we run?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I certainly didn't like that at all. 

Edit: how many total plays did we run?

There were 18 called runs and 42 called passes. A 70% pass split. This is roughly the same ratio the Bengals have used to get to the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There were 18 called runs and 42 called passes. A 70% pass split. This is roughly the same ratio the Bengals have used to get to the Super Bowl. 

Welp, I can't complain too much then. Coming into the game, I felt like maybe they should've taken the first Raiders game approach. However, as I mentioned earlier, I do believe in going with what got you there.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is already 39th on the all time post season list for sacks
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:09 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: McVay learned to trade all of their draft picks and get a talented veteran QB (who is not a leader and did nothing to improve Detroit but he is talented). Can’t wait until they get old, are in cap hell and suck again.

The Rams are in salary cap hell and have no draft capital. Even with this Super Bowl win it highly doubtful the city will embrace them like the Lakers and the Dodgers. They might have won the battle for the Super Bowl but are losing the war for a local base and are in for some dark seasons in the future.
Reply/Quote