Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals have a nice way of pushing us to the bring of not caring only to pull...
...us back with hope.

Over and over again. Usually it's the draft.

Last year it was coaching changes at OC and DC as well as some new position coaches. Trading for Glenn. Drafting a Center.

This year it's a HC change.

It's the cycle of a bad relationship. Show us you've changed for good Bengals and WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!

SIGN 3-4 QUALITY FREE AGENTS.

You can do it. Win us back for good!
Reply/Quote
after 26yrs? Why break the streak?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: after 26yrs? Why break the streak?

Well...that's just it. Any coach we hire will be working under the same management team who is yet to win a playoff game.

We need a superhuman coach who can scout, develop players, and coach. That's a big ask of a QB Coach or a Passing Game Coordinator from the Rams. Even Josh McDaniel.

There are some guys who could come in and thrive, but the list is small.

I wonder if Shawn McVay could win here? I want to say yes...but the Rams talent level is way above ours overall.
Reply/Quote
As long as it’s not anyone on the current staff, a new coach will need a pass the first few years (not 16) to get things in line. 3 tops, then reevaluate.

Reply/Quote
I don't know, but this latest "reboot" seems to have a more modern twist to it. Me thinks that Katie is getting her chance to show Dad that she can steer the ship.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, but this latest "reboot" seems to have a more modern twist to it.  Me thinks that Katie is getting her chance to show Dad that she can steer the ship.

That's just it though. She's the one that wanted Marvin and Mike wanted Coughlin. Had we got Coughlin, we presumably get more scouts.

It's funny though as every time the Bengals seem to make a decent move, Katie gets the credit.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's just it though. She's the one that wanted Marvin and Mike wanted Coughlin. Had we got Coughlin, we presumably get more scouts.

It's funny though as every time the Bengals seem to make a decent move, Katie gets the credit.

The reality is the that Mike is in his 80s, and cannot continue forever.  If he is indeed grooming Katie to take over, this would most certainly be the transition where she starts to have more influence.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals did as good as they could in the last offseason. It didnt all pan out, but they put it out there and went out and made moves they thought would help. This offseason started of on the right foot with no hesitation on letting Marvin go. We have some nice names on the interview list so far. I like what I'm seeing. Until they blunder something like hiring Hue or anyone on the current staff, I'm totally on board right now. Totally on board.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...that's just it. Any coach we hire will be working under the same management team who is yet to win a playoff game.

I hate to go against the narrative (not really, sometimes it's fun to point things out), but Management teams do not play in the games. he management team's job is to put together a roster capable of making the playoffs. They have done this over and over. It's the coaches and players job to win the game, and this is where the ball gets dropped continually. This team seemingly comes out flat for every playoff game. The Charger's game seemed like they were all hung over or something. While it's fashion to bash the Browns and management, this is on Lewis and his coaching staff....
Reply/Quote
Everybody is wondering if Mike or Katie is changing the culture. It could be that they know in seven years the lease is up, and they need to produce a playoff caliber team to either get another sweet deal, or a new stadium out of the city. Without the fans, their chance of a favorable deal is impossible. I hate to be cynical but that is the way it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate to go against the narrative (not really, sometimes it's fun to point things out), but Management teams do not play in the games. he management team's job is to put together a roster capable of making the playoffs. They have done this over and over. It's the coaches and players job to win the game, and this is where the ball gets dropped continually. This team seemingly comes out flat for every playoff game. The Charger's game seemed like they were all hung over or something. While it's fashion to bash the Browns and management, this is on Lewis and his coaching staff....

That's fair.  The pieces were there for most of the playoff games, but the execution, not so much.  The SD game is a primary example.  You're likely not winning without Palmer, or with a rookie QB and over-achieving team in Houston, or without any WRs in Indy, but that SD game will always stick in my crawl because there are no excuses for what happened.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
As bizarre as it sounds, I am willing to:

Wait until someone is hired to hate on it.
See what he does before I hate on it.

The last guy turned things around pretty quickly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  Win us back for good!

We never left.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: As bizarre as it sounds, I am willing to:

Wait until someone is hired to hate on it.
See what he does before I hate on it.

The last guy turned things around pretty quickly.

ME too

I'm willing to wait and see what happens. I will however say it's going to have to be more than the normal window dressing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: We never left.

We wanted to and threatened to, then he said “I love you fans.”

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We wanted to 

I never wanted to. But its an unrequited love.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate to go against the narrative (not really, sometimes it's fun to point things out), but Management teams do not play in the games. he management team's job is to put together a roster capable of making the playoffs. They have done this over and over. It's the coaches and players job to win the game, and this is where the ball gets dropped continually. This team seemingly comes out flat for every playoff game. The Charger's game seemed like they were all hung over or something. While it's fashion to bash the Browns and management, this is on Lewis and his coaching staff....

Exactly.  Marvin was a good overall coach, but he simply was never good at getting this team up to play in big spots.  A lot of this team's problem points just almost seemed like mental blocks, like primetime, Steelers games, and the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
I feel I'm involved in an abusive relationship with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote
We need to sign a FA tackle and guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:35 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I think the Bengals did as good as they could in the last offseason. 

Not even close, started the year with a horrible OL, questionable LB's (at best) and relying on an oft injured TE.

Oh, and they re-signed Merv over the last offseason which was a bad move.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote