Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals haven't scored in the 3rd quarter since Week 7
We know about the scoring we give up before the half as a sign of inept coaching. How about failing to score a single point in the 3rd quarter...and yes this streak goes back to when Burrow was here too. It's inept coaching at it's finest.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I think this dispels the narrative that we would have won more games with Burrow. We would have likely been more competitive, but ultimately found ways to lose.
Reply/Quote
Still not a single 3rd quarter point since Week 7!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Still not a single 3rd quarter point since Week 7!

Someone spiking the Gatorade at the half? Hell that might make them play better
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think this dispels the narrative that we would have won more games with Burrow. We would have likely been more competitive, but ultimately found ways to lose.

This fact doesn't really dispel that. 

Weeks 1-7 there was only 1 time they didn't score in the 3rd, @Bmore. 

Week 8 was the Titans where they scored in every quarter but the 3rd. 
Week 9 bye
Week 10 Pittsburgh

Week 11 Washington, injured in the 3rd. 

Pitt and Baltimore were the only games they were out of it entirely, including the 3rd quarter. Tennessee they scored 31 with zero coming in the 3rd. 

The thing it dispels is that Zac has any answer and that he put together any kind of team that was able to be competitive, without Burrow. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll take the frustrating postseason and primetime losses of Marvin Lewis over the "New Dey."
At least the team was solid in the regular season under Marvin. Zac Taylor has made the Bengals absolutely embarrassing AF.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Backup QB

No Mixon

SHIT coach

This isn’t surprising
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:42 PM)Housh Wrote: Backup QB

No Mixon

SHIT coach

This isn’t surprising

Mixon was only averaging 3.6 YPC this year. He wouldn't really be a huge upgrade IMO. The problem is the OL.
His best year was 2018 when he had 4.9 YPC. He had his highest yardage for both rushing and receiving even though he only played 14 games.
That year, the Bengals OL was Glenn-Boling-Price-Redmond-Hart.
The biggest difference between then and now is that Pollack was the OL coach. He put together a blocking scheme that really worked well.
It's unfortunate that Pollack wanted to leave either due to Marvin being let go and/or because of Taylor coming in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
C'mon..everyone knows the Bengals only want to be known as the most talented losing team in all of football for all time..This bunch could have an entire team of hall of famers in their primes and still lose..Now THAT'S a skill never replicated anywhere..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote